The Center of an Unrivaled Home Theater Experience
The XCS1.5K Center Channel Loudspeaker is an important piece of the puzzle to create a cinematic, immersive experience in a home theater system that uses McIntosh’s XRT2.1K or XRT1.1K Floor Standing Loudspeakers as the front left and front right speakers. The center channel speaker is a critical component in any home cinema system as a vast majority of dialog and other key sounds in a movie or television show emanate from the center speaker – thus making it essential that it produces a high-quality, clear sound. The XCS1.5K has been meticulously engineered for this exact purpose.
- 43 individual speaker drivers
- Four 8” long throw carbon fiber sandwich cone woofers housed in a vented bass cabinet
- Fourteen 2.5" aluminum midranges
- Twenty-five ¾" dome tweeters
- Can be tilted to one of five preset angles to be optimally aimed to the listening position
- Three sets of Solid Cinch™ speaker binding posts that allow for bi/tri-amping or bi- or tri-wiring
- Strategic driver selection and detailed crossover design to create a wider sound field
- High current capacity capacitors and inductors
- Removable black knit cloth speaker grille
- Finished with 7 layers of high gloss piano black paint
- Classic McIntosh design elements
Low Harmonic and Intermodulation Distortion
The XCS1.5K Loudspeaker System is capable of reproducing the full dynamic range of a symphony orchestra with very low audible distortion of any kind.
High Power Handling
The Loudspeaker Elements and Crossover Components of the XCS1.5K are all chosen for use with powerful amplifiers up to 1,500 watts.
Using hybrid Bessel Arrays ensures a wide listening angle, superior imaging, and high power handling.
Versatile Operation and Placement
In addition to the regular connections, the XCS1.5K Loudspeaker System provides separate connections for Bi-Amplification and Tri-Amplification hookups, as well as Bi-Wiring and Tri-Wiring.
Gold Plated Input Connectors
The XCS1.5K input connectors are gold plated for superior corrosion resistance and high electrical conductivity.