McIntosh MCD350 2-Channel SACD/CD Player Overview
The McIntosh MCD350 2-Channel SACD/CD Player is not your typical disc player. This high performance multi-disc CD player features everything you need for hours of music listening. The MCD350 makes use of a cutting-edge eight-channel, 32 bit, 192 kHz PCM/DSD digital analog converter (DAC), featuring a wide dynamic range and very little distortion. This stereo CD player also has a 2x read speed, ensuring each CD/DVD placed in its durable aluminum die-cast tray is read at the highest possible speed, allowing the contents to be kept in a buffer memory for superior error correction and tracking. The CD player features a twin laser optical pickup that uses a separate objective lens with dual laser units, each using different wave-lengths that are designed for SACD and CD playback.
- Single disc SACD/CD player
- Fixed output level: 2.0 Vrms unbalanced, 4.0 Vrms balanced
- Audiophile grade CD and SACD playback
- Several digital inputs on CD changer including 1 coax, 1 optical, 1 fixed output and rear panel IR input
- Impedance: 600 Ohms unbalanced and balanced
- Frequency response: 4 Hz to 40 kHz, +0.5, -2 dB (SACD); 4 Hz to 20 kHz, ±0.5 dB (CD)
- 2-channel, 32-bit, 192 kHz Digital to Analog Converter(DAC) used in Stereo Balanced Mode for wide dynamic range and low distortion
- Disc formats: CD, SACD, MP3 and WMA
- Ridged, aluminum die-cast disc tray for faster, quieter, accurate operation
- 2x read speed for better tracking and error correction
- Ultra-high end gold-plated digital coax outputs for superior corrosion resistance
- Product Dimensions: 17.5" W x 6" H x 19" D
- Product Weight: 28 lbs.
- Warranty: 1 Year - World Wide Stereo is an authorized dealer for every brand we sell
- World Wide Stereo 60-day guarantee and expert product support
Streamlined Audio Experience
The MCD350 2-Channel SACD/CD Player is designed for the audio lover who appreciated great sound and a user-friendly experience. This home CD player offers an incredibly balanced two-channel, 32-bit/192 kHz DAC and 2x disc read speed that places CD/DVD data in a buffer memory for enhanced error correction and tracking. The MCD350 turns your CD and DVD collection into an unmatched sonic experience, in which the music suddenly comes to life and you discover sounds and details you’ve never heard before.
This CD player and recorder also offers both balanced and unbalanced options such as a coax and optical output for those who choose to send the digital audio signal to an external DAC, preamplifier or home audio processor. Additionally, each analog, including the digital coax outputs, is gold-plated and resistant to corrosion.
McIntosh has been crafting high-end audio technology for seven decades. Like every product, the MCD350 is built in the New York-based factory that McIntosh has used for over 60 years. Renowned and respected around the world, these products continue to set the standard for cutting-edge performance, unmatched sound and long-term durability. This particular home CD player is an example of McIntosh’s ingenuity, craftsmanship, originality and service.
Today, assembling shortcuts and outsourcing is more common than ever. The MCD350 takes an uncompromising approach marked by hands-on craftsmanship, audio expertise and a relentless passion for offering the best sound experience possible. These notable characteristics set the product apart. While most home CD players try to copy the competition, the MCD350 2-Channel SACD/CD Player leads through sheer innovation.
The MCD350 excels over the competition with a twin-laser optical drive featuring a single objective lens that gathers information with extreme precision. The separate laser parts are dedicated to both SACD and CD playback, making the multi disc CD player a double threat regardless of which format you choose. The additional rigid, aluminum die-cast tray ensures uncompromising stability, vibration-resistant control and quiet function.
The stereo CD player also features both balanced and unbalanced fixed analog outputs, a coaxial output and an optical output. Each of these components is finished with gold for ultimate conductivity. This is complemented by a durable, sturdy, statement making, partially polished stainless-steel chassis. Finally, the CD player features McIntosh's trademark look — a black glass front panel with an illuminated design and aluminum end caps. The design as well as the engineering are crafted with precision and made to provide years of audio enjoyment.
- Number of channels: 2
- Fixed output level
- 2.0Vrms unbalanced
- 4.0Vrms balanced
- Output impedance: 600 ohms unbalanced and balanced
- Frequency response
- 4Hz to 40kHz, +0.5, -2dB (SACD)
- 4Hz to 20kHz, ±0.5dB (CD)
- Signal-to-noise ratio: Better than 108dB (A-weighted)
- Dynamic range: Better than 100dB
- Total harmonic distortion
- 0.003% @ 1000Hz (SACD)
- 0.002% @ 1000Hz (CD)
- Channel separation: Better than 98dB (1,000Hz)
- Balanced fixed output: 1
- Unbalanced fixed output: 1
- Digital coaxial output: 1
- Digital optical output: 1
- Digital-to-analog converter (DAC) type: 2-channel, 32-bit/192kHz PCM/DSD
- Digital output sample rate: Up to 24-bit/192kHz
- Digital optical output: -15dbm to -21dbm
- Digital coaxial output: 0.5V p-p/75 ohms
- Rear panel IR sensor input: 1
- Rear panel data input: 1
- Power control input: 1
- Power control output: 1
- Disc formats: CD, SACD, MP3, and WMA
- Disc capacity: 1
- Laser type: Twin beam
- Laser beam wavelength
- 650nm (SACD)
- 790nm (CD)
- Laser power: Class lla/Class I
- Standby power requirement: <0.5W
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 17 1/2" x 6" x 19"
- Weight: 28 lbs.
What's in the Box
What's in the Box:
- MCD350 2-Channel SACD/CD Player