- The C8 Vacuum Tube Preamplifier has an open chassis industrial design similar to McIntosh's popular MC275 Vacuum Tube Amplifier, MC830 Solid State Amplifier, and MA 252 and MA352 Integrated Amplifiers.
- Powered by fou 12AX7a vacuum tubes housed inside stylish protective cages.
- Comes with 1 balanced and 2 unbalanced analog inputs, plus 1 Moving Coil and Moving Magnet phono inputs with adjustable loading. 1 balanced and 2 unbalanced outputs.
- Does not come equipped with any digital inputs, but it is digital-audio-ready as the DA2 Digital Audio Module can be installed in it as an optional upgrade.
- The DA2 has 7 digital inputs: 2 coax, 2 optical, 1 USB, 1 MCT, and 1 audio-only HDMI Audio Return Channel (ARC) 1 connection. Supports up to DSD512.
- Bass and treble tone controls help fine-tune your music to your personal preferences.
- Comes with a High Drive headphone amplifier that has plenty of power and flexibility to drive a wide range of headphones.
- Power Control can automatically turn other connected McIntosh components on and off. Data Ports can send remote control commands to connected source components.