McIntosh MT5 Precision Turntable Overview
Listen to vinyl the way it was intended with the state-of-the art MT5 Precision Turntable. Each piece comes together to meet the McIntosh standard of sound and performance. The precision tone arm and high-input moving coil cartridge tracks records with a minimal amount of friction keeping your records in pristine shape. The MT5 is an LP player committed to treating vinyl the way it deserves, equipped with magnetic antiskating technology. Through the channels of the MT5, fine chassis materials suppress the coloration of your record and deliver top-notch audio quality to your ears. McIntosh has put together a stylish and efficient way to get classic recording studio quality music in the comfort of your home. It’s not one feature, but a family of McIntosh innovative parts that work together to create one cutting-edge turntable.
- Semi-automatic mechanism on turntable grants you greater control over your record
- Playback speeds of 33 1/3, 45 and 78 rpm
- Moving coil, high-output cartridge included
- Frequency response of 20Hz to 50kHz
- Channel separation of 35dB at 1kHz
- Precision belt drive minimizes distracting internal noises in your record player
- Chassis material foundation suppresses coloration of sound
- Magnetic platter bearings provide a stable vinyl listening experience
- Dimensions: 7.5" H x 17.5" W x 19" D
- Weight: 31.5 lbs.
- Warranty: 3 Years - World Wide Stereo is an authorized dealer for every brand we sell
- World Wide Stereo 60-day guarantee and expert product support
Crisp, Classic, Low-Coloration Sound
The MT5 uses sound innovation and high-tech features in order to deliver professional-grade music through this unique and eye-catching turntable. Carefully crafted to produce a smoother class of sound, the MT5 is set to eliminate ugly vibrations so you’ll gain a better appreciation for clear and crisp sounds. Hear smoother and sweeter notes with McIntosh’s precision tone arm, a high output coil cartridge, and detailed belt drive.
A Custom High-Quality Tone Arm
Your vinyl records are an important investment, take care of them with the graceful touch of McIntosh’s customized tone arm and the matching moving coil. In a few easy steps, you’ll watch as your turntable flourishes under MT5’s careful touch in high-quality sound needle engineering.
Innovative Magnetic Grounding
Never skip a beat with some help from McIntosh’s anti-skate force technology. Your record stays firmly put as this vinyl player has a grip that lasts for hours of play. Whether you’re playing a well-used track or a brand-new vinyl, the magnetic hold will keep your record collection secure and in-place for a clean sound that doesn't cut in and out.
Precision Belt Drive
An upgraded belt drive spins your records with greater precision and security. The careful construction provides a quieter, more pleasurable rotation for your record, so all that’s heard is the music. Overcome the troublesome grooves and distortions of the more typical LP player with this powerful sound design update.
Easy Amp Compatibility
The MT5 turntable will integrate perfectly with the rest of your home audio system. The device offers perfect compatibility with any McIntosh preamplifier, so you’ll achieve a greater experience in synchronized sound the next time you play a record. Complete your two-channel stereo system with this easy and accessible piece.
Simple Set Up
Play your soundtracks without hassle thanks to the careful craftsmanship of your turntable base. Backed by magnetic technology and intuitive controls, your record player offers quick and easy steps towards better home audio performance.
A Stylish for your Home Collection
The MT5 makes for a subtle but striking addition to any living space or media room. Made from premium materials, you’ll find yourself consistently impressed by the polished and timeless appeal of this turntable. The magnetically suspended platter glows an eye-catching green making it a statement piece in your home that's sure to invite intrigue and comments from guests.
Moreover, every MT5 vinyl player comes with a complementary form-fitting dust cover. It’s a simple but important way to keep your record turntable in brilliant condition.
- Cartridge Type: Moving Coil, High Output
- Output Level: 2.5 mV at 5 cm/s
- Load Impedance: 1000 Ohms recommended (Preamp MC Input)
- Frequency Response: 20Hz to 50kHz
- Channel Separation: 35dB at 1kHz
- Compliance: 15 x 10-6 cm/dyne
- Recommended Tracking Force: 2.0 g
- Channel Difference: Less than 0.5 dB at 1kHz
- Total Mass: 6.3 g
- Stylus: Elliptical Diamond
- Cantilever Material: Aluminum
- Bearing: Magnetic Sapphire and Ceramic
- Arm Tube: Dural-Aluminum
- Counterweight: Eccentric
- Adjustments: Magnetic
- Playback Speeds: 33 1/3, 45 and 78 rpm
- Motor Type: DC Motor with Stainless Steel Brushes
- Speed Control: Servo System
- Platter: Silicon Acrylic
- Platter Bearing: Magnetic Suspended Ceramic
- Stereo Outputs Unbalanced: 1
- Power Control Input: Yes
- Power Control Output: Yes
- Platter Light: Yes
- Speed Control Fine Adjustment: Yes
Weights & Dimensions
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 17-1/2" (44.45cm) x 7" (17.8cm) (7-1/2" (19.0cm) with dust cover) x 19" (48.26cm)
- Note: Tone Arm Height will vary depending on the type of Cartridge installed.
- Weight: 31.5 lbs (14.3 kg)