RX-V385 5.1 Channel AV Receiver Overview
Looking for an inexpensive entry into the world of home theater? The RX-V385 is the lowest-priced model in Yamaha’s revamped V-line (think V for Value) and starts you off with a host of features: five powerful channels of amplification, enough A/V connections to handle whatever you want to watch, support for the latest Ultra HD video specifications and built-in Bluetooth for easy streaming from your phone or tablet. Plus, everything is wrapped up in a package designed with Yamaha’s legendary engineering expertise. The entry-level RX-V385 opens the door to a satisfying home theater experience.
- Five powerful channels of amplification (70 watts each, 20-20kHz, two channels driven) and optional speaker bi-amping
- Bluetooth with Compressed Music Enhancer for sound clarity
- Low-range enhancement technology for bigger bass
- 4 HDMI inputs with 4K pass-through and upscaling
- Full Ultra HD video compatibility with HDCP 2.2, high dynamic range (HDR10), Dolby Vision, Hybrid Log-Gamma and BT.2020
- YPAO auto-optimization tuning for your listening environment
- Cinema DSP digital sound-field recreation and virtual Cinema Front
- ECO Mode saves power
- Dimensions: 17-1/8” wide x 6-3/8” high x 12-3/8” deep
- Weight: 17 lbs.
- Warranty: 2 years – World Wide Stereo is an authorized dealer for every brand we sell
- Included: World Wide Stereo 60-day guarantee and expert product support
Surround with authority
The RX-V385 from Yamaha offers full 5.1 channel surround formats such as Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master, driven by five discrete, conservatively engineered amplifier channels (plus a line-level subwoofer output). Alternately, you can choose to wire suitably equipped main speakers for bi-amping (using separate channels to drive the high- and low-frequencies). And if you haven’t got the space for a five-speaker surround setup, Yahama’s Virtual Cinema Front supplies a similar effect – right from the front of the room.
Pictures worth a thousand words
The V385 sports four HDMI inputs, all of which support full 4K pass-through with upscaling to make even standard signals look their best on the latest screens. And full Ultra HD sources look phenomenal. All the latest protocols are supported, including HDCP 2.2, Dolby Vision, HDR10 and Hybrid Log-Gamma, which expand video dynamic range for more vivid colors and greater detail in both bright and shadowy scenes.
Tuned to your room – and your preferences
Yamaha’s Parametric Acoustic Optimizer (YPAO) automatically tunes the sound to your listening environment. Just set the included microphone at your listening position, and the RX-V385 measures and adjusts frequency response, time delay and volume level of each channel to squeeze the best sound out of your speakers and you room’s acoustics.
Bring the concert hall into your home with Cinema DSP
The V385 doesn’t quite read your mind, but if you dream of being transported to a concert hall, stadium or intimate jazz club, Cinema DSP will get you there. Yamaha is a pioneer in the creation of virtual spaces through Digital Soundfield Processing, taking detailed measurements in real venues and programming the data right into its processors. Cinema DSP transforms your room into any number of locations, and you can combine four sources with your choice of DSP settings and save them in convenient Scene buttons on the front panel and remote.
Don’t let small speakers give you an inferiority complex. The V385 includes Yamaha’s exclusive bass-extension technology for additional power, even from compact boxes. And if you have a subwoofer, so much the better – you’ll get even more of a bump in your thump.
Simple wireless streaming
Beam songs directly from your phone or tablet to the V385 using Bluetooth, with Yamaha’s proprietary Compressed Music Enhancer to make mobile music sound better than ever. (Incidentally, the V385’s Bluetooth is two-way, which means you can send the signal wirelessly to your favorite headset.)
Better for the environment
Yamaha’s ECO-Mode adjusts power consumption to the unit’s operation, saving as much as 20% of energy usage compared to normal mode.
Pairs well with …
Any of a number of 5-channel surround speaker systems. Two to get you started: Polk’s TSi300 speaker package, and Elac’s Cinema 5 5.1 satellite/subwoofer package. And shop with confidence; every purchase comes with World Wide Stereo’s 60-day guarantee and expert product support.
- 5.1-channel powerful surround sound
- 70W per channel (8 ohms, 20Hz - 20kHz, 0.09% THD, 2ch driven)
- 100W per channel (8 ohms, 1kHz, 0.9% THD, 1ch driven)
- 145W per channel (6 ohms, 1kHz, 10% THD, 1ch driven)
- Bluetooth: Version 2.1 + EDR, (profile) A2DP (audio codec) SBC
- Mini Jack: 1
- Analog audio: 2
- Optical digital: 1
- Coaxial digital: 2
- USB: 1
- HDMI terminals, HDCP 2.2 compatible: 4
- Composite video (audio input assignable): 3
- Headphone: 1
- Subwoofer: 1
- Speaker: 5-chm, monitor out (composite): 1
- HDMI terminal (HDCP 2.2 compatible): 1
- Tuner: FM/AM
- Standby power consumption
- 0.3W (HDMI control off)
- 0.9W (HDMI control off)
- Dimensions: 17 1/8" x 6" x 12 3/8"
- Weight: 17 lbs.
What's in the Box
What's in the Box:
- RX-V385BL 5.1 Channel AV Receiver
- Remote control
- Batteries x2
- YPAO microphone
- FM antenna
- AM antenna
Customer Reviews for Yamaha RX-V385BL 5.1 Channel AV Receiver with YPAO Automatic Room Calibration
1 year ago
1 year ago
1 year ago
Setup / multifunction usage as expected
1 year ago
over 2 years ago