Set up your own theater in any room of the house with this LG Ultra Short-Throw Laser 4K UHD Projector. The all-new CineBeam HU85LA can be placed a mere 7.2 inches away from any wall to create an impressive home cinema screen up to 120 inches. Plus, HU85LA's sophisticated and modern, compact design is designed to luxuriously and seamlessly blend into your home, all the way down to the powerful built-in speakers.
- Display Type: DLP
- Native Resolution: 4K UHD (3840 x 2160)*
- Screen Size: 90" ~ 120"
- Projection Image
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9/Original/4:3/Vertical Zoom/All-Direction Zoom
- Brightness: Up to 2700 lumens**
- Contrast Ratio: 2,000,000:1
- Lamp Type: Laser (B/R LD)
- Lamp Life: Up to 20,000 hrs
- Noise: 26D / 28D / 30dB(A)D
- HDCP: HDCP2.2
- Trumotion: Yes
- HDR: HDR10
- Digital Keystone Correction: Advanced Edge Adjustment (12 Point Warping)
LG SMART TV
- Premium content providers: Netflix, Youtube, Amazon, Channel Plus, Google Play Movies, FandangoNow, Spotify Music*
- Magic Remote: Yes
- App Store: Yes
- Web Browser: Yes (LG ThinQ + Google Assistance)
CONNECTIVITY / WIRELESS
- DTV Tuner: Yes
- DLNA: Yes
- USB: Yes
- Bluetooth (with Speaker): Yes
- Screen Share (with Miracast, WiDi supporting device): Yes
- Wireless Contents Share (with iOS, Android devices via LG TV Plus App): Yes
- Bluetooth sound out: Yes
- Built-in Speakers: 5W + 5W Stereo
- Bluetooth AV Sync Adjustment: Yes
- Digital TV Tuner: Yes
- Audio out: S/PDIF 1(Optical)
- HDMI™: 2
- USB (DivX®, MP3, Photo): 2 (USB 2.0)
- USB Type C: 1 (USB2.0, Display, Power : 5V/1A Out)
- RJ45: 1
- HID (Keyboard/Mouse/GamePad Connection Thru USB): Yes
- IP Control: Yes
- Power Supply (Voltage/Hz): 100V – 240V @ 50~60 Hz (PSU Built-in)
- Power Consumption: 350W (Max)
- Standby Mode: <0.5W
- Quick On/Off: Yes (On in 12 seconds – Off in 2 seconds)
ACCESSORIES / MANUAL
- Remote Control: 1 Magic Remote (Battery included)
- Manual: Simple Book
- Adaptor: PSU built-in
- Product (WxHxD): 26.8" x 5.0" x 13.7"
- Shipping Dimensions (WxHxD): 33.7" x 10" x 18.1"
- Weight: 26.9 lbs
- Shipping Weight: 33.3 lbs
WARRANTY / UPC
- Limited Warranty 2 Year Parts & Labor
- UPC: 7191926320 6 6
Customer Reviews for LG HU85LA 4K UHD Laser Smart Home Theater CineBeam Projector (White)
The dealer double confirm it's not an open box. Dealer says its not abnormal that the batter is missing. Dealer refers the package is packed in LG factory.
Dealer says this is not qualified for the exchange.
It's easy to setup, except it can be a little tricky to get perfectly symmetrical sides.
It could use another HDMI port or two, as it only has two. But that isn't a huge issue.
Everything else works well. Except I haven't been able to setup the projector with Google Assistant. LG Customer Service representative that I talked to told me that even though Google Assistant works on an iPhone, it won't be compatible with the projector and that only Android devices will work with the projector. So, apparently all of the "smart" functions of the projector won't work for us unless we have android phones. At least according to the representative I spoke with, but she also was fairly rude and disconnected the call when she could no longer answer my questions.
I called LG support and they blamed YoutubeTV (Google). I called YoutubeTV and they blamed LG...everyone passes the buck, so typical of people these days
I have 2 small complaints. First the hdmi ARC does not support eARC, which is silly because the hardware can do it and it is just LG needing to update firmware. Second, for whatever reason LG didnt use the same webOS as is on their better TVs and so disney plus is not supported or even listed in the LG marketplace. I feel like this is an issue that could be resolved and I find it an irritating oversight in a 6 thousand dollar item.
That being said, I am very happy with the projector so far. It truly looks amazing. The sound quality was fine, better than most/all TVs by a longshot. However the low end sound is a little lacking. I chose to disable the speaker and pair the projector with a 7.1.4 soundsystem and I imagine most people will want to do the same.
Is it necessary to use a cloth for the projector?