The McIntosh XR100 Speaker Delivers Truly Dynamic Sound
McIntosh’s XR100 4-Way Floorstanding Tower Speaker is a stunning example of sophisticated engineering and world-class performance. It’s a sleek-looking full range tower that utilizes a unique mid and high-frequency driver array to deliver smooth highs, wide dispersion, and massive power handling. The speaker’s bass is handled by four Low Distortion/High Performance drivers paired with a ported cabinet, allowing the depths of weighty music to be revealed. Of course, the speaker’s visual design and real wood veneer offer a luxurious appeal that only a company like McIntosh can deliver.
- McIntosh’s signature sound and superior build quality
- Four 6” Cast Frame Poly Cone woofers
- Capable of reaching concert hall volumes with 600 watt power handling
- Low Distortion/High Performance technology for deep bass
- Gloss red walnut and gloss black finishes available
- Rear vertical port for better efficiency and increased bass output
- Ten midrange drivers featuring Neodymium-Iron-Boron alloy magnets
- Creates wide dispersion and a huge soundstage
- Eight 2” Inverted Titanium Dome Midrange Tweeters for coverage of 300Hz to 2KHz
- Two Inverted Titanium Dome Midrange Tweeters for coverage of 2KHz to 8KHz
- One 3/4” Titanium Dome Tweeter
- Non-parallel enclosure side-walls to reduce internal standing waves
- Gold plated output terminals designed to accept spade lugs, large diameter wire, and banana plugs
- Connections for bi-amping and bi-wire applications
- Narrow profile cabinet size allows for easy placement
- Frequency Response: 30Hz-45kHz
- Sensitivity: 87dB
- Impedance: 8 ohms nominal
- Recommended power: 75-600 Watts
- Dimensions (W x H x D) – 8" X 51" X 18-1/2"
- Weight – 65 pounds
- Warranty – 5 years – World Wide Stereo is an authorized dealer for every brand we sell
- World Wide Stereo 60-day guarantee and expert product support
A McIntosh Masterpiece
McIntosh customers have come to expect products with distinguished & classic designs, engineering laced with sophistication and high-end parts, and of course, mesmerizing performance. Backed by a massive power handling capability and a driver array aligned to reproduce an incredible range of sound, the 4-way XR100 delivers a musical experience with realistic depth and razor sharp precision. The speaker represents the best of what McIntosh’s highly skilled engineers and craftsmen are capable of producing. It’s a true work of audio art.
The McIntosh name carries serious weight in the audio world. Not only is it associated with superior performance, but also build quality standards that are second to none. With seven decades in the industry, the company is still setting a bar for performance that others strive to reach. Its secret is adhering to the same values that launched the company in 1949: uncompromising design and handmade craftsmanship, both of which are used to consistently create the company’s signature sound.
Unique Symmetrical Midrange Array
No one can accuse the XR100 of looking pedestrian; after all, few speakers feature ten 2” midrange drivers. Arranged in a pattern akin to a spider’s eyes, its midrange array relies on dual crossover points to substantially increase power handling capacity while maintaining wide dispersion and a stable sound image throughout midrange frequencies. Much like the speaker’s single 3/4” dome Super Tweeter, the midrange drivers employ Neodymium-Iron-Boron alloy magnets to keep their overall size manageable and placement close together for improved dispersion.
Superior Low End Performance
The XR100’s low frequency output capabilities are derived from a specialized design incorporating McIntosh’s patented LD/HP (Low Distortion/High Performance) Circuit Design. Each of the speaker’s four 6” woofers uses LD/HP, which significantly reduces distortion while increasing power handling and efficiency. Other features, such as a rear vent through the magnetic assembly (allowing for exceptional heat dissipation) and a die cast basket with an open-air area under the voice coil (to eliminate displacement noise), round out features that combine for total sonic accuracy and a superb transient response.
To aide with deep bass output and overall efficiency, McIntosh designed a vertical port with a rear opening into the cabinet. You’ll be amazed by the overall depth of the XR100’s bass output. It truly is amazing, especially when paired with the McIntosh MA5200 Integrated Amplifier.
Gorgeous Cabinet Design
McIntosh built the XR100 with precision craftsmanship on the exterior, as well as the interior, giving both your eyes and ears enjoyment. Internally, the XR100 has non-parallel surfaces to reduce distortion caused by standing waves. You’ll also find a robust internal bracing system that dampens the cabinet and resists vibrations.
Externally, the XR100 is easy on the eyes, featuring simple lines and a choice of red walnut or black veneers topped with a high gloss polyester finish. A custom molded grille cover fastens to the front of the speaker using Neodymium magnets, covering the drivers with perfect acoustic transparency. And just below the grille cover, an LED-lit “McIntosh” logo proudly glows in classic McIntosh green when connected to an appropriate McIntosh amplifier or pre-amp through Power Control cables (not included). It’s pure luxury and high-end appointments, top to bottom.
A Tower of McIntosh Power
The XR100 4-Way Floorstanding Speaker Tower delivers McIntosh’s signature sound with astounding power and stellar performance. The speaker features high-end appointments on the inside and out, culminating in the ability to reproduce the full dynamic range of any musical piece you toss its way. And because it’s made by McIntosh, you’re guaranteed to experience a refined sound that’s simply magical.
McIntosh Labs XR100 Floorstanding Speaker Specifications:
- IMPEDANCE NOMINAL: 8 Ohms
- POWER RATING: 75 to 600 Watts
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 30Hz to 45kHz
- SOUND PRESSURE LEVEL, 2.8V/1M: 87dB
- CROSSOVER: 300Hz, 2kHz, 8kHz
- NUMBER OF WOOFERS: 4
- WOOFER SIZE: 6"
- WOOFER TYPE: Cast Frame, LD/HP, Poly Cone
- NUMBER OF MIDRANGES: 10
- MIDRANGE SIZE: 2"
- MIDRANGE TYPE: 8 Inverted Titanium Dome Midranges covering 300Hz to 2kHz, and 2 Inverted Titanium Dome Midrange-Tweeters covering 2kHz to 8kHz
- NUMBER OF TWEETERS: 1
- TWEETER SIZE: 3/4"
- TWEETER TYPE: Titanium Dome
- SYSTEM TYPE: Ported 4-Way Floor Standing
- GRILLE: Black knit cloth, magnetically attached
Weights & Dimensions:
- DIMENSIONS (W X H X D): 8" (20.3cm) x 51" (129.5cm) x 18-1/2" (46.9cm) (including cables and connectors)
- WEIGHT: 68.5 lbs (31.1 kg)