A-S301 Integrated Amplifier
Designed for excellent sound quality, with a beautiful appearance. An integrated amplifier with the advantage of digital inputs.
High Quality Circuit Design Based on the ToP-ART (Total Purity Audio Reproduction Technology) Concept
- The amplifier design technology from Yamaha is called ToP-ART which features an input to output with a direct symmetrical design. ToP-ART design and ART Base ensure optimum sound when processing and transmitting the audio signal. The signal is simple and direct, therefore it is less likely to be affected by noise and distortion. The left and right channels are organized in a straight, symmetrical layout for the highest signal purity. In addition, the ART (Anti-Resonance and Tough) Base bottom chassis and a solid center bar provide high rigidity support and dampers vibration. These design innovations contribute to this amplifier's rich audio reproduction with abundant musicality.
High Quality Parts for Outstanding Audio Performance
- Notice the custom made power transformer, custom made block capacitors, two direct signal path speaker relays, one point grounding system, extruded aluminum heat sinks and other top quality parts to effortlessly handle demanding audio conditions. The quality of each individual part, as well as how they work together, basically determines the sound quality of this component. Yamaha uses only very high quality parts, carefully selected and tested for their sound properties.
Created by Rich Experience, Tradition and High Technological Expertise
- Yamaha, with a long history of over 125 years as a musical instrument maker, also has a high reputation for Hi-Fi components. The A-S301 is created by taking advantage of this rich experience and high technological expertise. Based on the concept of “Natural Sound” for reproducing all music as it really sounds, this amplifier is built with scrupulous care from its circuit design to basic sound production.
Pure Direct Mode for Greater Sound Purity
- The Pure Direct mode causes the music signals to travel the shortest possible circuit route, bypassing the buffer amp, the tone, loudness and balance controls to virtually eliminate any signal degradation for the purest sound quality.
Continuously Variable Loudness Control
- The A-S301 also features a new analog loudness control on the front panel that uses electronic volume for higher sound quality which lets you adjust the loudness effect as desired. Separate from the overall volume, this controls the balance of the low and high frequencies providing full tonal range at any volume level by compensating for the natural loss in the human ear at soft levels.
Digital Audio Input for TV and/or Blu-ray Disc™ Player
- The A-S301 is equipped for digital audio inputs with an optical and digital coaxial input terminal. The optical is for receiving audio from a TV and the coaxial for receiving audio from a Blu-ray Disc player. The audio stays in the digital domain giving you pure, pristine and dynamic sound for all of your entertainment sources.
Connection for YBA-11 Bluetooth Wireless Adapter (Optional Accessory)
- With the YBA-11, you’ll be able to stream music wirelessly from a Bluetooth compatible mobile phone or a PC. Thanks to the digital coaxial connection and the aptX audio coding algorithm, you will enjoy wireless music streaming with optimum sound quality. You can also conveniently power the YBA-11 via the DC out connection on the rear panel of this amplifier.
Speaker A, B or A+B Selection and Speaker Terminals for Two Systems
- You can connect two separate speaker systems and hear them in different rooms at the same time. There are four terminals, so by just rotating a simple selector dial you can switch between the two pairs of speakers to play the selected source.
- A terminal for connecting a subwoofer is provided, allowing you to increase the bass output of your system for a more powerful sound with better overall sound quality.
Phono Moving Magnet Input Terminal
- You can connect a turntable with a MM phono cartridge to play vinyl records. Get the best of both worlds whether listening to analog vinyl or the latest digital technology.
Simple Yet Sophisticated Design
- With a beautiful, simple and unique design inherited directly from Yamaha Hi-Fi audio components, this amplifier also boasts an easy to operate layout. The aluminum front panel has a richly textured silver hairline finish. The control knobs are also of the same luxurious construction as used on our top end models.
Remote Control with Clean, Simple Design
- The clean, simple design of the remote control provides easy to understand operation with a single hand. The design makes it simple to adjust inputs, volume and more. The unit has a sophisticated looking hairline finish that matches the design of the amplifiers. You can also use the remote to control a Yamaha CD player.