- 12-inch front-firing double-spun aluminum woofer w/2-inch voice coil
- Matched Class AB audiophile amp with 200 watts RMS (500 peak watts)
- Sealed enclosure for tight, clean bass
- Adjustable crossover frequency 25-160Hz accommodates a wide range of main speakers
- Phase adjustment from 0 to 180 degrees
- Auto on-off powers on when signal is present
- Line and low-frequency effect (LFE) inputs
- High-quality MDF cabinet in piano black gloss finish
- Dimensions: 17.7" high x 15.4" wide x 18.2" deep
- Weight: 44 lbs.
- Warranty: 5 years speaker, 2 years amplifier – World Wide Stereo is an authorized dealer for every brand we sell
- Included: World Wide Stereo 60-day guarantee and expert product support
From the heartland, from the heart
The new KLH, located in the USA’s heartland – Noblesville, Indiana – pays homage to the brand by building incredible value into every speaker. The Stratton 12, like the entire line, employs superior materials, designed with decades of engineering experience, to deliver a speaker that looks as good as it sounds, and sounds better than far more expensive competitors. As KLH’s new CEO, David Kelley, tells World Wide Stereo, the goal is to “take KLH back to its roots and founder Henry Kloss’s original mission: to build world-class loudspeakers and radios at affordable prices.”
Big driver, big bass
The Stratton 12 starts with a 12-inch driver, whose cone is formed of double-spun, heat-treated aluminum surrounded by high-density butyl rubber surrounds. That means the driver is rigid enough to move without distortion, light enough to react quickly to the signal, and flexible enough to pump a lot of air.
Amped to the max
The Stratton 12 drives that woofer’s 2-inch voice coil with a Class AB switching amplifier that cleanly supplies 200 watts continuously, or 500 watts at peak power. Each explosion and every drum kick lands like a punch to the gut.
Sealed for quality
The high-density MDF cabinet is reinforced and sealed – which reduces resonances and delivers tighter, cleaner and more accurate bass, all the way down to a room-shaking 25 Hz. And that cabinet is finished in attractive, high-gloss piano black, which means you don’t have to hide it behind a sofa or stereo bench, just place it wherever it sound best.
Full range of controls
The Stratton 12 comes with two inputs – LFE, to connect to a surround receiver with a subwoofer output, and line inputs for other systems. And if you need to tune your sub to match the system, you get volume, phase and crossover frequency controls across the back panel.
A brief history of sound
Back in the 1950s and early ‘60s, a band of pioneering engineers revolutionized the audio world and led the golden age of high fidelity. Among them, possibly the most revered is Henry Kloss, the K of KLH. An inveterate tinkerer and serial entrepreneur, he started some of the most influential companies of the era and beyond, from AR and Advent to Cambridge Soundworks and Tivoli Audio. Kloss is credited with introducing influential innovations including acoustic suspension speakers, Dolby tape recorders and projection TVs. To honor his memory and dedication to the highest fidelity in every product, the revamped KLH named its new speaker line for streets on and around Kloss’ beloved Massachusetts Institute of Technology campus in Cambridge, Mass.
- Voice coil: 2"
- Front firing aluminum driver: 12"
- Sealed enclosure
- RCA and LFE inputs
- Finish: Black Piano Gloss
- Core Tech Class AB Switching Amplifier
- Power Mode Switch: Auto / On / Off
- Frequency response: 25Hz - 160Hz +/-3dB
- Amp power: 450W RMS/1000W peak power
- Impedance: 8Ω
- Voltage: 115/230
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 15" x 15" x 15.8"
- Weight: 55 lbs.
What's in the Box
What's in the Box:
- Stratton 12 Subwoofer
- Power cord