Transform your home audio system into a wireless audio system with the McIntosh MB50 Streaming Audio Player. The MB50 features DTS Play-Fi technology to give you the freedom and flexibility to wirelessly play your music at home anyway you want over your existing Wi-Fi network. While utilizing DTS Play-Fi streaming capabilities, the MB50 delivers the legendary McIntosh sound quality and performance found in our other home audio products.
To set your music free, simply connect an MB50 to your audio system and Wi-Fi network, download the Apple or Android? mobile app or Windows? desktop app and then you're ready to stream. Besides accessing your personal music library, the apps have built-in support for many leading online streaming services including Deezer, KKBox, Pandora, QQMusic, Rhapsody, SiriusXM, Songza, Spotify and TIDAL (subject to change), letting you enjoy your streaming music on any speakers in any room in your house.
Have more than one audio system in your house you’d like to stream to? No problem, just add an MB50 to each and then you can stream the same music to all systems. Or if you have multiple mobile devices with the app, you can simultaneously stream different music to each system. The MB50 with DTS Play-Fi wireless streaming puts the power of choice in your hands by removing all barriers between your music, your devices and your speakers.
Analog outputs for both balanced and unbalanced cables connect the MB50 to your system's amplifier or preamplifier; digital outputs are also included. An analog plus two digital inputs let you connect audio components such as CD players to the MB50, allowing it to act as a mini-preamp. Two Wi-Fi antennas help ensure a strong network connection for smooth playback; the MB50 can be hardwired to your network via a USB-to-Ethernet adapter (not included).
A big advantage of DTS Play-Fi compared to many other streaming options is that it provides lossless playback of up to 16-bit/48kHz files; it also has playback support for high-resolution music files up to 24-bit/192kHz. Many common audio formats are compatible with the MB50, including .mp3, .m4a, .flac and .wav files; DLNA is supported.
The classic black glass front panel, stainless steel chassis and custom machined brushed aluminum end caps make the MB50 an eye-pleasing addition to any audio system. It is sized to perfectly match McIntosh's MXA70 integrated audio system and MHA100? headphone amp (each sold separately) to make a complete streaming solution.
McIntosh Labs MB50 Streaming Audio Player Specifications:
- TOTAL HARMONIC DISTORTION: 0.005%
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE: +/-0.5dB from 20Hz to 20,000Hz
- MAXIMUM VOLTS OUT (BALANCED / UNBALANCED): 12/6 V RMS
- SIGNAL TO NOISE RATIO: 100dB
- OUTPUT IMPEDANCE: Less than 200 ohms (Unbalanced and Balanced)
- DYNAMIC RANGE: 98dB
- INPUTS UNBALANCED: 1 Stereo
- OUTPUTS UNBALANCED: 1 Stereo
- OUTPUTS BALANCED: 1 Stereo
- DIGITAL COAXIAL INPUT: 1
- DIGITAL COAXIAL OUTPUT: 1
- DIGITAL OPTICAL INPUT: 1
- DIGITAL OPTICAL OUTPUT: 1
- DIGITAL USB INPUT: 1 (used for firmware updates and network connection via a special adapter sold separately)
- DIGITAL USB AUDIO OUTPUT: 0
- NETWORK CONNECTION: Wireless
- DVI OUTPUT: 0
- HDMI OUTPUT: 0
- ESATA INPUT: 0
- DIGITAL INPUT FORMAT: SPDIF (PCM)
- DIGITAL INPUT SAMPLE RATE: Coaxial and Optical: 44.1kHz to 192kHz, 24-Bit
- DIGITAL OUTPUT FORMAT: SPDIF (PCM)
- DIGITAL OUTPUT SAMPLE RATE: Up to 24-Bit/192kHz
- POWER CONTROL INPUT: 1
- POWER CONTROL OUTPUT: 1
- REAR PANEL DATA INPUT: 0
- REAR PANEL IR SENSOR INPUT: 0
- DIMENSIONS (W X H X D): 11.5" (29.2cm) x 3-1/2" (8.9cm) x 15-1/2" (39.4cm)
- WEIGHT: 8.5 lbs (3.9kg)