The McIntosh LCR80 Produces Massive Sound From a Small Footprint
"The "LCR" part of the LCR80 model refers to the fact that it can be used, equally well, as a left, right, or center channel speaker, due to the rotating mid-tweeter-mid array. It can also be combined with other McIntosh speakers, or in sets of five, seven, (or more) and combined with a subwoofer to create a full system." — Ken Zelin, World Wide Stereo McIntosh Product Specialist
- McIntosh quality, high performance speaker
- Sealed three-way speaker system with 8 ohms nominal impedance
- Power requirement 75 watts per channel, and can handle up to 300 wpc
- Two 6-inch cast-frame woofers with McIntosh’s patented LD/HP system for low distortion
- Two 2-inch Inverted Titanium Dome midrange drivers
- One ¾-inch Titanium Dome tweeter
- Midrange and tweeter mounted on swivel plate allowing for horizontal or vertical placement
- Available in Red Walnut & Gloss Black finishes
- Weight: 24 lbs
- Dimensions (W x H x D) – 24" X 8" X 8-3/8"
- Warranty: 5 years – World Wide Stereo is an authorized dealer for every brand we sell
- World Wide Stereo 60-day guarantee and expert product support
Meet the McIntosh LCR80 - Unmatched Flexibility
McIntosh calls its LCR80 a “multipurpose” speaker. That means, while it’s perfectly designed for the center-channel position in a home theater system, it is voiced to match the company’s XR50 bookshelf and XR100 floor-standing speakers in any configurations. It can be positioned horizontally or vertically, be wall or shelf mounted, and serve as left, center, right and/or surround speakers in the finest home systems. (Wall-mounting hardware is included.)
A Flexible Array
There’s a reason the LCR80’ sound is a close cousin to the XR50 and XR100 – it uses similar components in a flexible array. Two 2-inch Inverted Dome Titanium midrange speakers flank a ¾-inch Titanium Dome Tweeter, providing wide dispersion and high power-handling capability. All are installed on a single machined metal plate that can be rotated to match horizontal or vertical placement.
Compact and Powerful
Flanking that mid-tweeter plate array are a pair of deceptively powerful 6-inch woofers using the company’s patented Low Distortion/High Performance (LD/HP) system found across its entire speaker line, for high power capability and lower-end extension with ultra-low distortion. The entire package is designed to deliver clean, natural and accurate audio, from a musical soundstage to clear dialogue, to special effects with true impact, in a slim cabinet.
Pairs well with: Any of McIntosh’s line of integrated or
power amps up
to 300 watts per channel. Combine with the XR50 three-way bookshelf and XR100 four-way tower speakers in any
top-of-the-line multichannel home system (including McIntosh’s awesome MX122 surround processor and MC8207 seven-channel power amp combo).