- Frequency range: 20 - 22,000Hz
- Frequency response: 20 - 20,000Hz 3/-1dB
- Compliance, dynamic, lateral: 18μm/mN
- Stylus type: Nude spherical
- Stylus tip radius: R 18μm
- Tracking ability at 315Hz at recommended tracking force: 70 μm
- Tracking force range: 1.6 - 2g (16 - 20mN)
- Tracking force, recommended: 1.8g (18mN)
- Tracking angle: 20°
- Recommended for the following cartridges
- 2M Mono
What's in the Box
What's in the Box:
- Stylus 2M Mono Replacement Stylus
Customer Reviews for Ortofon Stylus 2M Mono Replacement Stylus (Mono)
Ortofon 2M mono cartridge seemed like a good compromise between value and performance, at least from what I have read on line and from Ortofon rep. And that is what I needed for my limited mono collection (60+ LPs). Let’s get to the point.
Tracking: it’s very similar to my Ortofon 2M Bronze in that regard.
Easy to setup and very forgiving of less then optimal setup.
Inner grove noise: since it’s purpose is optimized for mono playback, I feel like there is a huge advantage of mono dedicated cartridge over fooling around with conversion wires/splitters and stereo cartridges.
Sound: Can’t really say how it compares to other mono cartridges but it is good enough for my needs. It can be blend on poorly mastered recordings and fabulous on well engendered records such as Jefferson Airplane/Surrealistic Pillow or The Beach Boys/Pet Sounds.
Price: ???? Can’t say, as I have no means of comparison to other cartridges in various price point.
Klipsch Cornwall 4 loudspeakers, Turntables DIY with SME3009 arm and Rega P8, Electra Print preamp and amps, digital PS Audio Directstream DAC/streamer.
10 months ago