- The MC830 is a 1-Channel Solid State Amplifier that features an open chassis industrial design similar to the popular MC275 Vacuum Tube Amplifier, C8 Vacuum Tube Preamplifier, and MA252 and MA352 Integrated Amplifiers.
- Direct coupled output design that is rated at 300 Watts at 8 Ohms or 480 Watts at 4 Ohms.
- Fast-responding Dual Scale Watt meter gives an accurate readout of power output for both speaker impedances.
- Monogrammed Heatsinks™ add visual appeal and will keep the MC830 running cool for optimum performance.
- Power Guard® technology monitors the output signal to protect your speakers against being overdriven.
- Sentry Monitor™ technology monitors the output current and shuts the amplifier off if it ever exceeds safe limits.
- Solid Cinch™ speaker binding posts easily secure your speaker cables to prevent them from coming loose and possibly causing a short.
- Power Control ports allow for easy system power up and shut down by sending power on/off signals to other connected McIntosh components.
- User selectable Auto-Off feature will turn off the MC830 after 30 minutes if no audio signal is received.