Focal ICU 690 Overview
Focal’s ICU 690 6x9” 2-way car coaxial speakers sound so good that you’re going to wonder why you didn’t get them into your ride sooner. Focal’s sound gurus not only crafted great-sounding speakers, they also made them compact enough to fit into a wide range of cars, trucks, and SUVs.
- 2-way coaxial speaker kit comprised of tweeters and 6x9” woofers
- Polyglass woofer cones for superb mid-range and mid-bass performance
- Aluminum/Magnesium inverted dome tweeters for detailed high-frequency response
- Rubber surround for long-lasting performance
- 4-ohm impedance
- Up to 80 watts of continuous power handling
- Peak power handling: 160 watts
- Frequency response range: 55Hz – 21kHz
- Sensitivity: 93.6dB
- Top-mount depth: 3-5/16”
- Warranty: 1 year - World Wide Stereo is an authorized dealer for every brand we sell
- Included: World Wide Stereo 60-day guarantee and expert product support
Great Build Quality
Focal’s ICU 690 6x9” 2-way coaxial speakers enjoy the same great build quality and some of the high-quality parts that their higher-performance brethren have. Polyglass woofers, durable rubber surrounds, inverted dome tweeters, and more, to be exact. Focal is a well-known, well-respected speaker manufacturer and the build quality found in their speakers is testament to their never-ending pursuit of perfection.
The ICU 690 woofer cones are made of a blend of materials to give you an incredible result: Polyglass. What’s Polyglass? Well, we’re going to tell you about it now. Polyglass is the outcome of molten glass balls being adhered to a pulp woofer cone. This helps not only in the rigidity of the woofer to reduce distortion, but also improves the bass response – especially at louder volumes. Lower distortion AND solid bass performance? Sounds too good to be true.
Adjustable Tweeter Level
Traditionally, coaxial speakers are installed low into the front doors of a vehicle. While this is great in looks, it can suffer in performance. High-frequency response (treble) can fire like a laser, so unless you have ears on your calves, you’re going to miss a lot of detail in your music. To assist you in overcoming this dilemma, Focal’s engineers put a small switch on the front of each tweeter grille area to enhance the high-frequency response if you found it a little lacking due to the speakers’ placement.
The ICU 690 speakers were designed to run quite well off your current radio’s power. If you want to really dial up the sound quality and volume potential, you may want to consider an amplifier in the future.
Allow Us to Suggest…
If you already have an amplifier in the mix to power the speakers (or you don’t plan on incorporating one at this time), the next thing we would suggest is to use a Dynamat Xtreme door kit to provide sound insulation. In doing so, you’ll receive better mid-bass performance as well as help reduce incoming road noise through your vehicle’s thin metal doors, so you can better hear your new speakers. There is enough Dynamat Xtreme material in this kit to provide sound insulation for a pair of doors.
- Accessories: Supplied grille
- Voice coil diameter: 1″ (25mm)
- Max power: 160W
- Nominal power: 80W rms
- Sensitivity: 93.6 dB
- Frequency response: 55Hz-21kHz
- Tweeter: Al/Mg inverted dome
- Crossover: (integrated) 6dB/oct
- Woofer: 6x9″ (164x235mm)
What's in the Box
What's in the Box:
- One pair of woofers
- One pair of woofer grilles
- One pair of tweeters
- One pair of in-line crossovers
- One pair of flush-mount tweeter cups
- One pair of angled-mount surface tweeter cups
- Mounting hardware
- Owner's manual
Customer Reviews for Focal ISU 690 Universal Integration 6x9" 2-way Component Speakers
over 2 years ago