Kicker 45KMF102 Overview
Spice up life on the water with the Kicker 45KMF102 10” 2-ohm marine-grade subwoofer. Designed to work in a “free-air” environment (meaning the subwoofer doesn’t need a dedicated enclosure to perform well), you can install this subwoofer just about anywhere on the boat. Think outside the box! *wink*
- 10” marine grade subwoofer designed to handle the elements
- Free-air design to eliminate the need for a bulky enclosure
- Injection-molded polypropylene woofer cone for deep, low bass response and long-lasting performance
- Rubber surround for longevity
- 2-ohm impedance to extract maximum power from the attached amplifier
- Up to 175 watts of continuous power handling
- Peak power handling: 350 watts
- Frequency response range: 30Hz – 500Hz
- Sensitivity: 86.2dB
- Mounting depth: 5”
- Mounting hole diameter: 9-3/16”
- Warranty: 1 year - World Wide Stereo is an authorized dealer for every brand we sell
- Included: World Wide Stereo 60-day guarantee and expert product support
Add Some “Thump!”
By installing the Kicker 45KMF102 2-ohm 10” marine subwoofer into your boat, you’re going to hear low-end bass response that probably hasn’t existed in that environment before. Since the subwoofer only requires about 175 watts to run well, you can utilize a compact amplifier that won’t take up too much real estate in a cabinet or other area. You’ll enjoy a “fullness” in your music that you’d never think you’d hear on your boat.
Built for Boats
The 45KMF102 marine subwoofer has a bevy of marine-grade materials that make up its architecture. From its injection-molded polypropylene woofer cone to its co-molded Santoprene® surround to its polymer basket, the subwoofer was designed to withstand the harsh environment that marine use brings. Rest assured that you’re going to get the performance and the longevity that you want.
What is a “free-air” subwoofer exactly? Good question! A free-air subwoofer is a subwoofer that doesn’t need to be in a dedicated box or enclosure to perform well. This is the ideal subwoofer design for a marine environment as you may not have the room for a bulky subwoofer enclosure. You can mount this subwoofer in a cabinet, bulkhead, or similar place to keep it from occupying too much room.
Make it a Light Show
Add a Kicker 45KMG10W (white grille) or 45KMG10C (charcoal grille) not only for protection against accidental damage, but also for the LED lighting each of these grilles offer. If you want to up the ante even further, add a Kicker 41KMLC remote control to easily change the color of the lights or to select a particular light theme.
Allow Us to Suggest…
To properly power this subwoofer (assuming you are using only a single 45KMF102 subwoofer in your setup), we would recommend a single-channel (or monoblock) amplifier that is stable at 2 ohms. Ideally, the power output of this amplifier at 2 ohms would fall around 200 watts.
- Woofer (in, mm): 10, 25
- Impedance (OHMS): 2 SVC
- Peak Power Handling (Watts): 500
- Continuous Power Handling (Watts RMS): 250
- Sealed Enclosure Volume Min-Max (ft³, L): N/A
- Vented Enclosure Volume Min-Max (ft³, L): N/A
- Frequency Response (Hz): 30-500
- Mounting Depth (in, cm): 5, 12.7
- Hole Diameter (in, cm): 9-3/16, 23.2
- Outer Diameter (in, cm): 10-11/16, 27.1
What's in the Box
What's in the Box:
- One 45KMF102 subwoofer
- Mounting hardware
- Owners manual