McIntosh's C47 Brings Hi-Res Audio and Unmatched Versatility
“The C47 has the lowest noise of any preamplifier out there today. It’s McIntosh’s best-value preamp … the C47 has great versatility for connecting all modern source components.“ – Ken Zelin, World Wide Stereo McIntosh Product Specialist
- Legendary McIntosh quality performance
- 12 inputs -- 7 analog, 5 digital
- Advanced DAC circuitry decodes the highest-resolution music files
- Up to 384 kHz/32 bit, plus DSD and DXD formats
- Direct MCT input for SACD decoding with the McIntosh MCT450 transport
- Two phono inputs – one moving coil, one moving magnet, both with adjustable impedance matching
- Multiple outputs for maximum configuration flexibility
- Balanced XLR inputs and outputs for lowest noise connections
- Optimized personal listing with headphones via High Drive amp and Headphone Crossfeed Director
- Home Theater Pass-Through for ease of integration into existing multichannel systems
- Weight: 23 lbs.
- Dimensions (W x H x D) – 17-1/2" X 6" X 18"
- Weight: 23 lbs.
3 years – World Wide Stereo is an authorized dealer for every brand we sell
- World Wide Stereo 60-day guarantee and expert product support
Meet the C47 - an Audiophile's Dream
No name in high-end audio is as legendary as McIntosh. That’s why audiophiles in search of sonic perfection often strive to assemble the perfect system by cherry-picking McIntosh separates. You can start with a top-performing preamp such as the versatile C47, which offers extensive controls and a full array of inputs and outputs with ultra-low noise analog and the latest digital circuitry to handle all sources impeccably. Then add one or more of the company’s full line of power amps – from the 150 watt per channel MC152, or two 300-watt monoblock MC301, both styled to match the low-profile C47, to a 75-watt stereo tube set or a 1,200 watt monster – to suit your speakers, your personal preferences and your listening environment needs.
McIntosh: Synonymous with Performance
Handcrafted, highest-end, made in America – where do you begin to explain the enduring aura of McIntosh audio? From the timeless elegance of muted blue and green hues through dark-glass front plates, to the iconic analog meters that swing hypnotically to the music in many of the company’s products, no brand is more instantly recognizable to generations of music lovers. Founded in 1949, McIntosh has always crafted a limited line of conservatively engineered electronics that are designed for silken sound and built to last, and often gain in value as years pass.
The C47 sports a full array of analog and digital inputs – 12 in all – with levels you can “trim” to match relative volumes across sources. They include seven analog inputs: three standard RCA inputs; two noise-eliminating “balanced” XLR inputs for connection to semi-pro and other high-end components; and two turntable inputs, one for standard moving-magnet cartridges, and one for higher-end, low-output moving-coil models.
Each phono input can also be “trimmed,” so you can choose the best impedance match for any given cartridge – while you’re listening – for the highest quality vinyl reproduction. Bass and treble controls, individually settable per input or bypassable per input, allow you to tweak the sound to your taste. All controls are available from the newly redesigned, sleek modern remote control.
Any Source, Any System
For the multiple digital inputs – five in all – the C47 comes with McIntosh’s custom-designed digital-to-analog circuitry to handle the latest and highest-resolution music file formats. Two optical and one coaxial input handle up to 192 kHz/24 bit high-resolution music files; a USB input ramps that up to 384 kHz/ 32 bits, as well as the newest streaming DSD and DXD formats. And an MCT input allows direct connection to a Super Audio CD transport such as McIntosh’s MCT450. In short, the C47 will handle pretty much any sound source, yesterday’s, today’s or tomorrow’s, with equal grace.
Outputs to Spare
There are five outputs from the preamp – two pairs of balanced XLR connectors, two gold-plated RCA connections, and one pair of fixed-volume outputs – to allow for multiple speaker configurations and listening areas. Home Theater Pass-Through allows for easy integration into existing multichannel systems. And the front-panel headphone output includes both McIntosh’s optimized High Drive amp for cleaner sound and Headphone Crossfeed Director (HXD) for improved spatial localization.
- TOTAL HARMONIC DISTORTION: 0.003%
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE:
- +0, -0.5dB from 20Hz to 20,000Hz
- +0, -3dB from 10Hz to 100,000Hz
- MAXIMUM VOLTS OUT (BALANCED / UNBALANCED): 16/8 V RMS
- INPUT IMPEDANCE (BALANCED / UNBALANCED): 44K ohm, 22K ohm
- PHONO VOLTAGE GAIN:
- Moving Magnet: 40dB
- Moving Coil: 60dB
- HIGH LEVEL VOLTAGE GAIN:
- To Outputs 1 & 2: 15dB
- To Fixed Output: 0dB
- SIGNAL TO NOISE RATIO: 100dB
- DUAL MONO POWER SUPPLY: No
- DUAL MONO, FULLY BALANCED: No
- HEADPHONE OUTPUT: Yes 1/4", High Drive with Headphone Crossfeed Director (HXD®)
- INPUTS BALANCED: 2 Stereo
- INPUTS UNBALANCED: 3 Stereo + 2 Phono
- VARIABLE OUTPUTS BALANCED: 2 Stereo
- VARIABLE OUTPUTS UNBALANCED: 2 Stereo
- DIGITAL USB INPUT: 1 (accepts PCM signals up to 32-bit/384kHz; supports DSD64, DSD128 and DSD256 plus DXD 352.8kHz and DXD 384kHz)
- DIGITAL COAXIAL INPUT: 1
- DIGITAL OPTICAL INPUT: 2
- DIGITAL DIN (SACD) INPUT: 1
- PHONO MOVING MAGNET: Yes, adjustable
- PHONO MOVING COIL: Yes, adjustable
- RECORD PROCESSOR LOOP: No
- INPUT LEVEL MATCH: Yes, +/- 6dB
- HOME THEATER PASS THROUGH: Yes
- TONE CONTROLS: Bass and Treble
- TONE BYPASS AND INPUT ASSIGN: Yes
- RS232 CONTROL INPUT: Yes
- POWER CONTROL OUTPUT: 1 Main, 2 Trigger
- REAR PANEL DATA PORTS: Yes, 4
- REAR PANEL IR SENSOR INPUT: Yes
- MULTI-CHASSIS OR SINGLE: Single, two layer
- OUTPUT METERS: No
- TUBE OR SOLID STATE: Solid State
- ON, POWER CONSUMPTION: 30 watts
Weights & Dimensions
- DIMENSIONS (W X H X D): 17.5" (44.45cm) x 6" (15.2cm) x 18" (45.72cm)
- WEIGHT: 23 lbs (10.4 kg)