Focal Aria 906 2-Way Bass Reflex Bookshelf Speakers Overview
If you crave refined, high-end acoustics then Focal Aria 906 2-Way Bass Reflex Bookshelf Speakers will be to your liking. This two-way loudspeaker features innovative design elements that bring out natural acoustic sound without distortion. For an impressive listening experience, the speakers are fitted with innovative Flax Cone drivers for rich audio reproduction. These drivers are made of high-quality flax fiber, which makes for tighter bass and improved dynamics. The tweeter is suspended between the dome and the bracket with a proprietary material called Poron. The result in a soft treble sound that reduces distortion at frequencies sensitive to the human ear. With a simply timeless design, the stylish speakers come in a walnut finish with a leather-finished front panel. Ideal for rooms measuring 160 sq. ft., these high-end bookshelf speakers are recommended from a listening distance of 8 ft.
- Frequency response: 55 Hz to 28 kHz ± 3dB
- Low frequency point (-6 dB): 37 Hz
- Impedance: 8 Ohms nominal, 4.6 Ohms minimum
- 2-way bass-reflex bookshelf speakers with front-ported design
- Ultra-rigid MDF construction and non-parallel side panels for minimal vibration
- Lightweight 6.5" flax base midrange cones for richness of reproduction and tighter bass
- Flax cones are made exclusively by Focal in France and offer exceptional acoustic performance
- 1" TNF Aluminum/Magnesium inverted dome tweeter with Poron suspension delivers stable, improved sound clarity and a softer treble
- Handsome walnut finish and leather-finished body for a clean, timeless design that blends seamlessly with décor
- Aluminum alloy base with integrated adjustable spikes for superior stability
- Ideal for use in rooms from 215 sq. ft. and from a listening distance of 10'
- Product dimensions: 15.38" H x 8.88" W x 11.03" D
- Product weight: 19 lbs.
- Warranty: 5 Years (World Wide Stereo is an authorized dealer for all brands we sell)
Exclusive Flax Sandwich Cones
Focal Aria 906 2-Way Bass Reflex Bookshelf Speakers feature drivers with Flax Sandwich Cones. These cones are composed of natural flax fiber in a sandwich structure for a natural sound with low coloration. Flax fiber has low elasticity and high flexural rigidity. In these bookshelf speakers, the flax is enclosed between two sheets of glass fiber creating a remarkably stiff substance that helps damping and velocity, all qualities needed in a midrange speaker.
The flax cone is made exclusively by Focal in France. It's twice as light as fiberglass because the fiber is hollow. This is a key element in overall sound quality because the cone makes vibrations in response to the signal from the amplifier inside the speakers.
Innovative Tweeter Delivers a Soft Treble
Technological innovations continue with the excellent aluminum/magnesium tweeter in the Aria 906. The TNF tweeter by Focal is a marvel of engineering. The dome and its bracket are suspended using a special material, called Poron, that remembers its shape. This suspension method reduces distortion in the bookshelf speakers by a factor of three at the frequencies that the human ear is the most sensitive. This advancement increases the range of sounds that come through clearer, expanding your audio enjoyment.
The other creative benefit with the Focal TNF tweeter is the inverted dome which creates spatial advantages. The bookshelf speaker’s engineering creates very low directivity and improves frequency response compared to conventional domes. This ensures the sound is stable and gives more flexibility when positioning the speakers in your home.
Elegant, Timeless Design
These bookshelf speakers are packed with innovative technology on the inside, encased in a sleek, clean-looking cabinet. With their walnut finish and unique leather-finished front panel, these speakers make a stunning addition to any room. Focal developed these loudspeakers to operate as both stereo and home cinema equipment with a look is ideal for both traditional and more contemporary interiors. Functional as well as stylish, the cabinet's magnetic cloth frame and ultra-rigid MDF construction result in neutrality and very little vibration.
Focal Aria 906 2-Way Bass Reflex Bookshelf Speakers are designed for high quality at low frequencies. Bass reflex systems increase the efficiency of the speakers by enhancing the reproduction of sound at the lowest frequencies. The vented cabinet reduces distortion and stabilizes the Flax sandwich cones, helping to reach those deep bass frequencies.
- Type: Two-way bass-reflex floorstanding loudspeaker
- Speaker drivers
- 6 1/2" Flax bass - midrange
- 1" Al/Mg TNF inverted dome tweeter
- Frequency response (+/-3dB): 55Hz - 28kHz
- Low frequency point (-6dB): 47Hz
- Sensitivity (2.83V/1m): 89.5dB
- Nominal impedance: 8 ohms
- Minimum impedance: 4.6 ohms
- Recommended amplifier power: 25 - 120W
- Crossover frequency: 2800Hz
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 15 3/8" x 8 7/8" x 11 1/32"
- Weight: 19 lbs.
What's in the Box
What's in the Box:
- Aria 906 2-Way Bass Reflex Bookshelf Speakers - Pair