Stealthy sound from British hi-fi experts
Bowers & Wilkins may be best known for their high-performance bookshelf and floor-standing speakers. But the British hi-fi company also makes custom-integration speakers that disappear into your room, like the Reference Series CWM7.4 S2. This high-end in-wall speaker is ideal for an custom-installed home theater system. Mount it vertically as a left- or right-channel speaker, or install it horizontally as your system's center channel for exceptionally clear dialogue and center-stage sound effects.
2.5-way design for ultra-smooth sound
The CWM7.4 S2 features two 4" Continuum™ cone drivers for textured midrange and punchy bass. They're paired with two 4" aramid fiber/paper cone bass drivers to round out the low end. This speaker uses a "2.5-way" crossover design, which means two woofers cover the lower frequencies, while two more go higher into the midrange for a smoother transition between drivers. Smooth, natural highs come courtesy of a 1" carbon dome tweeter.
- 2.5-way design
- ideal for an elite in-wall music system, or as part of a custom-installed home theater system
- symmetrical driver design allows for vertical or horizontal installation
- install a pair vertically for stereo music or as the left and right channels of a home theater
- install one horizontally as a center channel
- 1" carbon dome tweeter
- dual 4" Continuum cone midrange/bass drivers
- dual 4" aramid fiber/paper cone bass drivers
- frequency response: 45-28,000 Hz (±3dB)
- recommended amplifier power: 25 to 150 watts
- nominal impedance: 8 ohms
- sensitivity: 86 dB
- magnetic grille is paintable to match your décor
- cutout dimensions: 5-13/16"W x 23-1/2"H
- overall dimensions: 6-9/16"W x 24-5/8"H
- mounting depth: 3-11/16"
- weight: 13.75 lbs.
What's in the Box
What's in the Box:
- In-wall loudspeaker
- Mounting frame
- Paint shield
- Cutout Template
- Installation Instructions
- Warranty Information
Customer Q & A
Have a functionality, compatibility, or otherwise product-specific question about this product? Ask it here! If you have a customer service or shipping question, please direct it to our customer service department
is it recommended to have a back box?
I am planning to install them behind an AT screen as LCR.
and it is a concrete wall behind the drywall.
I would like to know if the sound quality will differ with or without a blackbox