Sonos Move Durable, Battery-Powered Smart Speaker
Questions? We're here to help.
Model: MOVE1US1BLK UPC: 878269008880 Item: 3149
This product has been selected as one of The Best Bluetooth Speakers of 2022 and The Best Outdoor Speakers of 2022. Our Gear Guides are highly-curated selections which represent the best of the best in their category. From televisions and Bluetooth speakers, to marine audio and outdoor speakers—-start (or finish) your shopping journey with our Gear Guides.
- Get brilliant sound anywhere with the weatherproof and drop-resistant Move. Control with your voice, the Sonos app, and Apple AirPlay 2 at home, and stream via Bluetooth when WiFi isn't available.
- Experience surprisingly deep bass, a wide soundscape, and automatic Trueplay™ tuning that perfectly balances the sound for where you are and what you're listening to.
- The Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa are built right in so on WiFI you can play music, check news, set alarms, get your questions answered, and more, completely hands free.
- Stream over WiFi and connect Move to the rest of your Sonos system at home. Switch to Bluetooth when you're away and offline.
- With an IP56 rating, Move stands up to humidity, rain, snow, dust, salt spray, UV rays, and extreme heat and cold.
- Comes with a charging base, but you can add additional charging bases throughout your home to keep your unit charged up, wherever you take it.
Great sound in the great outdoors
Experience surprisingly deep bass, a wide soundscape, and automatic Trueplay™ tuning that perfectly balances the sound for where you are and what you're listening to.
The Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa are built right in so on WiFI you can play music, check news, set alarms, get your questions answered, and more, completely hands free.
WiFi at home, Bluetooth everywhere else
Stream over WiFi and connect Move to the rest of your Sonos system at home. Switch to Bluetooth when you're away and offline.
With an IP56 rating, Move stands up to humidity, rain, snow, dust, salt spray, UV rays, and extreme heat and cold.
Enjoy clear, richly detailed sound that fills the room at any volume.
Easy to use
Setup takes minutes, and control is simple with the Sonos app, AirPlay 2, and your voice.
Listen your way
Customize your system and play what you want, where you want.
- Two Class-D digital amplifiers perfectly tuned to match the speaker drivers and acoustic architecture.
- Responsive audio chime lets you know Sonos Move has heard you and is working on a response.
- Far-field microphone array uses smart voice capture and noise cancellation.
- One downward-firing tweeter creates a crisp, clear high-frequency response that disperses evenly for 220 degrees of coverage.
- One mid-woofer integrated into the cabinet ensures faithful playback of mid-range vocal frequencies plus deep, rich bass.
- IP rating: Rated IP56 for protection from dust particles and liquid splashes.
- Dimensions - H x W x D: 9.44 x 6.29 x 4.96 inches (240 x 160 x 126 mm)
- Product finish: Black with black grille
- Top panel features: Capacitive touch controls for volume up/down, previous/next track, play/pause, and microphone status. LED light indicates speaker status, microphone status, and voice feedback.
- Complete privacy: An illuminated LED indicator light ensures you're always aware when the microphone is active.
- Weight: 6.61 lb (3 kg) including battery
Power & Networking
- Power supply: USB-C adapters must support one or more of the following output levels: 12V/3A, 15V/3A, 20V/2.25A.
- Charging base power supply: Input: 100-240V, 50-60 Hz, 1.2A; Output: 18VDC, 2.5A
- WiFi: Supports 802.11 b/g/n, 2 GHz, and 5 GHz.
- Bluetooth: Stream music and more with Bluetooth when you're away from home using your phone or another capable device.
- Apple AirPlay 2: Works with AirPlay 2 on Apple devices iOS 11.4 and later.
- Battery: Playback from -10°C to 55°C. Charging from 0°C to 45°C.
What's in the Box
What's in the Box
- Move speaker
- Charging cable
- Charging base
Customer Reviews for Sonos Move Durable, Battery-Powered Smart Speaker
Thanks again WWS and Sonos.
1 month ago
MY BIGGEST CONCERN IS THE SONOS APP! For the Sonos system to be so technologically advanced, the Sonos App is not great at all! It constantly crashes, its confused easily and force closes and is not user friendly. I would also like to see some type of update that I don't have to use it ONLY on wifi. I can control everything else in my house remotely except Sonos. Thats pretty primitive.
love the sound that it produces but the elegant wallmount is a terrible combination with the Move.
Almost EVERY time i put it on the mount it presses the bluetooth-wifi button and the show stops.
terrible idea to design this thing without thinking about the button placement.
I use it as a remote speaker for Television via Bluetooth
Until recently when our wifi router went, so I changed over to the "house model" from Spectrum and the signals kept dropping - so I got myself a Boost, which helped a bit with the interference issues from Spectrum - but then I went to Eero mesh - I have not had an issue since!! Glad it was a Spectrum hardware issue, not a Sonos issue! So in celebration of success and Spring - I added the Move to my system and absolutely love bringing my music with me everywhere - in the basement, kitchen, garage and out in the yard! I couldn't be happier!
Keep really people serving customers
I love the moves versatility. I can move surround sound all through out the house and the back yard at the same time.
Sonos superior sound and use ability are incredible.
I will only be buying Sonos from here on out. I look forward to adding.
Overall I am very pleased!
My main reason for buying is casual listening using Alexa, Google voice control.- Unfortunately it is not natively supported in Czech Republic, therefore it is a struggle to set it up. / I spent 2days trying to put Alexa in it.
1) I wanted to pull music into the kitchen area of my open-concept, Den to kitchen room. Playing audio on my Arc, (sub and s1's) is awesome but I needed 'fill'. with independent and conjoined volumes, it sounds fantastic!
2) Using the Move to carry my music outside (grilling, friends, etc) satiates that desire for a consistent atmosphere.
I often take my Move upstairs to 'get ready' etc.
It got to a point where I began researching new options, realizing we needed something new, and definitely something portable.
It really came down to a BOSE unit and the SONOS Move. When I saw them both side by side, I was a little surprised how small the BOSE speaker was. When I compared the sound, the choice was pretty clear for me - SONOS Move was going to be my new baby, and purchased it, wrapped it up, put it under the tree, and addressed it to "the house", from Santa.
My wife was not initially very happy, even though she was the one who continuously said we needed something new for music. Even when I unboxed it, she was mostly concerned with how much "Santa" spent on it.
Well, let's just say that once I played some tunes, her thoughts changed, and the more we play it, the more she's impressed.
For me, it's nothing short of awesome. I haven't had a sound system in the last 15 years (other than sound bars for the TV's) and I must have forgotten how good music can sound. The deep, rich bass, the solid mid range, and of course, the high end treble.
But it's much more, really, as I now pick up things I haven't heard in so many years. Different instruments, sounds, clarity. Overall richness. It's just great.
I love the simple yet oh so effective charging system. So easy to pick it up and bring it outside, then drop it back down on the charging ring. Absolutely love it.
The Move is obviously a little big and heavy to bring on trips that require a flight, but when we drive somewhere, it's coming along for the ride. Love the fact that I have both wifi and Bluetooth.