Another Phantom revolution in a nomadic size
Compact yet immense. Phantom II 98 dB is a feat of sound engineering, delivering unreasonable power. The only ultra-compact home sound system capable of delivering high fidelity and physical impact, whatever volume you listen to.
From Revolution to Reference
Phantom embodies the vision Devialet has been working towards elevating sound to its rightful place in our lives, providing audiences around the world with a uniquely intricate and moving listening experience. Phantom has been revolutionizing the speaker game since its release and has gone on to become a reference for acoustic excellence. By combining a series of radical patented technologies, Phantom consistently shatters expectations, at every step of the sound reproduction chain. Zero distortion, zero saturation, zero background noise.
Whether you’re used to Bluetooth or Wi-Fi, optical or analog, Phantom's open architecture lets you get straight to the music you love.
- AirPlay 2®: Apple users can enjoy an additional layer of control over their Phantom with AirPlay 2®. Create a custom multiroom set-up by directly streaming audio from the control device (iPhone or iPad) to numerous AirPlay 2®-connected speakers, including Phantom
- Spotify Connect: Spotify users can stream their favorite playlists on their favorite speaker with the help of Spotify Connect. All that's needed? The app and a Wi-Fi connection
- Roon Ready: In addition to UPnP and the analog/optical input, Phantom owners are able to enjoy 24-bit-sample-rate music using Roon's streaming protocol. Phantom connects to Roon seamlessly, without any configuration steps, allowing users to enjoy the perfect hi-res sound with ease
- UPnP: With Universal Plug and Play, or UPnP, users can switch to a third-party application to play music hosted on their local networks. In other words, with the help of a UPnP controller application, Phantom is able to communicate with an external hard drive
Expand Your Horizons
The only thing better than a Phantom? Two. In stereo, Phantom's soundstage expands even further and listening takes on a new dimension as the speakers dance in absolute synchronicity. More extreme, more powerful, more exhilarating. It is an unthinkably immersive experience. When combined, Phantoms become the most compact high-end stereo system on the market. Hint: stand in the middle and you'll feel like you're center stage. Really.
Your Music, Where You Want It
Sync your entire home in symphony or stream something different in every room thanks to your Devialet App. With Multiroom, there are now even more ways to play:
- Multi-Zone Play lets you group any Phantoms and feel the sound sing throughout your space
- Single-Zone Play lets you mix and match your Phantoms in a single space for a next-level sound experience
- Individual Play lets you have jazz playing in the kitchen while a podcast is being devoured on the couch. And everyone can control their own volume and manage zones right from the Devialet App
The Devialet App: Your Sound, Your Way
Power this unreasonable requires some control. Set up your Phantom, finetune your settings, and stay up to date, all via the Devialet App. An intuitive companion, the app lets you customize your Phantom experience: setting up your Phantom, adjusting latency for A/V, activating Standby Mode, or customizing bass for Night Mode.
Devialet thrives on end-to-end innovation (hardware, software, design inside and out, manufacturing) to offer ever-enhanced acoustics. In fact, to create Phantom, Devialet even built its own plant, hired talent that was used to unique challenges in other industries, and conceived its own robotics and quality control. 200+ patents and 90+ awards later, Phantom speakers are, more than ever, in a class of their own.
A Clear Path
Phantom includes Devialet's powerful next-generation audio processing chip which helps deliver improved sound quality. Phantom's signal processing and amplification performance are embedded in an SoC (System on a chip), which was custom designed for optimal integration. The results? Enhanced heat dissipation for optimal performance at any volume, better energy efficiency, and barely measurable distortion, saturation, or noise.
The Best of Both Worlds
ADH®, or Analog Digital Hybrid, is Devialet's signature patented technology. In a truly groundbreaking feat, an analog amplifier teams up with four digital amplifiers. Working in parallel, the analog amplifier reproduces an unspoiled signal and sends it to the digital amplifiers, which are able to translate it digitally. In other words, ADH® combines the sophistication of analog with the power and miniaturization of digital for the first time. It has been called revolutionary. We're happy with "the best of both worlds.
Welcome to the Deep End
Developed exclusively for Phantom, HBI®, or Heart Bass Implosion, lets you feel infra bass frequencies —all the way down to 14Hz. Engineered to perform under extreme constraints, Phantom’s hermetically sealed architecture consists of two lateral woofers. When cued, they begin to dance in sync, creating opposing forces that cancel out even the slightest vibrations and generate ultra-dense sound, the kind your bones perceive before your ears. That's why you feel immersed in Phantom: because you are, from head to toe.
As the Artist Intended
SAM®, or Speaker Active Matching, is a software algorithm designed to deliver extreme fidelity throughout playback while protecting your speaker. Whether you are dealing with transient or steady-state signals, SAM® is able to process more information than previously thought possible. This enables Phantom to reproduce the exact tempo of your music, at all frequencies. All of it, with absolute precision. So that you can experience every last emotion, just as the artist intended.
Phantom's elegant curves are guided by acoustics over design. Inspired by Harry Ferdinand Olson's pulsating sphere principle, Phantom's ACE®, or Active Cospherical Engine, radically optimizes the way sound waves form and travel. Instead of projecting in the classic 180° arc-like traditional box speakers, Phantom achieves a 360° sound stage, emitting evenly and in all directions for perfectly balanced sound and zero surface diffraction. Whatever the listening angle.
- Maximum Sound Level: 98 dB SPL at 1 meter
- Amplification Power: 400 Watts RMS
- Amplification Performance: THD+N: 0.0001%
- Frequency Response: 18Hz to 21kHz (@ 6dB)
- Accuracy in Frequency Response: ± 1dB from 25Hz to 20kHz
- Exclusive Technologies: ADH®, SAM2®, HBI2®, EVO®, ACE2®
- 1x Aluminum Full-Range driver
- 2x Aluminum Bass drivers
- Digital-to-Analog Converter: Devialet DAC embedded in Devialet intelligence processor
- THD: -112dB
- Operating System: Devialet Operating System 2 (DOS 2) up to 24bits/48kHz
- Processor: ARM Cortex-A9 1.25GHz processor 512MB DDR3-1600 memory
- Composite body
- Internal skin: glass fiber filled polycarbonate incorporating a metal insert providing additional rigidity
- External skin: polished ABS
- Aluminum central core
- Side Plating:
- Body: white RAL 9016
- White matte stainless steel sides
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 8.62" x 6.18" x 6.61"
- Weight: 9.48lbs
- Total Volume: 3L
- Power Supply: IEC 90-240V ~ 50/60Hz
- Power Consumption: 130W (at full power), 0.5W (in standby)
- Synchronization: Stereo pairing via Devialet App
- App: Devialet App (iOS, Android)
- Spotify Connect
- Bluetooth: A2DP and AVRCP profiles, AAC, SBC audio codecs
- Roon Ready (Hi-Res: 24bits/48kHz)
- UPnP Renderer (Hi-Res: 24bits/48kHz)
- Analog/Optical jack input (Hi-Res: 24bits/48kHz)
- Audio Formats: HE-AAC (V1), AAC (16 to 320 kbit/s), WMA (16 bit), MP3 (16 to 320 kbit/s), MP3 VBR, Apple Lossless, AIFF and WAV, FLAC, OGG, VORBIS
- Touch-sensitive Controls: Yes
- Wi-Fi Dual-band (a/b/g/n 2.4 GHz & 5 GHz)
- Ethernet RJ-45 10/100/1000 Mbps (Gigabit)
- CPL Homeplug AV2
What's in the Box
What's in the Box
- Phantom II Speaker
- Power Cord
- User Manual