- Size & Weight
- Main Unit Size - Body Only (W x H x D): 51.1" x 3.1" x 5.6"
- Main Unit Weight - Body Only: 19.2 lbs
- Amplifier Type: Digital Amplifier, S-Master HX
- Amplifier Channels: 11ch
- Power Output (Total): 500W
- Subwoofer Type: Built-in
- Input and Output Terminals: Optical-audio input, Analogue audio input(stereo mini), USB typeA, File System:exFAT/FAT12/16/32,vFAT
- iEEE802.11 version: a/b/g/n/ac
- Bluetooth: Yes
- Bluetooth Version: Ver 5.0
- HDCP2.2: Yes
- Number of Input/Output: 2/1 (eARC/ARC)
- eARC: Yes
- 4K/60p/YUV4:4:4: Yes
- HDR: Yes
- Dolby Vision™ Compatible: Yes
- HLG (hybrid log gamma): Yes
- BRAVIA Sync: Yes
- HDMI CEC: Yes
- Audio Formats
- HDMI Input: Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital plus, Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Atmos, Dolby Dual mono, DTS, DTS HD High Resolution Audio, DTS HD Master Audio, DTS ES, DTS 96/24, DTS:X, LPCM
- HDMI eARC: Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital plus, Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Atmos, Dolby Dual mono, DTS, DTS HD High Resolution Audio, DTS HD Master Audio, DTS ES, DTS 96/24, DTS:X, LPCM
- Optical Input: Dolby Digital, Dolby Dual mono, DTS, LPCM 2c
- USB: DSD(.dsf / .dff ), Wav, Flac, ALAC(.m4a, .mov), AIFF(.aiff, .aif), HE AAC, AAC, mp3, Monkey Audio, WMA, Ogg Vorbis
- Bluetooth (Receiver): AAC, SBC, LDAC
- Bluetooth (Transmitter): SBC, LDAC
- Sound Function
- Sound Mode: Auto Sound, Cinema, Music, Standard
- Sound Effect: Night Mode, Voice Mode, Immersive Audio Enhancement
- Virtual Surround Technology: S-Force PRO, Vertical Surround Engine, Dolby Speaker Virtual, Dolby Surround, Neural:X
- Speaker Layout
- Speaker Structure: 7.1.2ch (Built-in-Subwoofer)
- Network Function: Chromecast built-in, Spotify Connect, Music Service Button, Works with Google Assistant, AirPlay2
- Wireless Features
- Wireless Surround (with optional wireless speakers): Yes
- TV Wireless connection: Yes
- Power Consumption: 65W
- Power Consumption (on Remote Start mode): 2.4W
What's in the Box
What's in the Box
- HT-A7000 Sound Bar
- Remote Commander
- HDMI Cable
- Mounting Bracket
- Warranty Card
- Quick Setup Guide
Customer Reviews for Sony HTA7000 7.1.2ch Dolby Atmos® Soundbar
3 weeks ago
You can be as simple as connecting a hdmi cable into the eARC or ARC connection on your TV, or as I did, connect devices through the hdmi 2.1 pass through ports, allowing the full 7.1 audio from my ps5.
The sound output is quite magnificent, rich tones replicated with no lag, and even as a stand-alone unit, the A7000 manages to bounce sounds round the room in a very surreal manner, sound you swear are coming from above and behind you, yet you know they're being sent from right there in front of you.
You might think that setting up the sound is a daunting task, but no, the A7000 has a fully automated set-up method using soundfield optimisation by sending different sounds through each speaker the A7000 measures the response times to judge the shape and size of your room and by using these returned values, will set the speaker settings and levels to be unique to each individual room.
Once set up, connected and ready to go, you can sit back and enjoy the audio experience.
And what an experience it is, films in surround and Atmos sound absolutely sublime, the difference is very, very noticeable from the usual 2.1 or 2.0 outputted from TV systems. Bass is well rounded with no overbearing nor distorted sounds, a nice thick bass matched with equally rich sounding miss and highs, each fired from its own style of speaker with no compression artifacts, nor any flat areas, the sound is quite simply, something you'd expect in a theatre, not a home.
The soundbar supports a wide range of sound codecs, including Atmos, DTS, 3D Audio and many more, the built in Google cast, Alexa, LDAC Bluetooth connection, 3.5mm analogue and optical ports mean there's connection methods for any scenario, for most others there's also the Sony music centre mobile app which will connect your smartphone to the speaker via the internet, and can stream almost all other music apps via remote connection.
With connection methods all over the place, a top line sound system and a very user friendly set up, it's very hard to find anything negative about this system, it's a very, very enjoyable experience all round, and would not think twice about recommending it to others.
A very solid performer.
HOW EVER I FOUND THAT WHEN TURNING ON VOICE WILL HAVE A CRACKLING SOUND WHEN WATCHING MOVIES OR TV SHOWS ON CERTAIN HIGH VOLUME ON INTERNET SERVICES LIKE NETFLI DISYNEY OR AMAZON TURNING OF VOICE OFF WOULD SOLVE THE ISSUE. PLEASE TAKE NOT YOU NEED TO HAVE NETFLIX OR DISYNEY OR AMAZONE PRIME TO ENJOY THE FULL POTENTIAL OF THE SOUNDBAR. MY SUGGESION USING THE SOUNDBAR DUN TURN OFF THE IMMERSIVE AE AS IT CREATE THE SOUND IN A 3D DIMENSION EFFECT I FOUND THAT IT IS USEFUL WHEN CASTING MUSIC ON TIDAL ON THE SOUNDBAR IT GOES PERFECT WITH SONY OLED TV A80J OR A90J AS THE TV WILL ACT AS THE CENTER SPEAKER OF THE SETUP. A GOOD MOVE TO SONY FOR THE 360 AUDIO REALITY BRING MUSIC SO SHARP AND CRISP. DUN GET THIS SOUNBAR WITHOUT THE SUBWOOFER THATS MY ADVICE..