This Package Includes
JitterBug FMJ USB 2.0 Power & Noise-Filter
AudioQuest JitterBug FMJ (Full Metal Jacket) USB 2.0 Noise Filter uses Dual Discrete Noise-Dissipation Circuits to reduce the radio-frequency noise and resonances that are inherent to all digital electronics. The result is more spacious and compelling sound, music, dialog, etc. for a better audio experience.
JitterBug FMJ features a shielded metal case to protect against external noise. An included USB plug is perfect for when JitterBug FMJ’s USB output port is unoccupied or when using a second JitterBug in parallel to the first, further preventing high-frequency noise from contaminating the audio signal.
Many tens of thousands of music lovers are already enjoying better audio enabled by the original AudioQuest JitterBug USB Noise Filter—plugged into cars’ USB jacks, laptop computers, USB “service-only” jacks on Ethernet Streamers, and more.
Now, JitterBug FMJ, with its Full Metal Jacket raises the stakes. Whether used in series (in-line) or in parallel, JitterBug significantly reduces contamination from RF generated by a computer, car, or other devices—JitterBug FMJ also thoroughly addresses environmental RF Noise taking advantage of this vulnerable interface.
The new metal case is the most obvious change, though even the seemingly innocuous hinged “rubber” piece covering JitterBug’s output is crucial to JitterBug’s improved performance. That little black “door” is RF-proof thanks to the material being substantially RF-absorbing Carbon.
Employ one JitterBug in series between any computer, smartphone, NAS, streamer, or car audio system and a USB input. For an additional sonic improvement, use a second JitterBug in another unoccupied USB port—in parallel to the first—except with JitterBug FMJ’s front door closed. A JitterBug in series with AudioQuest DragonFlys Black or Red always helps those wonderful creatures fly higher and faster. However, it’s best to experiment when putting a JitterBug in front of a DragonFly Cobalt—which itself employs some of JitterBug’s filtering, and so the two filters in series can help or hurt performance depending on specific equipment and context.
Noise reduction and noise dissipation is AudioQuest! One can’t hear our modern world’s pervasive RF Noise itself, but the compromises it causes robs us of detail and contrast and outright buries so much subtlety. Fight back with JitterBug FMJ.
- Dual-Discrete Noise-Dissipation Circuits reduce internally generated radio-frequency noise for improved streaming-audio performance
- Reduces jitter and packet errors
- Full-Metal Jacket (FMJ) protects against external noise
- Integrated RF-proof USB output plug further reduces noise
- Complies with all USB 2.0 specifications
DragonFly Black v1.5 USB Digital-to-Analog Converter
DragonFly Black is a USB digital-to-analog converter (DAC) designed to deliver cleaner, clearer, more naturally beautiful sound from any computer, smartphone, or tablet. DragonFly Black’s unique design allows for playback of any file type regardless of resolution. Natively, DragonFly Black is capable of decoding 24-bit/96kHz data.
DragonFly Black Features:
- USB Stick-Sized Digital-to-Analog Converter
- Plays all music files: MP3 to high-res
- Compatible with Apple and Windows PCs, as well as iOS and Android mobile devices (requires Apple Camera Adapter or Made for Android/OTG adapter)
- Drives headphones directly
- Fixed output feeds preamp or AV receiver
- Asynchronous transfer ensures digital timing integrity
- Medium output (1.2 volts) drives a wide range of headphones
- 32-bit ESS 9010 DAC with minimum-phase filter
- Analog volume control