Set up your own theater in any room of the house with this LG Ultra Short-Throw Laser 4K UHD Projector. The all-new CineBeam HU85LA can be placed a mere 7.2 inches away from any wall to create an impressive home cinema screen up to 120 inches. Plus, HU85LA's sophisticated and modern, compact design is designed to luxuriously and seamlessly blend into your home, all the way down to the powerful built-in speakers.
- Display Type: DLP
- Native Resolution: 4K UHD (3840 x 2160)*
- Screen Size: 90" ~ 120"
- Projection Image
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9/Original/4:3/Vertical Zoom/All-Direction Zoom
- Brightness: Up to 2700 lumens**
- Contrast Ratio: 2,000,000:1
- Lamp Type: Laser (B/R LD)
- Lamp Life: Up to 20,000 hrs
- Noise: 26D / 28D / 30dB(A)D
- HDCP: HDCP2.2
- Trumotion: Yes
- HDR: HDR10
- Digital Keystone Correction: Advanced Edge Adjustment (12 Point Warping)
LG SMART TV
- Premium content providers: Netflix, Youtube, Amazon, Channel Plus, Google Play Movies, FandangoNow, Spotify Music*
- Magic Remote: Yes
- App Store: Yes
- Web Browser: Yes (LG ThinQ + Google Assistance)
CONNECTIVITY / WIRELESS
- DTV Tuner: Yes
- DLNA: Yes
- USB: Yes
- Bluetooth (with Speaker): Yes
- Screen Share (with Miracast, WiDi supporting device): Yes
- Wireless Contents Share (with iOS, Android devices via LG TV Plus App): Yes
- Bluetooth sound out: Yes
- Built-in Speakers: 5W + 5W Stereo
- Bluetooth AV Sync Adjustment: Yes
- Digital TV Tuner: Yes
- Audio out: S/PDIF 1(Optical)
- HDMI™: 2
- USB (DivX®, MP3, Photo): 2 (USB 2.0)
- USB Type C: 1 (USB2.0, Display, Power : 5V/1A Out)
- RJ45: 1
- HID (Keyboard/Mouse/GamePad Connection Thru USB): Yes
- IP Control: Yes
- Power Supply (Voltage/Hz): 100V – 240V @ 50~60 Hz (PSU Built-in)
- Power Consumption: 350W (Max)
- Standby Mode: <0.5W
- Quick On/Off: Yes (On in 12 seconds – Off in 2 seconds)
ACCESSORIES / MANUAL
- Remote Control: 1 Magic Remote (Battery included)
- Manual: Simple Book
- Adaptor: PSU built-in
- Product (WxHxD): 26.8" x 5.0" x 13.7"
- Shipping Dimensions (WxHxD): 33.7" x 10" x 18.1"
- Weight: 26.9 lbs
- Shipping Weight: 33.3 lbs
WARRANTY / UPC
- Limited Warranty 2 Year Parts & Labor
- UPC: 7191926320 6 6
Customer Reviews for LG HU85LA Ultra Short Throw 4K UHD Laser Smart Home Theater CineBeam Projector (White)
Here is the big but. I am already on my second projector in almost a year and this one again has problems. There is a persistent vertical line in the image. First, I thought it was maybe due to faulty HDMI connections, replaced all HDMI cables to my 4k appletv, but it still happened on all kind of apps. On my replacement I started to consistently watch through apps on the projector ONLY to rule out external sources messing up the image. But around 30% of the time I still get the vertical line in streaming content as well as within app menus. The photo attached shows the vertical line in the on-projector amazon app.
My reseller is fortunately a dedicated HC shop and now again in touch with LG Switzerland. My satisfaction will completely depend on how they handle this issue.
The smaller but: webos used on this projector is not the latest version. Using internet is a pain with the cursor not being able to move as on my 2020 oled and there is no appletv app. I know this is a projector first, and I didn’t care to much about it anyway because it only has ARC and no e-ARC so if you want Dolby Atmos you need to use an external media player anyway, but it IS marketed as a projector with smart tv. That raises expectations and the smarts on this projector are very limited compared to a regular 2019/2020 oled.
So in short: if the hardware troubles are resolved indefinitely I would give this projector 4 out of 5 stars because of its convebience, versatility and great picture at this price range with deduction of of 1 star for the lack of smarts.
1. You can not cast to it.
2. No Disney plus app.
3. No YouTube tv.
4. Very stupid box stays on the screen saying "no signal detected" which ruins a beautiful screen saver.