McIntosh MC8207 7-Channel Power Amplifier Overview
For big, uncompromising audio in your home theater without sacrificing the balance and quality necessary for a realistic viewing experience, look no further than the McIntosh MC8207 7-Channel Power Amplifier. Designed to complement your surround sound setup while also providing powerful, high-quality audio, this stereo amplifier is sure to revitalize your love for your home theater. Featuring 200W of power over all seven channels, a lack of volume in your media room will never be an issue. As well, this amplifier features a number of protective technological safeguards to prevent overheating, audio clipping and distortion, and short circuits such as the Dynamic Power Manager, Power Guard, and Sentry Monitor. With a sleek, subtle aesthetic, the low-brightness front panel won't distract from your TV while watching movies in the dark, allowing for a truly immersive cinematic experience with unmatched sound quality.
- 200 Watts per channel at 4 or 8 Ohms
- 7 Channels for a variety of surround sound output speakers
- 7 Inputs connect home audio amplifier to a variety of audio devices
- Compatible with 4-8 Ohm loudspeakers
- Two-zone operation for multi-stereo use
- Subtle blue light behind monitors will not compromise viewing quality in darkened home theater
- Power Guard monitors input and output signals to prevent clipping and distortion
- Dynamic Power Manager matches characteristics of output signals to 4 or 8 Ohm loudspeakers to ensure optimal sound quality and efficient power transfer
- Wattmeter on front panel allows for consistent power monitoring
- Sentry monitor prevents short circuits in stereo amplifier by disabling the output if it exceeds safe levels
- Total harmonic distortion (THD): 0.005%
- Dimensions: 9.44" H x 17.5" W (including feet) x 21" D (including front panel and cables)
- Weight: 83 lbs.
- Warranty: 3 Years - World Wide Stereo is an authorized dealer for every brand we sell
- World Wide Stereo 60-day guarantee and expert product support
7 Channels of Bold, Vivid Audio
Designed as an exceptionally versatile unit, this stereo amplifier features seven channels available to connect to various speakers, woofers and tweeters to create a powerful, custom surround sound system in your home theater. With 200W of power in each channel, this home amplifier is sure to fill your media room with a sonic wave, immersing you in whatever action is on screen. Ideal for 7:1 ratio sound systems, it's designed to balance the audio of multiple speakers to ensure the heavy bass and delicate high end audio is in perfect harmony. As a result, you'll feel the heart-pounding bass during intense action movies while also hearing the delicate dialogue in a tense courtroom thriller.
Protective Features for Added Peace of Mind
With this home stereo amplifier, you'll never have to worry about damaging your electronics or compromising the sound quality of your home theater system. Featuring cutting-edge safety technology, this stereo is equipped with a number of fool-proof designs to protect your hardware. The Power Guard system prevents audio clipping and unwanted distortion by adjusting input levels from various media sources, resulting in absolute clarity. The Dynamic Power Manager is designed to match the output levels to the speaker system, operating at 4 or 8 Ohms, depending on the surround sound system hooked up to the amplifier. This will further reduce static and prevent your system from overheating, especially when binging TV shows or having a movie marathon.
As a bonus for techies who like having precise control over their audio, this audio amplifier includes a wattmeter, which allows you to monitor the power consumption with your own eyes, ensuring that the power limit never gets high enough to blow your speakers or compromise the quality of the sound. Finally, the sentry monitor will disengage output power if it exceeds a safe level, preventing short circuits. Feel free to plug in and crank the volume — the safety features will ensure you won't damage your hardware.
Customize Your Sound System to Fit Your Needs
With seven output slots for up to seven channels, this stereo amplifier is the ideal building block for your 7:1 system. However, the simple design also allows you to customize your speaker output to suit a variety of media needs. For instance, you can connect a 5:1 speaker system to the home theater amplifier while attaching a separate pair of speakers to operate in a second zone — something ideal for playing vinyl records, CDs, and other music in a stereo setting, rather than surround sound. For audiophiles and cinephiles alike, this versatile setup allows for ultimate customization so you can create a sound system tailored to your unique auditory needs.
Sleek, Sophisticated Appearance
Inspired by retro stereo units, this home theater amplifier features a sleek, sophisticated aesthetic that is sure to impress. The black glass front panel and custom machined brushed aluminum end caps offer a smooth feel and stylish look sure to match the decor of any home theater or media room. For film buffs, the blue LED lights behind the meters are subtle and understated, preventing them from drawing your attention while watching movies in a darkened room, preserving the cinematic experience. Perfect for audiophiles who love cinema, this stereo amplifier is designed to reflect your love of bold sound and the big screen.
McIntosh Labs MC8207 Power Amplifier Specifications:
- Power Output per Channel: 200W @ 4 or 8 Ohms
- Number of Channels: 7 (can also be used as a 2-zone amplifier with 5 channels in zone A and 2 channels in zone B)
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.005%
- S/N below rated output: 112dB
- Dynamic Headroom:1.7dB
- Damping Factor: 140
- Rated Power Band: 20Hz to 20kHz
- Frequency Response +0,-0.25dB: 20Hz to 20kHz
- Frequency Response -3dB: 10Hz to 100kHz
- Remote Power Control: Yes, 7 or 5 + 2 Channel
- Multi Channel DB25 Cable: N/A
- Circuit Configuration: Push-Pull Complementary
- Circuit Design: Transistor
- Mono Bridge: No
- Mono Parallel: No
- Autoformer: No
- Meters: Yes, new style LED
- Meter Light Switch: No
- Balanced Input: Yes
- Front Panel: Glass
- Illumination: LED Fiber Optic
- Chassis Style: Inverted
- Gold Plated Binding Posts: Yes
Weights & Dimensions
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 17-1/2" (44.5cm) x 9-7/16" (23.9cm) (including feet) x 21" (53.3cm) (including front panel and cables)
- Weight: 83 lbs (37.6 kg)
- Shipping Weight: 116 lbs (52.6 kg)