Focal Elegia Headphones Overview
Though Focal’s first three high-resolution headphones – Elear, Utopia and Clear – are still getting rave reviews, each is still offered as an open-back design only. But now, thanks to a breakthrough years in the making – a way to integrate premium speaker drivers into a closed back design without making any concessions on lower frequencies – Focal closes the circle with the company’s latest. With Elegia, audiophiles, musicians and engineers who depend on (and prefer) closed-back headphones can have them, sans the frequency loss so often typical in closed-back designs.
- New 1.57-inch M-shape aluminum/magnesium dome with frameless copper voice coil
- Extended natural frequency response (5Hz-23kHz) with wide soundstaging
- Closed-back circumaural design seals out ambient noise
- Low impedance (35 ohms) and high sensitivity for best performance with a wide range of portable and home devices
- Solid-aluminum headband wrapped in leather and perforated microfiber molds securely to head shape
- 0.79-inch memory foam earpads wrapped with microfiber fabric for long-wearing comfort
- Dual 3.5mm earcup sockets with lock mechanisms
- ·Adapters for 3.5mm and ¼-inch phone plugs to connect at home or on the road
- Hard-shell carrying case
- Designed and crafted at Focal’s French workshop
- Dimensions (in carrying case): 10” (W) x 5” (H) x 9” (D)
- Weight: 0.94 lbs.
- Warranty: 5 years – World Wide Stereo is an authorized dealer for every brand we sell
- Included: World Wide Stereo 60-day guarantee and expert product support
- Type: Circum-aural closed-back headphones
- Impedance: 35 ohms
- Sensitivity: 105dB SPL/1mW @ 1kHz
- THD: 0.1% @ 1kHz/100dB SPL
- Frequency response: 5Hz - 23kHz
- Speaker driver: 1.57" M-shape aluminum/magnesium dome
- Weight: 0.94 lbs.
- Cables provided: 3.94 feet asymmetric cable (0.14" - 3.5mm TRS jack), 0.14" (3.5mm) to 0.25" (6.35mm) stereo jack adapter
- Hard-shell carry case dimensions: 10" x 9" x 5"
What's in the Box
What's in the Box:
- Elegia Audiophile Circum-Aural Closed-Back Over-Ear Headphones
- Carrying case
Customer Reviews for Focal Elegia Audiophile Circum-Aural Closed-Back Over-Ear Headphones (Black/Silver)
Fortunatly,the bass is not exaggerated in these. I like the best bass that is hard and cash.The midrange is absolutely fantastic on these.They look very god as well as the carrying comfort is good.The only downside is the cable that is stiff and makes noise when you are in the cable this you hear in the headphones.Here,i think the Focal developers may come up with something better,but overall very happy with the headphones. Best regard Nils-Ivar Nilsen.
The only significant criticism, also noted by some others, is the shortness and inflexibility of the connecting lead, which can lead to some microphonic breakthrough. For home use, the ideal would be a smooth, more supple lead of 3-4m, please make that available soon!
Although I haven’t had the opportunity yet to experience other Focal products other than the two sets of cans I own, I can confidently say that I would recommend their products to anyone. Also, I have plans to purchase more from Focal’s product offerings.
please can your design team come up with a much better cable.
the reason for 4 star rating is purely down to the cable, otherwise it would be 5 star.