Marantz CD6007 Single-disc CD player with USB port
Questions? We're here to help.
Model: CD6007/U1B UPC: 699927001353 Item: 175353
This product has been selected as one of The Best CD Players of 2023. Our Gear Guides are highly-curated selections which represent the best of the best in their category. From televisions and Bluetooth speakers, to marine audio and outdoor speakers—-start (or finish) your shopping journey with our Gear Guides.
Combining exclusive Marantz technologies and elegant styling, the CD6007 compact disc player features a reference class AK4490 192-kHz/24-bit D/A converter along with HDAM-SA2 (Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Module) technology to deliver pure sonic performance. The center-mounted CD drive mechanism is compatible with music CD, CD-R, and CD-RW discs, while the USB-A port even supports Hi-Res audio such as FLAC HD, DSD, and more.
- Enjoy your CD and CD-R/RW collection and more through the front USB input
- Enjoy all your files through the front USB port including WAV, MP3, AAC, WMA, FLAC HD, ALAC, AIFF, and DSD files
- Enjoy pristine sound quality from your CD and digital media files
- New selectable two digital filters optimize the reproduction of digital music content
- Full discrete headphone amplifier with HDAM-SA2, gain control, and auto-off circuit
- Eliminate interference for sound purity
- Gold Plated L/R/Coax output for a strong continuous connection to your amplifier
- System remote controls CD Player, amplifier, and network player
Marantz HDAM Technology
Marantz developed its own discrete circuit boards to replace standard ICs. These HDAMs consist of discrete surface mount components with short mirror image L/R signal paths. These devices do exactly the same thing as the Op-Amps but outperform the regular IC Op-amps dramatically in terms of the Slew Rate and reduced noise level, resulting in a more dynamic, accurate, and detailed sound. In the CD6007, the proprietary HDAM-SA2 circuit improves on its previous HDAM module for a more stable power supply. The idling current stability is less influenced by power transistor temperatures to maintain sound performance even at the high-level output.
Reference Quality D/A Conversion
The CD6007 features a new Hi-Res D/A conversion. It is equipped with a reference class AK4490 D/A converter, offering two selectable filter options, and provides up to 192-kHz/24-bit and DSD 5.6MHz resolution for optimum musical fidelity with tight bass, pleasant mids, and smooth extended highs for CD playback and Hi-Res formats from a USB memory stick.
High Current Power Supply
The audio power supply employs high speed, high current Shottky Barrier Diodes, and new higher value current storage capacitors compared to the previous model. The size of the power supply capacitors has been increased by 120% for improved current stability and reduced AC noise during high demanding listening sessions.
High Slew Rate Op-amp + HDAM-SA2 Headphone Amplifier with Headphone Amp Gain Setting (Low/Mid/High)
The CD6007 offers an improved and redesigned headphone amplifier section. The CD6007 inherits the exclusive Marantz HDAM-SA2 circuit with three gain settings (Low/Mid/High) for a perfect match with almost any brand of headphones for an optimal solo listening experience. However, if you prefer, the headphone amp is also equipped with an “Off Circuit” function that automatically turns off the headphone amplifier when a headphone is not connected to the unit to avoid any unwanted interference or noise.
Plays Hi-Res Audio USB Sources
The CD6007 can playback MP3, WMA, AAC and WAV, FLAC HD, ALAC, AIFF (up to 192-kHz/24-bit), and DSD (up to 5.6-MHz) files from a connected USB storage device.
The CD6007 introduces a new selectable digital filter option. This two-mode filter (Filter1/Filter2) allows the optimized reproduction of digital music content using the new AK4490 D/A converter to your taste. Filter 1 is a slow roll-off preset that improves deep stereo imaging while Filter 2 is a sharp roll-off filter for more precise imaging reproduction.
The Most Musical Sound
Engineered and extensively tuned by a team drawing on more than 65 years of Hi-Fi expertise, the CD6007 provides exceptional performance for your audio collection. Whether digital or analog, enjoy the most musical sound from any source.
- CD Compatibility: CD / CD-R/RW / SA-CD / WMA / MP3 / AAC: Yes / Yes / No / Yes / Yes / No
- CD-Text / SA-CD Text / ID3 Tag / WMA Meta Tag / AAC Metadata: No / No / Yes / Yes / Yes
- Data Disc Compatibility: DSD / WAV / ALAC: No / No / No
- DAC operation mode: USB / Coax / Optical: No / No / No
- Asynchronous mode rear USB
- Bit-perfect transmission
- USB-B DSD Audio Streaming (DoP): DSD2.8 / DSD5.6
- Signal isolator for DAC Mode operation
- HDAM version: HDAM+HDAM SA2
- Power Transformer: Toroidal / El: No / Yes
- High-Grade Audio Components: Yes
- Customized Components: Yes
- Symmetric circuit layout: Yes
- Copper plated chassis: No
- Extra metal plate for chassis strengthing: Yes
- Digital out off / Audio EX Mode: Yes / No
- Headphone: Standard / Buffer / Current feedback: No / Yes (HDAM-SA2) / No
- Selectable filter: CD / SA-CD / DAC-Mode: Yes / No / No
- Marantz Musical Mastering: Yes
- Marantz Musical Mastering Stream: No
- Marantz Musical Mastering Conversion: No
- Separated rectifier circuit for analog and digital circuitry: Yes
- Display: Dimmer / Off: Yes / Yes
- Low Noise LCD display: No
- 5mm Aluminum top cover: No
- Program Play (CD / SA-CD): 25
- Repeat: Yes
- Random Play: Yes
- Start Sound Mode for SA-CD: No
- Inputs / Outputs:
- Analogue Out (Cinch): 2ch
- Balanced Out: No
- Digital Optical In / Out: No / 1
- Digital Coaxial In / Out: No / 1
- Sample Rate digital In: No
- Gold plated Cinch: Yes
- USB Audio (front) / Made for iPod / Made for iPhone: Yes / No / No
- USB-A: FLAC / WAV / AIFF / ALAC / DSD: Yes
- USB type B input for PC (rear): No
- Asynchronous mode rear USB: No
- Sample Rate USB type B In: No
- USB-B DSD Audio Streaming (DoP): DSD2.8 / DSD5.6: No
- D-Bus: Yes
- Headphone Out: Yes
- Headphone Volume Control: Yes
- Mechanism: JTL-101Y
- D/A Conversion: Multi-bit, Delta-Sigma
- DAC IC: AK4490
- Digital Filter: AK4490
- Noise Shaper: AK4490
- Low Pass Filter stage: HDAM
- Output Buffer: HDAM SA2
- Headphone amp: HDAM-SA2buffer+OPAMP
- SA-CD AUDIO
- Frequency Response (Cust.): No
- Dynamic Range (SA): No
- Signal to Noise Ratio (SA): No
- Total Harmonic Distortion (SA): No
- Channel Separation (SA): No
- CDDA AUDIO
- Frequency Response: 2 Hz - 20 kHz
- Dynamic Range: 100 dB
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 110 dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.002%
- Channel Separation: 98 dB
- Metal Front Panel: Yes
- Remote Control: RC004PMCD
- Power Consumption: 32W
- Standby Consumption: 0.3W
- Auto power off: Yes
- Detachable Power Cable: Yes
- Maximum Dimensions (W x D x H): 17.3" x 13.4" x 4.1"
- Weight: 14.3lbs
What's in the Box
What's in the Box
- CD6007 CD Player and Recorder
- Remote Control
Customer Reviews for Marantz CD6007 Single-disc CD player with USB port
And the USB port is a nice bonus. I can easily hear my own compositions by copying to a thumb drive, albeit FAT 32.
Like so many other reviewers, I recommend the CD6007.
10 months ago
over 2 years ago
Always peruse WWS (they're local--I'm in the Philly area) and look to them first. You usually pay retail, but the service is worth the price. Unfortunately the $599 Marantz cd6007 of pre-covid supply chain abundance has been replaced by the $799 cd6007 of 2021 -- I understand, we have inflation, and the top of the line AKM chip installed in these units were in short supply due to a factory fire.
Well, my fellow CD-philes, not to worry, this CD player is better than anything twice its price. It's clear Marantz engineers put the $$$ in the guts of the unit, not the exterior. The dot matrix display is frugal at best and the use of the existing 5000-6000 series case is economical as well, but the sound and the clarity at $800 is ridiculous. Blows the Rotel away, cleans the aging Naim's butt and the Burr Brown/TI dac comparisons are inane.
Glad I bought this--old school engineering. Saul Marantz would be proud of his Japanese offspring, the quality of the guts is what makes the music not a pretty exterior....A +
1 year ago
Been listening to several versions of Alban Berg's Lyric Suite and I can assert there are differences and nuances on each performance. Stringed sounds are rich and vivid. There is space on sound and certainly wide dynamic range being not too ingenious on these recordings. Great going to concert halls but have to admit that most music I listen is through loudspeakers. This is a good choice.
Great that WWS is keeping Marantz alive.