KLH Kendall Floorstanding Loudspeaker Pair Overview
One of the most hallowed nameplates in the history of home audio, KLH is back with a full line of new-design speakers – and a rededication to the company’s original mission to deliver an affordable audiophile experience to all. The Kendall 3-way tower speaker, the flagship of the new line, embodies that goal. The Kendall features custom designed drivers of durable and sonically superior Kevlar and anodized aluminum, with oversized magnets, braided tinsel leads and high-quality crossover circuitry to ensure smooth transitions among the speakers. Solid, rigid MDF internal driver chambers are braced for ultra-low resonance. The whole package is finished in real wood veneers – black oak and American walnut – and brushed-aluminum speaker faceplates that look equally elegant with or without the seamless magnetic grille attached. The new KLH is so confident, the company offers an unheard-of 10 year warranty. But just as in the original KLH, it’s all about the sound, and the Kendall transports you convincingly to concert hall or cinema at a fraction of the cost of most high-end speakers. World Wide Stereo is proud to be an inaugural dealer for the new KLH speaker line.
- Designed in USA and engineered of premium materials
- Three-way bass-reflex system
- Two 6-1/2 inch woven Kevlar bass drivers with oversized magnets
- One 5-1/4 inch Kevlar midrange driver
- 1-inch anodized aluminum tweeter
- Brushed aluminum fascia around tweeter and drivers
- Custom crossover circuitry with top-quality components
- Dense MDF internal chambers
- Port-tuning for optimized bass
- Nickel-plated five-way binding posts with bi-amp capability
- Complete with black satin MDF base, rubber feet and spikes for placement on floor or carpet
- Available in real walnut or black oak wood veneer
- Snap-on magnetic grille with no visible fasteners
- Dimensions: 40” high by 7.75” wide by 14.75” deep
- Weight: 50 lbs.
- Warranty: An exceptional 10 years – World Wide Stereo is an authorized dealer for every brand we sell
- Included: World Wide Stereo 60-day guarantee and expert product support
From the heartland, from the heart
The new KLH, located in the USA’s heartland – Noblesville, Indiana – pays homage to the brand by building incredible value into every speaker. The Kendall starts with superior materials – woven Kevlar cones with die-cast aluminum baskets, anodized aluminum domes, brushed aluminum faceplates, MDF cabinetry with real wood veneers, nickel-plated binding posts, top-quality crossover components – and adds in decades of engineering and design experience, to deliver a speaker that looks as good as it sounds, and sounds better than far more expensive competitors.
Tough, solid drivers…
Each Kendall tower begins with a pair of 6-1/2-inch Kevlar woofers, for strength and stiffness, suspended via flexible, durable butyl rubber in powder-coated, die-cast aluminum baskets with oversized magnets. A 5-1/4 inch midrange driver is similarly rugged. And the 1-inch dome tweeter is formed of anodized aluminum for crystal clarity, linear response and maximum dispersion.
…Working in perfect harmony
The individual drivers are controlled by custom crossover circuitry, built with the highest-grade components, and tied together with braided tinsel wiring, all for minimal interference among the drivers, and for maximum extension. Together, they reach deep down to 25Hz, and up beyond hearing to 23kHz, with flat frequency response (+/- 3dB) and wide soundstage.
Tuned to the room
The Kendall includes a rear bass port that can be tuned to reduce the airflow and optimize the bass response when the speakers are placed adjacent to the walls.
Got extra channels?
The nickel-plated binding posts handle your choice of speaker wire connections (banana plugs, spade lugs, posts, bare wire). And if your amp or surround receiver has a couple channels to spare, consider bi-amping the Kendalls (connections supplied to separately power the lows and highs) for ultra-clean sonic reproduction. A sturdy MDF plinth and a variety of mounting feet are included, from rubber (for bare floor) to spikes (carpeting), for optimum decoupling from the room surface.
- 2x 6.5" woven Kevlar bass drivers
- 1x 5.25" woven Kevlar mid/bass driver
- Dual 5-way binding posts
- Sensitivity: 96dB
- Frequency response: 25Hz - 23kHz +/-3dB
- Power handling: 250W
- Impedance: 8Ω
- Crossover points: 800Hz to 2.5kHz
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 40" x 7.75" x 14.75"
- Weight: 50 lbs.
What's in the Box
What's in the Box
(2) Kendall 3-Way Floorstanding Loudspeakers
Customer Reviews for KLH Kendall Floorstanding Speakers - Pair
2 months ago
6 months ago
over 2 years ago
Integrated Amp: NAD C388 150 WPC
CD Player: Cambridge Audio Azur 651C