The fully loaded, hybrid MA12000 Integrated Amplifier is a product of uncompromising audio engineering and expert craftsmanship. McIntosh's most powerful integrated amplifier ever, the feature-rich MA12000 offers 350 Watts per channel of clean, high-performance power that produces a breathtaking home audio experience. You will think your favorite musicians are playing a live, in-person performance in your house.
- The Autoformers and power transformer are now contained in a new glass-topped enclosure capped by a glass nameplate encircled with a decorative trim ring. Key performance specifications and a detailed block diagram are printed on 5 glass panels
- Power Guard® that monitors the output signal for overdriving and makes real-time micro-adjustments to the input signal to prevent harsh sounding clipping that could potentially damage your speakers
- Fuse-less short-circuit protection circuit Sentry Monitor™ that disengages the output stage before current exceeds safe operating levels and then resets automatically when operating conditions return to normal
- A pair of peak responding, trademarked "McIntosh Blue" Wattmeters that indicate the real-time power output of each audio channel
- McIntosh Monogrammed Heatsinks™ which are connected to advanced high current output transistors that minimize thermal equilibrium lag (or warm-up) time and help keep the MA12000 running cool
- Home Theater PassThru that allows for seamless integration into a home theater system
- Patented Solid Cinch™ speaker binding posts easily but securely attach the speaker cables to prevent them from coming loose and causing a short; the binding posts are also gold-plated to prevent corrosion and ensure a quality signal is sent over the speaker cables to your speakers
- A discrete, eight-band tone control that allows for advanced manual analog adjustment of your favorite recordings
- High Drive headphone amplifier with Headphone Crossfeed Director (HXD®) which can bring an added dimension to headphone listening
- Power Control to send power on/off signals to connected McIntosh components for easy system power up and shutdown
- Doubling of filter capacity compared to our other integrated amplifiers for even better low-frequency performance
- The latest audio-grade circuit components to deliver the best sound possible
- Powerful control microprocessors to improve overall system operation
- Easy operation via front panel controls or the included comprehensive remote control
Best of All Worlds
Giving you the best of all worlds with the warm nuances of a vacuum tube preamplifier (or valve preamplifier as some of our friends like to say) combined with the speed and raw power of a solid-state amplifier, state-of-the-art digital audio capabilities, and enough analog audio connections for virtually any home music system.
The MA12000 is a hybrid design with the preamplifier section powered by (4) 12AX7A vacuum tubes (2 tubes per audio channel), while the 350 Watt power amplifier section employs a solid-state design. McIntosh's Autoformer™ technology guarantees your speakers will always be capable of receiving that full 350 Watts whether they have 2, 4, or 8 Ohm impedance.
10 Analog Inputs
MA12000 consists of 2 balanced and 6 unbalanced inputs, plus 1 Moving Coil and 1 Moving Magnet input for connecting a turntable. Both phono inputs feature adjustable loading for fine-tuning the MA12000 to your specific turntable configuration so your vinyl collection sounds just right. All the unbalanced analog connectors are constructed from premium gold-plated solid brass for superior signal handling and grounding. The MA12000 also has 1 balanced and 1 unbalanced output if you ever want to connect to an additional amplifier that's used in a different part of your residence.
DA2 Digital Audio Module
Located in the DA2 are 7 digital audio inputs: 2 coaxial, 2 optical, 1 USB and 1 MCT (for use with our MCT series of SACD/CD Transports), and 1 audio-only HDMI Audio Return Channel (ARC)1 connection. The DA2 is powered by a next-generation, Quad Balanced, 8-channel, 32-bit Digital-to-Analog Converter (DAC). This audiophile-grade DAC features improved dynamic range and improved total harmonic distortion. The DA2 supports high resolution digital audio playback, as the USB input supports native playback of up to DSD512 and DXD up to 384kHz, while the coax and optical inputs can decode digital music up to 24-bit/192kHz.
New Level of Audio Performance
The HDMI (ARC) input allows TVs with a compatible HDMI (ARC) output to be connected to the MA12000 and your home stereo system. Popular multi-channel audio formats from Dolby® and DTS® are supported and will be expertly converted to 2-channel audio for proper playback. When CEC communication is enabled in both the MA12000 and your TV, your TV remote can control the power and volume of the MA12000. The DA2 can be replaced by future modules to keep your MA12000 up to date as new digital audio formats and technologies are developed.
The DA2 has received Roon Tested designation from Roon Labs, which can be especially useful if you have an extensive library of digital music. It has been profiled and tested by both Roon and McIntosh for maximum compatibility. Roon will recognize it and send it audio optimized for its capabilities. No fiddling with checkboxes or dropdowns, Roon Tested devices are automatically identified and configured out of the box for superior customer experience.