McIntosh MHA50 Portable Decoding Headphone Amplifier Overview
Step into the future of on-the-go music with the McIntosh MHA50 Portable Decoding Headphone Amplifier. Backed by cutting-edge McIntosh sound engineering, the MHA50 is an earphone booster that transmits studio-quality tunes to your ears in any setting. You’ll also get natural dimension to your music library with the controls of the Headphone Crossfeed Director (HXD) - an adjustable feature that only makes it easier to personalize your sound settings. Featuring Bluetooth connectivity, you can easily access these features by seamlessly connecting your headphone amp to your Apple iOS or Android device. In addition to easy mobile controls, your MHA50 headphone amp operates on impressive speed thanks to its high-performance 32-bit digital-to-analog converter (DAC). To complete the package, McIntosh includes four USB adapter cables, a leather carrying case, and a wall-mount charger with every MHA50. Plug into your McIntosh portable headphone amplifier and dare to hear the difference.
- Sensitivity of +0, -0.5dB from 20Hz to 50kHz
- High-performance 32-bit digital-to-analog converter (DAC) better customizes your headphone booster preferences
- Headphone Crossfeed Director operates through 3.5mm output
- Bluetooth and wireless connectivity
- Battery life of 6 hours full charge on Bluetooth; longer on wireless
- Four USB cables included for Apple iOS, Android devices OTG, MACOS, and Windows OS devices
- Luxurious leather case protects your headphone amp from damage
- Dimensions: 6.1" H x 2.7" W x 0.6" D
- Weight: 0.5 lbs.
- Warranty: 3 Years - World Wide Stereo is an authorized dealer for every brand we sell
- World Wide Stereo 60-day guarantee and expert product support
Bluetooth Connectivity and Wireless Compatibility
Stay tuned to your favorite device via instant Bluetooth or Wi-Fi. The MHA50 features compatibility with Appel iOS and Android devices, so you can stay constantly connected with an endless streams of music directly into your amplified headphones.
Powerful 32-bit Processors
Decode sound files from almost any format with the 32-bit digital-to-analog converter (DAC). The features of the DAC elevate your music, adapting them in your portable headphone amp, and then transporting the sound into levels most suited for your device. It’s another way that the MHA50 empowers you to take control of the music.
Your Built-in Desktop Speaker
The MHA50 comes equipped with a gold-plated 3.5mm jack that connects your headphone amp to powered desktop speakers. With a few easy steps, you’ll listen to the increased range that this headphone booster provides to your standard desktop speakers.
Control More with the Headphone Crossfeed Director
With the HXD feature in your pocket, it’s easier and simpler to put your sound preferences into action. Add a new, dynamic dimension to your music with just a touch of your headphone amplifier, allowing you to hear a higher quality sound that remains natural and true to the original.
With Great Power Comes Better Battery Life
The MHA50 packs a 3,000 mAh rechargeable battery, which provides up to 6 hours of play on a full charge when you’re connected to Bluetooth. Your headphone amp lasts even longer on wireless mode. Spend less time worrying about charge percentages, and more time enjoying seamless sound.
Compact and Easy to Carry
The MHA50 is designed for maximum portability and easy access. Enjoy the lightweight and accessible package of your portable headphone amp. The path to powerful headphone sound now fits in the comfort of your pocket.
Including a complimentary leather carrying case, McIntosh is committed to helping you protect your audio investment. Additionally, your headphone amp draws extra protection from its construction in durable extruded aluminum. Embrace these easy perks to keep your headphone booster (and pathway to better music) in mint condition.
A Sleek Design
Combining leading-edge technology with urbane style, the MHA50 features a chic glass panel to enhance both your volume control and desire for an attractive design. Modeling after the knobs found in the classic controls found of McIntosh amplifiers, your headphone booster is the latest in a lineage of attractive sound engineering.
Four USB Cables Included
To further enhance your earphone amplifier, McIntosh includes four distinct USB cables to connect you to various devices. Connect to Apple and Android devices, as well as Mac and Windows PCs. For almost any device, McIntosh has a headphone booster cable to perfect their sound.
- Headphone power output: 200mW
- Headphone output impedance: 8 - 600 ohms
- Rated power band: 20Hz to 20kHz
- Total harmonic distortion: 0.005%
- Frequency response: +0, -0.5dB from 20Hz to 50kHz
- Signal-to-noise ratio: 105dB
- Pre-amplifier output: 1.8V
- Headphone output: 3.5mm with Headphone Crossfeed Director
- Digital USB input: 2 (1 type A, 1 micro B)
- Wireless input: Bluetooth 4.1 A2DP with aptX
- Source support: Apple iOS, Android OTG, MacOS, Windows OS devices
- Digital USB input sample rate: PCM 16-bit, 24-bit, 32-bit to 192kHz, DSD64, DSD128, DXD352.8, DXD384
- Vacuum tube or solid state: Solid state
- Power requirement: 5V DC, 0.7A
- Battery playback life: Up to 6 hours with Bluetooth connection; even longer with wired connections
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 2.7" x 6.1" x 0.6"
- Weight: 0.5 lbs.
What's in the Box
What's in the Box:
- MHA50 Portable Decoding Amplifier
- Leather carrying case
- Lighting to USB-A cable
- USB micro-B to USB-A cable
- USB micro-B to USB micro-B cable
- Wall-mount charger with USA plug and adapter for Europe and Japan