Our take on the Ortofon 2M Red HiFi Phono Cartridge
The 2M HiFi Phono Cartridge was designed for accurate retrieval of the information in the record groove and ease of mounting the cartridge. The weight and size were designed to fit most turntables that are currently on the market. This cartridge will play the record sound as accurately as possible without coloring the sound.
2M HiFi Phono Cartridge With Elliptical Diamond Stylus
The 2M Series of cartridges is designed for precise and accurate retrieval of the information in the record groove. Ortofon's philosophy is to play the record sound as accurate as possible, without coloring the sound.
The name 2M was selected from several ideas. Ortofon wanted a modern name that would be easy to pronounce and remember, and therefore an alphanumerical name was chosen. 2M means MM, which is the abbreviation for moving magnet.
The 2M series of cartridges features Ortofon’s trademark split pole pins, an invention that enables moving magnet cartridges to have a flat frequency response, as with a moving coil cartridge. Split pole pins were invented by Ortofon, and were originally presented in the 500 series and Super OM series.
We have optimized the design for ease of mounting the cartridge, and the weight and size to fit the most common turntables on the market today. The 2M Series provides excellent compatibility when used in an assortment of playback systems and with a wide variety of phono preamps.
2M Red Series Features:
- an improved engine, which provides an increased output of 5.5mV
- a tipped Elliptical diamond and split pole pins with a copper wire
2M Red Series Specifications:
- Output voltage at 1000 Hz, 5cm/sec: 5,5 mV
- Channel balance at 1kHz: 1,5 dB
- Channel separation at 1 kHz: 22 dB
- Channel separation at 15 kHz: 15 dB
- Frequency range at - 3 dB: 20-22.000 Hz
- Frequency response: 20-20.000 + 3 / - 1 dB
- Tracking ability at 315Hz at recommended tracking force: 70 micrometers
- Compliance, dynamic, lateral: 20 micrometers/mN
- Stylus type: Elliptical
- Stylus tip radius: r/R 8/18 micrometers
- Tracking force range: 1,6-2,0g (16-20 mN)
- Tracking force, recommended: 1,8 g (18 mN)
- Tracking angle: 20 degrees
- Internal impedance, DC resistance: 1,3 kOhm
- Internal inductance: 700 mH
- Recommended load resistance: 47 kOhm
- Recommended load capacitance: 150-300 pF
- Cartridge colour, body/stylus: Black/Red
- Cartridge weight: 7,2g
- Replacement stylus unit: 2M Red (interchangeable with 2M Blue)
- Stylus protection guard: 2M Red
What's In The Box:
1 x Stylus brush
1 x Screwdriver
2 x Screw M2,5 x 5
2 x Screw M2,5 x 7