At home on a stand, wall or bookshelf, the versatile 685 S2 is ideal for stereo and home theatre uses in most rooms. And performance is enhanced with the addition of a Decoupled Double Dome tweeter.
The Decoupled Double Dome tweeter found in the 685 S2, and the rest of the new 600 Series, is technology taken straight from our award-winning CM10 speaker. A dual-layer design combines a thin aluminum dome for lightness and a thicker aluminum ring for rigidity – the result is absolutely stunning, with far greater clarity in the audible spectrum.
The tweeter is also decoupled from the main cabinet, kept physically separate in its own cavity with a ring of gel cushioning it from vibrations. This improves imaging and dispersion for a more natural, spacious treble.
As well as a decoupled, double dome aluminum tweeter, the two-way 685 S2 features a full-range 6.5-inch driver constructed from woven Kevlar and using Anti-Resonance Plug dustcaps, as seen in high-end Bowers & Wilkins speakers. The result is stunning audio quality from a highly versatile smaller speaker.
- 2-way vented-box system
- Woven Kevlar
- Crossover Tuning
- Nautilus Tapering Tube
- Decoupled Double Dome aluminum tweeter with Nautilus™ tube loading
- Kevlar® brand fiber cone bass/midrange
- Drive units: 1x ø25mm (1 in) aluminum dome high-frequency,1x ø165mm (6.5 in) woven Kevlar® cone bass /midrange
- Frequency range: -6dB at 45Hz and 50kHz
- Frequency response: 52Hz - 22kHz ±3dB on reference axis
- Dispersion: Within 2dB of reference response, Horizontal: over 60º arc, Vertical: over 10º arc
- Sensitivity: 87dB spl (2.83V, 1m)
- Harmonic distortion: 2nd and 3rd harmonics (90dB, 1m), <1% 95Hz - 22kHz, <0.5% 140Hz - 20kHz
- Nominal impedance: 8 ohms (minimum 4.0 ohms)
- Crossover frequencies: 4kHz
- Recommended amplifier power: 25W - 100W into 8Ω on unclipped program
- Max. recommended cable impedance: 0.1ohm
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 345mm (13.5 in) x 190mm (7.5 in) x 324mm (12.8 in)
- Net Weight: 6.8kg (14.9 lb)