- 2-way coaxial speaker kit comprised of tweeters and 6-1/2” woofers
- Kevlar sandwich woofer cones for clean mid-range and dynamic mid-bass performance
- Aramid fiber “M”-shaped inverted dome tweeters for exquisite highs and excellent sound dispersion
- Tuned Mass Damper (TMD®) rubber surround to minimize distortion
- 4-ohm impedance
- Up to 80 watts of continuous power handling
- Peak power handling: 160 watts
- Frequency response range: 60Hz – 22kHz
- Sensitivity: 93dB
- Top-mount depth: 2-15/16”
- Grilles included
- Warranty: 1 year (World Wide Stereo is an authorized dealer for all brands we sell)
Superior Sound from a Coaxial Speaker Chassis
Most people think that component speakers have better fidelity than coaxial speakers. The EC 165 K kit from Focal has those people reevaluating that belief. The 6-1/2” 2-way K2 Power coaxial kit is comprised of some of the finest materials available to produce some really incredible sound.
Sandwiched Kevlar Woofer Cones and TMD® Surrounds
You might be familiar with Kevlar: it’s used in bulletproof vests, racing sails, bicycle tires, and many other things. It’s 5 times strong than steel, but quite light. It’s no wonder Focal turned to this material to use as woofer cones for their K2 Power line of speakers. Sandwiched between to ultra-thin layers of glass fiber, the Kevlar woofers are extremely musically accurate and a joy to listen to. To help minimize distortion, Tuned Mass Damper (TMD®) rubber surrounds are used to keep the woofers firing cleanly and accurately.
“M”-Shaped Woven Aramid Fiber Tweeters
The tweeters found in the EC 165 K are just as unique as the woofers: they are a testament to Focal’s sound engineers unwilling to compromise on their quest to achieve perfection. The tweeters reproduce high-frequency response with stunning clarity without sounding “harsh” thanks to the woven aramid fiber design. The sound is less directional than tweeters from other manufacturers thanks to the “M”-shaped inverted dome tweeter that Focal employs that is capable of wider dispersion.
Allow Us to Suggest…
To properly power these speakers (assuming you are using just a pair of EC 165 K speakers in your setup), we would recommend a 2-channel amplifier that is stable at 4 ohms. Ideally, the power output of this amplifier at 4 ohms would fall around 80 watts.
The next thing we would suggest is to use a Dynamat Xtreme door kit to provide sound insulation. In doing so, you’ll receive better mid-bass performance as well as help reduce incoming road noise through your vehicle’s thin metal doors so you can better hear your new speakers. There is enough Dynamat Xtreme material in this kit to provide sound insulation for a pair of doors.
- Diameter: 6-1/2" (165mm)
- Voice Coil Diameter: 1" (25mm)
- Voice Coil Height: 9/16" (15mm)
- Motor: Magnet
- Tweeter: TKM ("M" profile aramid fiber inverted dome)
- Cone: Composite K2 Power "W" sandwich cone
- Surround: Tuned Mass Damper (TMD)
- Max Power: 160W
- Nominal Power: 80W
- Sensitivity (2.83/1m): 93dB
- Frequency Response: 60Hz - 22kHz
- Impedance: 4 ohms
- Grilles: supplied grilles
What's in the Box
What's in the Box:
- One pair of EC 165 K speakers
- One pair of grilles w/ rings
- One pair of gaskets
- Mounting hardware
- Owner's manual