Denon DP-450USB Overview
Designed for true audiophile reproduction, and outfitted with pre-installed cartridge and phono preamplifier, Denon’s DP-450USB connects with any equipment you own, from receiver or integrated amp, to stand-alone powered speakers. The digital encoder, USB connection, and supplied Windows software transfers the tracks on your precious platters to flash drive, home PC, or network server for archiving and streaming. Sonic fidelity is paramount – the S-shaped tonearm reduces tracking error, the weighted platter is belt-driven for lower vibrations, and the auto-sensor adjusts for speed fluctuations for locked-in accuracy.
- Geometric S-shaped tonearm reduces tracking angle error
- Belt-drive weighted platter with auto-sensor speed correction
- Built-in switchable phono preamplifier connects directly to powered speakers and line inputs
- Includes pre-mounted Denon moving-magnet cartridge
- USB output and free Musicut software for Windows 10 to transfer collection to digital
- Sleek, compact glossy black plinth blends with any modern equipment
- Sculpted dust cover with stand doubles as album cover display rack
- Automatic tonearm lift and shutoff at end of record side
- Three speeds – 33-1/3, 45 and 78 rpm – to play any discs in your collection
- Dimensions: 16.2" (W) x 5.2" (H) x 13.7" (D)
- Weight: 12.4 lbs.
- Warranty: 1 year – World Wide Stereo is an authorized dealer for every brand we sell
- Included: World Wide Stereo 60-day guarantee and expert product support
Connect to anything…
The DP-450USB’s built-in, switchable phono preamplifier (made to match the pre-mounted Denon moving-magnet cartridge) adds versatility. Connect easily to today’s varied equipment, whether line- or phono-level input, receiver or amplifier, compact system, or stand-alone powered speakers.
…And archives everything
With a USB cable and the free downloadable Musicut software for Windows, you can translate your tracks to digital WAVs or MP3s with a single touch, and transfer your treasured collection to flash drive, PC, or home server to save and stream. Then carefully reinsert your LP into its sleeve, put it back on the shelf, and store it (vertically, please, at around 70 degrees Fahrenheit) for future generations to enjoy.
Oh, what curves
Geometrically speaking, the ideal tonearm would be perfectly tangential to each groove, lead-in to lead-out. With a single pivot-point tonearm, that’s just not physically possible. (There have been attempts at linear-tracking turntables over the years, most introducing their own mechanical issues.) The DP-450USB’s precision-engineered S-shaped tonearm minimizes tracking-angle error, all the way across the record.
A dedication to fidelity
The Denon DP-450USB, like every item in the legendary manufacturer’s line, is designed for audiophile ears. The weighted platter is belt-driven to reduce the motor vibrations known as rumble. An auto-sensor monitors the speed of the platter and corrects for any variations for locked-on accuracy. And the sleek and glossy plinth minimizes external vibrations while blending with any home system and décor.
Cool and convenient
Many turntables today are exercises in mechanical minimalism – which is fine, until you fall asleep during the last track and wake up 20 minutes later to that annoying thump/scratch/thump of the needle caught in the lead-out groove. The DP-450USB is kind enough to you and your stylus to automatically lift off the record and shut off when the side ends. And if you admire album artwork, you’ll love the unique sculpted plexiglass dust cover with its own stand, designed to display record jackets.
- Drive type: Belt drive
- Motor: DC servo motor
- RPM speeds: 33 1/3, 45, 78 RPM
- Wow & flutter: 0.1% WRMS
- S/N ratio: 62dB
- Tonearm: Static balanced type
- Tonearm effective length: 220mm
- Overhang: 16mm
- Stylus pressure range: 0 - 4.0g (0-39.2mN), 1 gradation is 0.1g (0.98mN)
- Compatible cartridge weight: 5.0 - 13.0g, (59.2mN - 127.5mN)
- Cartridge: MM type
- Output voltage
- Equalizer off: 2.5mV
- Equalizer on: 150mV
- Optimum stylus pressure: 2.0g (19.6mN)
- USB port: USB recording, typeA USB port, version 2.0
- Power supply: AC 100 - 240V, 50/60Hz
- Power consumption: 10W
- In standby mode: 0.5W or less
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 16.2" x 5.2" x 13.7"
- Weight: 12.4 lbs.
What's in the Box
What's in the Box
- DP-450USB Hi-Fi Turntable with Speed Sensor and USB Encoder
- Dust cover
Customer Reviews for Denon DP-450USB Hi-Fi Turntable with Speed Sensor and USB Encoder
Well this USB 450 delivers greatly. I can listen hours on end... and get frustrated by the sound it produces...
Ps only thing I will be changing is the cartridge but that just me.
1 year ago