The PD-301-X is a combination product in the Reference 301 range, comprising a CD player, USB memory player and FM tuner, and provides a versatile digital media gateway for your existing desk-top audio system.
- Slot-load CD player supporting CD-DA, CD-ROM, CD-R and CD-RW discs
- High performance BurrBrown PCM5142 32-bit D/A converter
- Sleek, small footprint design
- Built-in FM Tuner with 20 x FM station presets
- Automatic CD Playback (On/Off selectable)
- MP3, WMA playback from CD-ROM, CD-R and CD-RW
- MP3, WMA, AAC, WAV playback from USB flash drive
- Program playback (CD-DA only)
- Shuffle and Repeat playback
- Song title and artist name display (ID3 tag required)
- Selectable Folder/File browse modes
- USB A-type Port
- Coaxial and optical digital audio outputs
- Analogue LINE audio output via RCA Pin
- Card-type Remote Control
- Full-metal body
Quick Loading + Automatic Playback
The PD-301-X features a compact, high-precision, slot-load CD drive mechanism that’s exclusively designed for professional audio applications. Thanks to its quick loading times and automatic playback function, users can get on with enjoying their music mere moments after inserting a CD into the slot.
Support for MP3, WMA, AAC + WAV
Conventional digital audio formats such as MP3 and WMA can be played back from CD-ROM/CD-R/CD-RW discs. In addition, music files in AAC and WAV formats are also supported when played from a USB flash drive inserted into the front USB port. Usefully, the player can show ID3 tag, song title and artist name info contained on MP3, WMA and AAC files on its LC-display.
The PD-301-X employs a high-performance DAC (digital to analogue converter), the PCM5142 from BurrBrown, for silky smooth audio reproduction.
Full-Metal Body + Small Footprint
Employing aluminum panels for the player’s front, sides and top means that the PD-301-X provides unusual rigidity, minimizing the adverse effect of unwanted vibrations on sound quality. And all from a package with a tiny footprint that occupies an area of just 215mm x 232mm (8.5” x 9.1”), allowing users to comfortably locate the unit on the smallest of desktops.
Built-In FM Tuner
Unlike most other CD Players, the PD-301-X also features a FM Tuner module within its compact cabinet.
Digital Outputs for All Sources
In addition to conventional analogue audio outputs, audio signals from the PD-301-X’s built-in FM tuner are also delivered from the digital audio outputs, via both the coaxial and optical connectors (of course, these connections also deliver digital audio from CD).
Please note that the digital audio output format is PCM 44.1kHz/16-bit, regardless of the resolution of the original source.
A compact card-type remote control is supplied as standard with the PD-301-X.