Reference subwoofer performance just went micro.
Chest-pounding, musical bass with deep low-frequency extension, from a shockingly compact 10-inch cabinet. Many micro subwoofers have tried, all have failed. Until now. The miniature yet mighty SVS 3000 Micro subwoofer seamlessly blends into any room and speaker system, energizing space with astonishingly rich, effortless, and detailed bass for music and home theater that’s all the more impressive given its micro-sized enclosure.
Featuring innovations from the reference flagship SVS 16-Ultra subwoofers married to fully-active dual-opposing 8-inch drivers, and an 800 watt RMS, 2,500 watt Peak Power Sledge STA-800D2 amplifier with discreet MOSFET output, 3000 Micro delivers performance that obliterates every micro subwoofer imposter that has come before. Also features the powerful SVS subwoofer DSP smartphone app for advanced tuning and control. Finally a micro subwoofer worthy of the name SVS.
Fully-Active Dual-Opposing 8-inch Drivers – Defy the Laws of Physics with Room-Shaking Output with Pinpoint Accuracy
A first-ever design for SVS, two fully active 8-inch woofers are mounted on opposite sides of the sealed cabinet and move in perfect unison to generate stunning low-frequency output with crisp, musical transients. The usable surface area of two fully-active 8-inch woofers firing in opposite directions achieves performance on par with significantly larger single-driver subwoofers. Its tight, punchy output obliterates multi-driver passive radiator subwoofer designs known for their bloated and boomy sound.
By firing in opposite directions, the mechanical energy transferred to the cabinet is effectively canceled out. This creates a sonically inert environment and solves the longtime curse of micro subwoofers, which are known to “dance” or “walk” across the room.
The dual drivers are connected in parallel to a single power amplifier. Each receives the same amount of current, ensuring pinpoint control and more precise, accurate bass. The use of aluminum throughout the woofer, from bobbin to cone, makes a lightweight, stiff, and thermally-optimized driver without resonances or extraneous vibrations.
Each high-excursion 8-inch driver employs a progressive inverted surround to ensure maximum linear displacement. This is imperative for moving massive amounts of air and generating sound pressure levels you can feel at the deepest frequencies from such a small enclosure.
- Precisely tuned overhung motor configuration for unerring woofer control at all drive levels
- Proprietary injection-molded NBR surrounds built for extreme-excursion and longevity at reference playback levels.
- Total Excursion (each driver): 24mm Xmax, 37mm Xmech
- High-current 4-layer copper voice coil winding minimizes distortion and power compression while providing effective heat dissipation and tuned magnetics for accuracy at high excursion
- Formidable proprietary ferrite motor system generates high-flux-density magnetic fields to drive room-filling sound pressure levels with pinpoint transient speed
- Dual 8-inch baskets with FEA optimized powder-coated frames for maximum rigidity, thermal conductivity, and mechanical damping
Innovative Motor Assembly - Maximizes Current Delivery for Dual-Driver Array
An oversized, vented motor structure is optimized for efficient thermal and mechanical-energy management in a confined space. The massive electromagnetic force produced by the motor, in symphony with the high current driving power of the Sledge amplifier, allows the 3000 Micro to maximize the output potential of the dual drivers.
Sledge STA-800D2 Amplifier – Massive Output with Precise Driver Control
A driver is only potential and requires an equally potent amplifier. Extreme challenges existed for SVS engineers when designing an amplifier capable of powering fully-active dual 8-inch drivers at reference levels in a micro-sized cabinet. How to maximize SPLs while maintaining accuracy? How to optimize the potential of room gain? How to maintain proper cooling while achieving massive SPLs?
SVS met these challenges with an 800 watt RMS, 2,500+ watt peak power Sledge STA-800D2 power amplifier that combines the high-current output of discrete MOSFETs with Class D efficiency and the processing power of an Analog Devices DSP. The 3000 Micro subwoofer’s amplifier effortlessly produces sustained high-current output for the most difficult low-frequency playback without clipping or bottoming out. Convincing, high-impact audio experiences without a trace of distortion.
- High Current Output from Fully Discrete MOSFETs with the efficiency of Class D amplification allows the Sledge STA-800D2 amplifier to generate massive amounts of current enabling immense output with surgical precision.
- Optimized frequency response curves for the sealed cabinet 3000 Micro allow the subwoofer to take control of a room and pressurize it with accurate, heart-pounding, acoustically tuned bass.
- Sophisticated multi-band limiters enable the system to behave effortlessly move air and with complete control, even when played at extreme levels.
Sophisticated 50 MHz DSP Engine – Unrivaled Processing Power from a Home Audio Subwoofer
A 50 MHz Analog Devices DSP, normally reserved for high-end separate audio components, delivers sophisticated control and custom response curves optimized for real-world output and acoustically tuned room gain.
DSP plays a huge role in making the 3000 Micro subwoofer sound far bigger than its size. SVS engineers painstakingly crafted an in-room frequency response curve that fully maximizes the potential of a room’s boundaries to produce greater output and deeper bass extension without bloat or boominess. The result, a subwoofer that far exceeds expectations given its size.
3000 Micro Smartphone App – Easiest Way Ever to Manage Subwoofer DSP and Control
The most convenient way ever to control volume, access multiple DSP functions, and program custom preset tuning profiles optimized for music, movies, gaming, and more. All accessible with a single touch. Adjust crossover frequencies, a three-band parametric EQ, polarity, room gain, and more, all from your favorite seat.
- Connects via Bluetooth for convenient control even when the subwoofer is out of sight.
- Saved custom presets for one-touch tuning with optimized settings based on listening preferences for movies, music, and more, with one-touch access.
- 3-band parametric EQ controller allows precise adjustments for boost or cut, Q-factor, and frequency down to the single Hz level to eliminate peaks, nulls, and other room issues
Rear Panel Intelligent Control Interface (ICI)
Rear-panel SVS Intelligent Control Interface (ICI) provides control options and connections for the subwoofer’s most critical functions.
- Level Control to fine-tune the overall output level that best matches the system and room
- Low pass filter control to ensure smooth sonic transitions and seamless blending with the main speakers
- Phase control to align the subwoofer’s output timing with the main speakers or additional subwoofers
- USB port provides power for the SVS SoundPath Wireless Audio Adapter (sold separately) which eliminates the need for a cable run to the subwoofer from the source component.
- RCA Audio Interconnect Input for use with most AV receivers and preamplifiers
- Speaker Level Stereo Inputs for use with legacy receivers
Acoustically Inert and Rigidly Braced Sealed-Cabinet Design
Handsomely styled to complement the finest home theater and HiFi systems, yet compact enough to stash out of sight, the acoustically optimized 3000 Micro sealed cabinet design blends with any room or setup. Features extra-thick MDF front baffle and rigid internal bracing for a resonance-free environment that remains motionless even at peak playback levels, solving a long-time issue of “dancing” micro subwoofers. Serves as a blank canvas for uncompromised subwoofer performance.
- Acoustic absorption eliminates all coloration from the cabinet, even when the deepest low frequencies are played at reference volume.
- Protective non-resonant extra-thick ABS grille frame with fabric mesh cover shields driver to prevent damage while ensuring longevity
- Reinforced internal bracing for resonance-free performance at highest drive levels
- Custom iso-elastomer screw-in feet reduce noise artifacts and improve stability