Cambridge Audio Solo Phono Preamplifier Overview
For rich, warm audio from your favorite vinyl records, look no further than the Cambridge Audio Solo Moving Magnet Phono Preamplifier. This moving magnet (MM) turntable preamp boosts the power of the audio signal without adding unwanted noise and distortion. The balance control helps ensure a balanced sound between the left and right channels, resulting in a smooth stereo sound that feels realistic and lifelike. Ideal for vintage vinyl, this record player preamp features a subsonic filter to help eliminate low frequency vibrations that cause more distortion, which is common in used and aged records. The front-facing interface makes it easy and convenient to use, while also providing added accessibility to your cables and connections. Finally, the switch power supply mode switches outside of audible frequency ranges to reduce the natural hum of the signal, resulting in improved signal quality before it is amplified. Whether or not your vinyl is in pristine condition, this turntable preamp is sure to enhance its play.
- Phono preamp compatible with moving magnet (MM) cartridges
- Switch mode power supply switches audio outside of audible frequency to reduce hum and noise
- Subsonic filter of turntable preamp helps eliminate low frequency rumbles on vintage vinyl
- Balance control negates cartridge imbalances that cause a difference between right and left channels for improved audio accuracy
- Signal to noise ratio grounded inputs Ref, 1V output (20Hz - 20kHz BW): >90 dB
- Input impedance 47k Ohms
- Front-facing interface for added accessibility and convenience
- Minimal power consumption and automatic power-down when not in use
- Dimensions: 1.9" H x 6.9" W x 5.2" D
- Weight: 1.5 lbs.
- Warranty: 1 Year – World Wide Stereo is an authorized dealer for every brand we sell
- World Wide Stereo 60-day guarantee and expert product support
Embrace the Vinyl Revival
From your vintage vinyl collection to your favorite new albums, the Cambridge Audio Solo Moving Magnet Phono Preamplifier lets you enjoy all of your music with crisp clarity and superb depth. Vinyl records are a romantic medium for music consumption, as they require active listening. Albums are generally played in full, respecting the integrity of the music and showcasing it in exactly the way the artist intended. With that in mind, hearing your favorite albums with exceptional audio quality is crucial. This moving magnet phono preamp is designed to preserve the warm, crackling sound of vinyl and keep the signal clean for amplification.
Boost Your Signal
Many Hi-Fi sound systems cannot connect directly to turntables, resulting in muted sound and minimal volume. This turntable preamp boosts the signal, allowing the power amplifier to increase the volume without compromising the quality of the audio. The resulting sound is warm and vibrant, which is exactly how your vinyl deserves to be heard. It can be played at high volumes and through a variety of Hi-Fi sound systems without being compromised by unwanted noise and distortion.
Big Sound, Less Distortion
This phono preamp embraces the imperfections in vinyl without letting them compromise the audio signal. Its balance control gives your moving magnet cartridge exceptional sound balance, ensuring the left and right channels are optimized for exceptional playback quality. The switch mode power supply on this record player preamp switches outside of audible frequencies, which reduces the hum and noise that causes distortion. These sounds are minimized early in the signal, so your vinyl sounds crisp and clear when it is amplified, and you never have to worry about unwanted noise and distortion.
Impressive Sound with Superb Detail
Most vinyl collections see some wear-and-tear over the years, and the sound quality of each record can be compromised as time goes on. Designed to accommodate vintage and used vinyl, this turntable preamp features a subsonic filter that helps eliminate low frequency rumbles caused by imperfections in the vinyl. From scratches and scrapes to dust and debris, the filter on this phono preamp helps preserve the quality of your audio, despite minor defects in the record. This results in detailed audio free of distortion, humming, and unwanted noise.
Simple, Convenient Design
This turntable preamp is designed with a front-facing interface, which offers you full access to the inputs and controls so you can swap out cords and cables with ease. As well, the eco-friendly design is equipped with an auto power down feature, which automatically shuts off the record player preamp after 20 minutes without use. Not only does this cut down on its power consumption, but it is an eco-friendly feature sure to impress.
- Maximum power consumption: 10W
- Gain @ 1kHz: 39dB
- Nominal output: 300mV
- Sensitivity for nominal output: 3.35mV
- Equivalent input noise (A-weighted): ~0.09uV
- RIAA curve accuracy: +/-0.65dB 30Hz - 20kHz
- Signal to noise ratio grounded inputs Ref, 1V output (20Hz - 20kHz BW): >90dB
- THD + N 1kHz (20 - 20kHz BW): <0.0025%
- Input impedance: 47k-ohms
- Input capacitance: 100pF
- Overload margin: >30dB
- Crosstalk @10kHz: 85dB
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 1.9" x 6.9" x 5.2"
- Weight: 1.5 lbs.
What's in the Box
What's in the Box:
- Solo Moving Magnet Phono Preamplifier
- Instruction booklet
Customer Reviews for Cambridge Audio Solo Moving Magnet Phono Preamplifier
With my newer home entertainment system, there is no place to plug a phono. So between this and my reconnecting with vinyl I believe I made a great choice.
This thing sounds amazing. Clear bass, mids, and highs. What else could you ask for. Overall, the sound is rich and full.