Review: KLH Fusion True Wireless Noise-Cancelling Earbuds
Style and Comfort
The KLH Fusion Truly Wireless Earbuds are a wonderful blend of quality sound, comfort, and convenience with a little bit of badass style sprinkled on top. They're compatible with Siri and Google Assistant and offer 9 voice commands, which you don’t realize you need until you catch yourself saying “volume up!” over and over during your favorite song and getting confused looks from your roommates. They can truly be controlled hands-free with just the sound of your voice - so it doesn't get more "wireless" than this. They also have Bone Voiceprint Technology, meaning the earbuds only recognize my voice and my roommates can't override what I'm listening to.
Environmental Noise Cancellation
Before you know it, the noise cancellation will erase all of
your surroundings and put you in the front row at a punk show in a sweaty
basement. When that dreaded call comes in, a simple command of “reject call”
will leave the show going uninterrupted.
I typically stay away from headphones when I go for a run for a couple of different reasons. First and foremost, I get incredibly distracted deciding what I want to listen to and usually end up fumbling with my phone or earbuds trying to change the song or volume. I also find that earbuds get incredibly uncomfortable after about 40 minutes of pounding the pavement. I recently took the KLH Fusion Truly Wireless Earbuds out for a cold 8 miles (it's winter in Philly) and felt like I could have gone for another 8. I’m sure the wonderful people I passed on the street took home stories of a man running and yelling “next song!” to himself, but it made my run distraction-free and incredibly enjoyable. The noise cancellation let me focus on just the music and my run.
For the record, these earbuds do also have simple touch controls in the case you don't want to use your voice as the control, which does come in handy if you're in an environment where talking to your headphones just isn't appropriate.
When I got back from my run, I popped the earbuds in their carrying case, which doubles as a convenient charger. There's a nice and satisfying magnetic pull and "click" when you place the headphones in their slot in the case.
The sound that comes from these tiny earbuds is incredible and
many steps above some of the other earbuds out there. I rarely have to re-adjust either earbud at any point - not to mention they are incredibly comfortable and
durable and the voice commands and charging case make my life a whole lot easier. KLH has really put out an incredible product with the Fusion.
What you need to know:
- Truly wireless (no cable connecting the earbuds or to your device)
- Lightweight and comfortable
- Bluetooth 5.0 for wirelessly streaming music and answering phone calls
- High-Fidelity Sound with apt-X
- 9 Voice Commands without a wake-up word - play (or pause) your music, accept (or reject) calls, change tracks, increase or lower the volume, etc.
- Also works with Siri or Google Assistant voice commands
- 4 Knowles® MEMS/Smart Microphones captures your voice clearly and cancels ambient noise
- Bone Voiceprint Technology only recognizes the wearer’s voice
- Environmental Noise Cancellation
- 7-hour battery life, 90 minute charge time,
- Carrying case wirelessly charges headphones and banks up to 28 hours of battery life
- IPX5 water-resistant (splash-proof, sweat-proof)