MM7055 5-Channel Home Theater Amplifier
Power For Your System
- The MM7055 power amplifier produces 140 watts of high current output from each of its five channels. This is real world power, too, measured across the full audio bandwidth (20 Hz 20 kHz) at 8 ohms with 0.08% Total Harmonic Distortion. Among other attributes, this means the MM7055 is capable of long-term power delivery into low impedance speakers.
The Many Faces of Excellence
- In practical terms, the MM7055 is ideal for a 5.1 home theater system, whether based on a moderately powered receiver or a surround sound processor. You can use it to power speakers in different areas of your home; stereo reproduction in two rooms plus a mono channel for secondary areas such as a den or kitchen. For more complex home theater systems, the MM7055 pairs with one or several MM7025s to help create a totally immersive 7.1 or 9.1 audio experience.
Inside The MM7055
- A massive power supply includes a multiple-secondary EI-core transformer and over 65,000 F of custom-designed energy storage capacity. Critical circuit components from many world-class suppliers were chosen only after extensive listening tests. Among these, the LAPT Hyper Power output devices were first used in Reference Series components. Current feedback topology insures astounding accuracy and control under high-drive conditions.
A Temperature-Controlled Environment
- Physically, the MM7055s output stages mount on an extruded aluminum thermal tunnel for efficient heat dissipation. With temperature-sensing forced air cooling, this configuration assures cool operating temperatures for long-term reliability, even when making full use of the amplifiers substantial output capabilities.
- Balanced inputs and single-ended RCA inputs are both supported, and you can choose either type of input for each channel, individually, for easy and flexible connectivity. Audiophile grade, gold-plated four-way binding post speaker terminals insure tight connections to your choice of speaker wire.
- The MM7055 includes input and output jacks for DC trigger pulses as well as RC-5 jacks for total remote control convenience, even with legacy Marantz products.
- The chassis itself is heavy gauge steel for maximum isolation from external vibration as well as electromagnetic and radio frequency interference. And chassis depth is less than 1412 so the MM7055 will fit quite nicely on a shelf, in a cabinet, or in a conventional system rack with the optional rack mount kit RMK8003MM.
- Power. Functionality. Dependability. And classic looks. The MM7055 is, simply speaking, a Marantz.
- Number of Channels: 5
- Current Feedback Topology: Yes
- Discrete Amplification: Yes
- Power Transformer: Large Capacity EI
- Chassis: Steel
- Variable X-over: Steel
- Display Off: Blue LED Illumination off mode available
- Main Amplifier In: Balanced & Unbalanced - 5ch (Exclusive use by a selector switch.)
- DC Triggers: 1 in/ 1 out
- D-Bus Remote (RC-5) In/Out: 1-1
- Flasher In/ IR Receiver In/ Emitter Out: 1/0/0
- Power Output: 140W (20Hz - 20kHz, 0.08%)
- S/N Ratio: 105dB
- Freq. Response (Analog In): 8Hz - 100kHz (+/- 3dB)
- Color: Black
- Front Panel: Aluminum/Glass-reinforced eesin
- Power Consumption: 660W (Standby - 0.2W)
- Dimensions W x H x D: 17-3/8 x 7-3/16 x 15-1/8"
- Weight (lbs): 34.6