- New 1.57-inch M-shape aluminum/magnesium dome with frameless copper voice coil
- Extended natural frequency response (5Hz-23kHz) with wide soundstaging
- Closed-back circumaural design seals out ambient noise
- Low impedance (35 ohms) and high sensitivity for best performance with a wide range of portable and home devices
- Solid-aluminum headband wrapped in leather and perforated microfiber molds securely to head shape
- 0.79-inch memory foam earpads wrapped with microfiber fabric for long-wearing comfort
- Dual 3.5mm earcup sockets with lock mechanisms
- ·Adapters for 3.5mm and ¼-inch phone plugs to connect at home or on the road
- Hard-shell carrying case
- Designed and crafted at Focal’s French workshop
- Dimensions (in carrying case): 10” (W) x 5” (H) x 9” (D)
- Weight: 0.94 lbs.
- Warranty: 5 years – World Wide Stereo is an authorized dealer for every brand we sell
- Included: World Wide Stereo 60-day guarantee and expert product support
- Type: Circum-aural closed-back headphones
- Impedance: 35 ohms
- Sensitivity: 105dB SPL/1mW @ 1kHz
- THD: 0.1% @ 1kHz/100dB SPL
- Frequency response: 5Hz - 23kHz
- Speaker driver: 1.57" M-shape aluminum/magnesium dome
- Weight: 0.94 lbs.
- Cables provided: 3.94 feet asymmetric cable (0.14" - 3.5mm TRS jack), 0.14" (3.5mm) to 0.25" (6.35mm) stereo jack adapter
- Hard-shell carry case dimensions: 10" x 9" x 5"
What's in the Box
What's in the Box:
- Elegia Audiophile Circum-Aural Closed-Back Over-Ear Headphones
- Carrying case
Customer Reviews for Focal Elegia Audiophile Circum-Aural Closed-Back Over-Ear Headphones (Black/Silver)
These are my first Focal headphones and I am impressed indeed, in terms of value, there are definitely worth the price I paid, the original price for these were $800, for that price range I would prefer the T5P
s, but that's just my preference, these definitely compete in terms of clarity, imaging and soundstage, but like I said the bass is little light, still very accurate and good, but some may find these a little too light on the lower frequencies.
And two things to note when buying these, they do need some hours of burning in and warming up before they sound they're best, I know many people don't believe in burn in, but they will sound more open, and image better, people think of burning in headphones in the wrong way, just know that for any headphone no amount of burn in will change the personality of the headphone, just enhance it's features. If a pair if headphones is V shaped, no amount of burning in will change that.
Secondly these are sensitive to the source you play them with, for example, running them on a Dacmagic 200, and to my ears they sound better with the 200 connected to my Windows PC than with my Mac. And these do scale with better sources, they love high end gear.
3 months ago
6 months ago
8 months ago
9 months ago
Customer Q & A
Have a functionality, compatibility, or otherwise product-specific question about this product? Ask it here! If you have a customer service or shipping question, please direct it to our customer service department