Bluesound VAULT 2i Streamer/Ripper/ Library Overview
So you’ve got racks full of compact discs and you want the convenience of calling up every song you own at the touch of a screen. The Bluesound VAULT 2i is at your service. Slip in and rip your CDs – in a lossless audio format or MP3, or both – store the files on the cool-running, quiet internal 2TB drive, and start streaming songs seamlessly to every room thanks to Bluesound’s advanced Generation 2i wireless reproduction. The VAULT 2I connects easily to existing systems, and packs top-quality digital to analog conversion (DAC) circuitry to bit-perfectly record your collection and decode most current high-resolution file formats, including the latest MQA lossless platform. Bluetooth 5.0 aptX HD protocols provide the cleanest streaming from phones or portables – and VAULT 2I’S Bluetooth is bi-directional, so you can listening privately via headphones. The BluOS operating system is app-easy to handle. And with every major online service and dozens of Internet radio stations available at a touch alongside VAULT 2I’S built-in network server, Bluesound promises access to “all the music ever recorded.”
- Built-in 2TB ultra-quiet, reliable media-server storage
- CD slot for ripping your music library
- 802.11ac dual-band Wi-Fi and Gigabit Ethernet
- Bluetooth 5.0 aptX HD designed for better-than-CD streaming
- Two-way Bluetooth for wireless headphone listening
- Analog/digital inputs and outputs plus subwoofer and USB connections
- 17 or more integrated online services access all major cloud-based jukeboxes
- High-resolution file support includes FLAC, WAV, AIFF and the latest MQA, with sampling rates up to 192kHz
- Apple’s latest AirPlay 2 wireless support (firmware upgrade)
- Top-mounted touch buttons, and whole-home audio control via BluOS app (iOS, Android. Kindle Fire)
- Amazon Alexa ready via future skill set
- Dimensions: 8.7" wide x 3.54" high x 7.55" deep
- Weight: 4.05 lbs.
- Warranty: 1 year – World Wide Stereo is an authorized dealer for every brand we sell
- Included: World Wide Stereo 60-day guarantee and expert product support
Rip it, rip it good
Pop in and spin up your CDs, and stash the music on the internal 2TB hard-drive network server. Save them for instant retrieval and whole-home streaming in a lossless format, for perfect reproduction, or MP3 to save some space. And in case you’re wondering, 2 terabytes holds – oh, let’s say 30,000 albums worth of music in MP3, or maybe 6,000 bit-perfect CD copies, in round numbers. Unless you’re a hoarder, you’ll run out of CDs long before you run out of space.
The core of the VAULT 2i is the fast, powerful 1GHz ARM Cortex-A9 chip, which means it responds quickly and seamlessly to each command. Custom compact components allowed Bluesound to redesign the circuit path for minimal noise and interference. And the 24 bit/ 192kHz digital-analog conversion circuits handle today’s most advanced music files effortlessly.
Two-way, top-quality Bluetooth
The latest Bluetooth protocol – version 5.0 with aptX HD – is capable of streaming music directly from phones, portables or tablets at better-than-CD quality and is designed for the best reproduction of the latest generation of lossless music files. And the VAULT 2i adds two-way Bluetooth communication, so you can listen privately via the high-quality wireless headset of your choice or connect cordlessly to powered BT speakers.
High-res horsepower to spare
Yes, the VAULT 2i handles the highest-resolution lossless files available today via ripping, saving, download and streaming – up to 24 bit/192kHz sampling rates, in ALAC, AIFF, FLAC and WAV. And you get full compatibility with lower-quality “lossy” files in MP3, AAC, WMA, OGG, and the rest of the alphabet soup. But Bluesound’s Gen 2i adds support for the latest, most flexible set of letters – Master Quality Authenticated, or MQA. With more music studios and equipment makers signing on, MQA is designed for top-quality streaming, it automatically adapts to your equipment, and it packs high resolution in a smaller file size.
“All the music ever recorded”
That’s Bluesound’s bold claim. But consider the VAULT 2i’s capabilities. Tap into your own on-board collection, via the latest dual-band 802.11ac Wi-Fi. AirPlay 2 capability streams directly from your iTunes and Apple Music library. Connect to dozens of Internet radio stations via TuneIn, iHeart, Calm Radio, Slacker and Radio Paradise. And select songs seamlessly from the top celestial jukeboxes including Tidal, Deezer, Spotify, Amazon, Pandora – even country-specific services such as Qobuz (France) and Tai (China). “All the music ever recorded?” Hard to prove, hard to argue.
Optimized operating system
The BluOS operating system was built for wireless whole-home audio from the ground up. A free download (iOS, Android, Kindle Fire), the BluOS Controller App ties together every compatible component in your home, makes set-up a snap, flips effortlessly through all your files and sources, and gives you fingertip control of the whole ecosystem. Individual touch controls are on top of the VAULT 2i in case your portable device isn’t in reach. Amazon Alexa voice control is in development and will be available through future skills sets. And with Apple’s AirPlay 2, you’ll soon be able to chat with Siri as well. Bluesound products also play well with smart-home automation systems such as Crestron, Lutron and Control4.
- Operating system: BluOS
- Supported operating systems: iOS, Android, Windows Vista, 7, 8, 10, macOS X 7-10
- Supported file formats: Mp3, AAC, WMA, WMA-L, OGG, FLAC, ALAC, WAV, AIFF, MQA
- Native sampling rates: 32 - 192kHz
- Bit depths: 16 - 24
- Music service integrations: 17+
- 3rd-party integrations: AirPlay2 (via software updated), Apple Wireless Accessory Configuration (WAC)
- Control system integration: Crestron, Control 4, RTI, ELAN, URC, Push, Lutron, iPort
- Voice control integration: Supports Amazon Alexa (via software updated)
- Play/pause button: Touch LED
- Volume control buttons: Touch LED
- Previous/next track buttons: Touch LED
- Preset buttons: In-App
- Processor: ARM cortex -A9, 1GHz
- DAC: 32-bit, 192kHz
- Signal-to-noise ratio: -110dBA
- Distortion: THD+N, 0.005%
- CD ripper: Yes
- Rip format: FLAC, Mp3 (320kbps), WAV selectable
- Storage: 2TB ultra-quiet media drive
- Power: Universal bi-pin AC cord input 100 - 240AC)
- Ethernet/LAN: Ethernet RJ45, GigE
- Bluetooth: Built-in
- Bluetooth quality: Qualcomm aptX HD Bluetooth 5.0
- Bluetooth connectivity: Two-way (transmit & receive)
- IR optical built-in: IR sensor built-in - front panel
- IR input: 3.5mm jack
- Optical/analog input: Combo - Toslink/3.5mm
- USB In: Type A (Fat32 formatted) x2
- USB: Type B (mini) for product servicing
- Audio output: Analog RCA stereo with FIXED option
- Coaxial output: RCA
- Optical output: Toslink digital optical
- Trigger out: 12 volt
- Headphone output: 3.5mm stereo
- Subwoofer output: RCA
- Power consumption (Idle/Standby): 9 watts/<0.5 watts
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 8.7" x 3.54" x 7.55"
- Weight: 4.05 lbs.
What's in the Box
What's in the Box:
- VAULT 2i Network Streamer
- 120V AC power cord
- 230V AC power cord
- Ethernet cable
- Stereo RCA to RCA cable
- 3.5mm stereo mini plug to RCA cable
- Toslink optical to 3.5mm mini adaptor
- Safety/warranty guide
- Quick setup guide
Customer Reviews for Bluesound VAULT 2i Network Streamer, CD-Ripper, and Music Library
over 2 years ago
Customer Q & A
Have a functionality, compatibility, or otherwise product-specific question about this product? Ask it here! If you have a customer service or shipping question, please direct it to our customer service department
USB (TYPE A): Connect a USB mass storage device or Bluetooth adaptor to the USB input. Typical USB mass storage devices compatible with the VAULT 2i include portable flash memory devices and external hard drives (FAT32 formatted).
We recommend you reach out directly to Bluesound tech support for advice on how to configure an external hard drive.