Bring the life back to your home theater system with the McIntosh Labs MC8207 7-Channel Power Amplifier. At 200 watts per channel, your home theater's speakers will be safely put to the test. It uses a Dynamic Power Manager technology to help filter the power through the different speakers evenly, and Power Guard ensures that the power flow safely moves without fear of damaging through sound clipping.
At 200 watts per channel, the 7-channel MC8207 home theater amplifier is perfectly capable of powering all the speakers in a 7.1 channel home theater to McIntosh’s legendary standards. It features LED power output indicators instead of McIntosh's traditional blue meters. These indicators will display the amplifier’s power output just as the blue meters do but in a more understated way – making the MC8207 a perfect choice for darkened home theaters where the screen is the focal point. In addition to 7.1 theater systems, it can also be used in 5.1 home theaters with 2 channels used to power a second zone in stereo mode.
The McIntosh exclusive Dynamic Power Manager (DPM) technology enables the MC8207 to deliver its full power into both 4 and 8 ohm speakers, meaning it’s compatible with a wide variety of home theater speakers – unlike many other high current amplifiers. Just like McIntosh's other home theater amplifiers, the MC8207 does not need cooling fans, eliminating fan noise that can interfere with the delicate nuances of a movie’s soundtrack. Power Guard will prevent potential speaker damage caused by clipping and over-driving of the amplifier. Short-circuit protection is provided by Sentry Monitor that disengages the output stage before current exceeds safe operating levels and then resets automatically when operating conditions return to normal.
For the utmost in sound quality, inputs for balanced audio cables are included for all 7 channels. When used in a dual zone configuration, for your convenience there are also unbalanced inputs for the two channels used in the secondary zone.
The classic black glass front panel and custom machined brushed aluminum end caps make the MC8207 a welcome addition to any home theater. Combine it with a home theater processor? for the ultimate in home entertainment.
McIntosh Labs MC8207 Power Amplifier Specifications:
- Power Output per Channel: 200W @ 4 or 8 Ohms
- Number of Channels: 7 (can also be used as a 2-zone amplifier with 5 channels in zone A and 2 channels in zone B)
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.005%
- S/N below rated output: 112dB
- Dynamic Headroom:1.7dB
- Damping Factor: 140
- Rated Power Band: 20Hz to 20kHz
- Frequency Response +0,-0.25dB: 20Hz to 20kHz
- Frequency Response -3dB: 10Hz to 100kHz
- Remote Power Control: Yes, 7 or 5 + 2 Channel
- Multi Channel DB25 Cable: N/A
- Circuit Configuration: Push-Pull Complementary
- Circuit Design: Transistor
- Mono Bridge: No
- Mono Parallel: No
- Autoformer: No
- Meters: Yes, new style LED
- Meter Light Switch: No
- Balanced Input: Yes
- Front Panel: Glass
- Illumination: LED Fiber Optic
- Chassis Style: Inverted
- Gold Plated Binding Posts: Yes
Weights & Dimensions
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 17-1/2" (44.5cm) x 9-7/16" (23.9cm) (including feet) x 21" (53.3cm) (including front panel and cables)
- Weight: 83 lbs (37.6 kg)
- Shipping Weight: 116 lbs (52.6 kg)