We're Hiring! Join our adventure.
Welcome to World Wide Stereo - Considered by many the world’s finest retail repository of audio, video, and the new smart home technologies, our 40-year old company is in rapid growth mode and yet again looking to realign the universe.
At World Wide Stereo, though our customers are our focus (check out our reviews to see what our customers are saying about us), nothing is more important than our people. We offer significant employee benefits in an exciting and fun environment. Your career path is yours to create, and your personal and business growth is a company priority. We will provide all the tools necessary to get the job done but we expect you to bring a lot to the table. Check out our story to learn more about how we got here.
Choose your path
See our open positions below. Is this you? Please send your resume, compensation requirements and the reason why we should hire you to email@example.com.
Captain of Creative Content / Master of Merchandising
World Wide Stereo
is on the hunt. Considered by many the world’s finest retail repository of
audio, video and the newest smart-home technologies, the 40-year company
is in desperate need of a sharp-witted / web-savvy Digital Content Creator who
can A) develop and lead the content strategy for our world-class eCommerce site
– and B) help us move merchandise.
We need someone who gets it: how users consume and digest content on the web and what will get us to page 1 of search results. World Wide Stereo sells the smartest, funnest technology on the planet and we need the smartest, funnest digital content to capture more customers and close more sales. This person directly impacts on site content presentation and merchandising in a way that satisfies user intent, preempts their needs, and maximizes business results. That would be your job, and we’re happy to surround you with all the staff, tools and love you need to get it done.
So let’s talk about you, and getting it done.
You’re smart. You know what’s cheesy or tired or over-memed. You can layout an email newsletter, write a compelling headline, and produce SEO-optimized product pages, landing pages or buying guides. You’re intuitive, too, and you know how to merchandise everything you create with relevant cross-linking, recommendations and visual content. Actually, you’re amazing, and so much so that…
It’s a year later. Turns out you’re a natural storyteller, words dance at your fingertips – and your stuff (your digital content) rocks. Merchandise, and the right merchandise, is flying off the shelves. You’re loved, you’ve earned another raise, and Harley, the office dog, sleeps at your feet. Wait, there’s a knock at your door, another reporter wants your story: “how’d you do it? What’s your secret?”
Like you’d ever tell them.
- Manage day-to-day content operations and execution with the analytical expertise to plan for and measure success.
- Maintain a website/content calendar, create and maintain style guides, copywriting templates, and blog post editorial guidelines and ensure adherence to these guides to maintain consistency and coherence across online content experiences.
- Oversee and execute content workflows, editing, and content loading
- Create, edit, and format content and messaging, ensuring all landing pages and product pages are compelling and optimized with merchandising, copy, and dynamic content for SEO and the customer experience.
- Establish cross-linking and merchandising guidelines by brand or product line in a way that satisfies customer intent and maximizes business results.
- Create and maintain an email campaign strategy that maximizes key business metrics, such as customer lifetime value (LTV), subscription rate, and repeat purchase rate.
- Analyze user behavior data and make content improvements based on metrics - identifying user need and opportunities to drive traffic and brand awareness on the site. Ultimately influencing what makes users click through to purchase or read more and how much time they spend on the site.
- Build site authority and maintain responsibility for end-to-end SEO - crunching the ranking and performance data, conducting content gap analyses, delivering competitive & audience analysis, driving keyword research, and identifying influencer opportunities.
- Ensure that every piece of content created reflects the World Wide Stereo brand and its tone of voice, and effectively communicates WWS’ reputation for integrity and expertise in the industry to the user.
- 3+ years of digital merchandising experience, developing and managing content and production for high traffic websites.
- Exceptional attention to editorial detail.
- Deep understanding of how content is shared across the spectrum of digital media.
- Experience building and deploying email campaigns, using marketing automation tools.
- Strong understanding of website, social, and email marketing technologies, including SEO, SEM, and Social Media platforms.
- Proficiency with web marketing tools, Google services, and website analytics including tools/platforms like: Google Search Console and Bing Webmaster Tools, SEMRush, Conductor, Moz Pro, Screaming Frog, Google Analytics
We will provide all the tools necessary to get the job done but we expect this person to bring a lot to the table.
At World Wide Stereo, though our customers are our focus, nothing is more important than our people. We offer significant employee benefits in an exciting and fun environment. Your career path is yours to create, and your personal and business growth is a company priority.
this you? Send your resume, compensation requirements and the reason why we
should hire you to firstname.lastname@example.org.