- Designed in USA and engineered of premium materials
- Three-way bass-reflex system
- Two 6-1/2 inch woven Kevlar bass drivers with oversized magnets
- One 5-1/4 inch Kevlar midrange driver
- 1-inch anodized aluminum tweeter
- Brushed aluminum fascia around tweeter and drivers
- Custom crossover circuitry with top-quality components
- Dense MDF internal chambers
- Port-tuning for optimized bass
- Nickel-plated five-way binding posts with bi-amp capability
- Complete with black satin MDF base, rubber feet and spikes for placement on floor or carpet
- Available in real walnut or black oak wood veneer
- Snap-on magnetic grille with no visible fasteners
- Dimensions: 40” high by 7.75” wide by 14.75” deep
- Weight: 50 lbs.
- Warranty: An exceptional 10 years – World Wide Stereo is an authorized dealer for every brand we sell
- Included: World Wide Stereo 60-day guarantee and expert product support
From the heartland, from the heart
The new KLH, located in the USA’s heartland – Noblesville, Indiana – pays homage to the brand by building incredible value into every speaker. The Kendall starts with superior materials – woven Kevlar cones with die-cast aluminum baskets, anodized aluminum domes, brushed aluminum faceplates, MDF cabinetry with real wood veneers, nickel-plated binding posts, top-quality crossover components – and adds in decades of engineering and design experience, to deliver a speaker that looks as good as it sounds, and sounds better than far more expensive competitors.
Tough, solid drivers…
Each Kendall tower begins with a pair of 6-1/2-inch Kevlar woofers, for strength and stiffness, suspended via flexible, durable butyl rubber in powder-coated, die-cast aluminum baskets with oversized magnets. A 5-1/4 inch midrange driver is similarly rugged. And the 1-inch dome tweeter is formed of anodized aluminum for crystal clarity, linear response and maximum dispersion.
…Working in perfect harmony
The individual drivers are controlled by custom crossover circuitry, built with the highest-grade components, and tied together with braided tinsel wiring, all for minimal interference among the drivers, and for maximum extension. Together, they reach deep down to 25Hz, and up beyond hearing to 23kHz, with flat frequency response (+/- 3dB) and wide soundstage.
Tuned to the room
The Kendall includes a rear bass port that can be tuned to reduce the airflow and optimize the bass response when the speakers are placed adjacent to the walls.
Got extra channels?
The nickel-plated binding posts handle your choice of speaker wire connections (banana plugs, spade lugs, posts, bare wire). And if your amp or surround receiver has a couple channels to spare, consider bi-amping the Kendalls (connections supplied to separately power the lows and highs) for ultra-clean sonic reproduction. A sturdy MDF plinth and a variety of mounting feet are included, from rubber (for bare floor) to spikes (carpeting), for optimum decoupling from the room surface.
Looks great covered or uncovered
The cabinet is finished in genuine wood veneers (your choice of black oak or walnut). And the magnetic clasps for the grille cover are hidden, so if you like your speaker systems naked, the fully finished front panel with brushed aluminum speaker faceplates will happily oblige any exhibitionist tendencies.
Pairs perfectly with…
Build your whole home theater with KLH: Add the Story Center Channel Speaker, and a pair or more of the Beacon Surrounds, and enjoy the show. In fact, the entire KLH line shares a sonic signature, so you can confidently mix and match a system that suits your needs. And you always can count on World Wide Stereo’s 60-day guarantee.
A brief history of sound
Back in the 1950s and early ‘60s, a band of pioneering engineers revolutionized the audio world and led the golden age of high fidelity. Among them, possibly the most revered and warmly remembered is Henry Kloss, the K of KLH. An inveterate tinkerer and serial entrepreneur, he started some of the most influential companies of the era and beyond, from AR and Advent to Cambridge Soundworks and Tivoli Audio. Kloss is credited with introducing influential innovations including acoustic suspension speakers, Dolby recorders and projection TVs. To honor his memory and dedication to the highest fidelity from huge electrostatic speakers to tiny table radios, the revamped KLH has named its new speaker line for streets on and around Kloss’ beloved Massachusetts Institute of Technology campus in Cambridge, Mass.
- 2x 6.5" woven Kevlar bass drivers
- 1x 5.25" woven Kevlar mid/bass driver
- 1" anodized aluminum tweeter
- 3/4" MDF construction
- Frequency response: 33Hz - 23kHz
- Sensitivity: 96dB
- Power handling: 250W
- Impedance: 8Ω
- Crossover points: 600Hz and 2.4kHz
- Dimensions: 40" x 8" x 15"
- Weight: 60 lbs.
What's in the Box
What's in the Box:
- Kendall 3-Way Floorstanding Loudspeaker - Each
- Power cord