Immerse yourself in your music with the MCD85 SACD/CD Player. The MCD85 with its open chassis design is not only a serious piece of music hardware, but it shows that you are serious about your love of music. With the great success of McIntosh's similarly retro-styled MC275 and MC1502 Vacuum Tube Amplifiers, MA252 and MA352 Integrated Amplifiers, and the warm reception of the recently introduced MC830 Solid State Amplifier and C8 Vacuum Tube Preamplifier that also have retro touches, it's clear that many people want their home stereo system not to blend in, but instead to be distinctive looking. To be put on display. To be a conversation starter. To make the statement that "A Serious Music Lover Lives Here." The MCD85 does all that. And more.
- 8-channel, 32-bit PCM/DSD Quad Balanced DAC
- Plays store-bought SACDs and CDs as well as music from homemade CD or DVD Data Discs. Compatible with numerous file formats.
- USB Audio input supports up to DSD256 and DXD384kHz and can be used to stream digital music from a computer or digital storage device.
- Features quad balanced, 8-channel, 32-bit/192kHz Digital-to-Analog Converter (DAC). Four DAC channels are dedicated to each audio channel to ensure truly exceptional stereo sound reproduction.
- Balanced and unbalanced fixed analog stereo outputs.
- Disc handling is smooth and quiet thanks to advanced disc transport with a precision die-cast aluminum tray.
- 2x read speed allows disc data to be stored in a buffer memory for better error correction and tracking.
- Power Control and data ports allow for seamless integration with other McIntosh home audio system components.