- Digital-to-Analog Converters: Dual ESS ES9028Q2M DACs
- Digital Filter: Selectable, fast – slow – short delay
- Frequency Response: 10hz to 50khz (±1db)
- THD+N @ 1kHZ 0DBFS: <0.0005% (a-weighted)
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: >115db (a-weighted)
- Crosstalk @ 10kHZ: < -110db
- Output Impedance: <50 ohms (unbal), <100 ohm (ball)
- Max. Output level (unbalanced): 2.1v rms (fixed or variable – user selectable)
- Max. Output level (balanced): 4.2v rms (fixed or variable – user selectable)
- Digital input word widths supported: 16bit (bluetooth), 16-24bit (optical, coaxial), 16-32bit (USB)
- Digital input sampling frequencies supported: 44.1khz to 96khz pcm, dop64 (optical), 44.1khz to 192khz pcm, dop64 (coaxial), 44.1khz to 768khz pcm, native dsd 64x to 512x, dop 64x to 256x (USB)
- MQA Compatibility: Full decoding (core + renderer)
- Bluetooth: V4.2, a2dp profile, sbc and aptx codecs
- Headphone Output THD+N: < 0.001% at 1khz 0dbfs @ 100mw into 32ohm
- Headphone output s/n: > 115db (a-weighted)
- Max output power: >300mw @ 32ohm, >65mw @ 150ohm
- Frequency response: 10hz - 50khz (±1db)
- Recommend headphone impedance: 10 ohm to 600 ohm
- Max power consumption: 12w
- Color: Lunar grey
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 8.6" x 2" x 7.6”
- Weight: 2.6lbs
What's in the Box
What's in the Box
- DacMagic 200M Digital-to-Audio Converter and Preamplifier with Bluetooth aptX (Lunar Grey)
- 12V Power Supply
- Bluetooth Antenna
- Quick Start Guide
- Safety Instructions
Customer Reviews for Cambridge Audio DacMagic 200M Digital-to-Audio Converter and Preamplifier with Bluetooth aptX (Lunar Grey)
Performance wise the DacMagic is a winner great sound quality from all inputs, BT worked great with the best Bluetooth performance I ever had.
Cd and SACD also excellent.
The only problem is the unit does not play well with optical out from an LG tv, this is not DacMagic issue but one with LG tv the audio drop outs occurred with other Dacs also connected to the new LG tv.
Otherwise the DacMagic is a keeper, maybe enjoy it more when a different brand tv is connected.
1 year ago
Customer Q & A
Have a functionality, compatibility, or otherwise product-specific question about this product? Ask it here! If you have a customer service or shipping question, please direct it to our customer service department
In this case, this will depend on if the external DAC they are using is MQA certified. Since the digital outputs from the Node 2i (i.e. Optical or Coaxial) will bypass the internal DAC, which is MQA certified. Therefore, if the external DAC is MQA certified, then I would advise going into Settings -> Player -> Audio and turn OFF Tone Controls, turn ON Output Level Fixed, and finally turn ON MQA External DAC.
As a result, the Node 2i will simply send the MQA signal out the digital outputs untouched, and the external MQA certified DAC will handle the 'MQA unfolding' from here.
Also, please be advised that Radio Paradise MQA is exclusive to BluOS. This exclusivity means that the MQA unfold is done by the BluOS Player and cannot be passed to an external DAC via the digital outputs.
The Cambridge Audio DACMagic 200M supports MQA.