- Amplifier Type: Digital Amplifier, 5-Master HX
- Amplifier Channels: 12ch
- Power Output (Total): 504W
- Input and Output Terminals: USB type A (FW Update only), Ethernet, 5-Center Out
- IEEE802.11 version: IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
- Bluetooth: RX (receiver) / TX (transmitter)
- HDCP2.2: Yes
- Number of Input/Output: 1/1 (eARC/ARC)
- eARC: Yes
- 4K/60p/YUV4:4:4: Yes
- HDR: Yes
- Dolby Vision™ Compatible: Yes
- HLG (Hybrid Log Gamma): Yes
- BRAVIA Sync: Yes
- HDMI CEC: Yes
- Audio Formats
- HDMI Input: Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Atmos, Dolby Dual Mono, DTS, DTS HD High Resolution Audio, DTS HD Master Audio, DTS ES, DTS 96/24, DTS:X, LPCM
- HDMI eARC: Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Atmos, Dolby Dual Mono, DTS, DTS HD High Resolution Audio, DTS HD Master Audio, DTS ES, DTS 96/24, DTS:X, LPCM
- Bluetooth (Receiver): AAC, SBC, LDAC
- Bluetooth (Transmitter): SBD, LDAC
- Sound Function
- Sound Mode: Auto Sound, Cinema, Music
- Sound Effect: Night Mode, Voice Mode, Immersive Audio Enhancement
- Viturtal Sound Technology: 360 Spatial Sound Mapping, Dolby Surround, Nural:X
- Speaker Layout
- Speaker Structure: 4.0.4 ch
- Network Function
- Network Function: Chromecast built-in, Spotify Connect, Music Service Button, Google Home, Works with Google Assistant
- Power Consumption: Control Box 15W / Speaker 22W
- Features for PlayStation®5: AUTO TONE HDR MAPPING compatible (Pass-through)* AUTO GENRE PICTURE MODE compatible (Pass-through)* *Requires firmware update released Spring 2022
What's in the Box
What's in the Box
- 4 Speakers
- Remote Commander
- HDMI cable
- AC Adapter
- Warranty Card
- Quick Setup Guide
Customer Reviews for Sony HT-A9 High Performance Home Theater System
A few improvements could be made however that would make it a truly must own product.
1, The height channels could have more oomph we have a relatively low ceiling and some of the effects come off as muddled, we’ve tried the immersive sound, dts x and dolby virtualizer- all sound quite similar although the dts x is the clearest and has the best surround sound effects and volume overall.
2, There should be an option to add 2 more speakers to the set up retroactively making 6 Ht-A9s and a tv center channel this would create a soundstage that could be even more fine tuned.
3, I own a Sony KD85 85inch 4K tv from July 2020 which new by any standards and yet I cannot use it as the center channel, this is particularly frustrating as it means I’ve just spent thousands of pounds on a set and yet cannot use it with the latest Sony theatre system. I’m sure this could be updated to be used as a centre channel via a firmware update to then connect to the speakers wirelessly via blutooth.
These minor improvements would make a huge difference overall.
I do plan on getting a new set but am waiting for the QD OLED in a 97 inch of which you announced you currently only produce at a maximum size of 65 inch.