Questions? We're here to help.
Focal’s K2 Power Collection
Part of the Elite lineup, the Focal ES 165 KX2 6-1/2” 2-way component speakers combine ingenious engineering feats and meticulous build quality. These Focal speakers offer a depth and transparency that’s only surpassed by their Utopia Be line. You can expect to hear the music exactly as the artist intended – from every voice down to the smallest detail. When Focal replaced the now-discontinued 165 KRX2 6-1/2” component speakers with the ES 165 KX2 kit, we cringed. We LOVED the previous model. Once the speakers were on-hand, broken-in, and thoroughly listened to, we changed our tune. The improvements that the Focal engineers made gave more depth and transparency to the music (like we just mentioned earlier). We thought that it would be impossible to improve upon the Elite K2 Power series. We were wrong.
“M”-shaped Inverted Aramid Fiber Dome Tweeter
Kevlar® aramid fiber is used to make a host of things: clothing, body armor, etc., but in this case, Focal is using it to make a lightweight, but exceptionally strong, tweeter. Because the material is so light, it reproduces high frequencies with amazing accuracy and clarity. Couple these characteristics with the 1-1/8” tweeter’s “M”-shaped profile and inverted dome tweeter and you have an ultra-high performer that will blow you away with the details that it is capable of recreating. A distinct yellow hue has been the trademark color of K2 Power products and the tweeters in the ES 165 KX2 proudly carry on this tradition.
“W” Sandwich Cone Woofers
The woofers found in the ES 165 KX2 speaker kit are made from a unique concept: they contain a thin layer of Kevlar® aramid woven fiber sandwiched between a pair of ultra-thin glass fiber pieces. The resulting cone is extremely stiff and durable, but able to produce solid midbass performance. Adding to this process are a couple of key pieces that are worth mentioning: the aluminum phase plug planted in the middle of each woofer is designed to eliminate standing waves for clean, unadulterated mid-range response and the TMD® (Tuned Mass Damper) rubber surround was put into place to help lower distortion for cleaner midbass reproduction. All said and done, these woofers are no slouches. They are some of the best-sounding in the industry.
More Power = Better Sound
The ES 165 KX2 speakers have 2-ohm voice coils so that they can extract maximum power from the amplifier that you plan on using to drive them. The more power you feed them (without getting silly, of course) equates to better sound quality and louder volume capability. Throw some serious power their way and you’ll be quite pleased with the resulting sound.
ES 165 KX2 Highlights:
- 2-way component speaker kit comprised of two 1-1/8” aramid fiber tweeters, two 6-1/2” woofers, and two crossovers capable of being bi-amplified
- Kevlar® sandwich cone woofers for accurate bass and mid-range response
- Woven aramid fiber inverted dome tweeters for precise high-frequency response
- A pair of crossover networks (that can be bi-amplified) featuring audio adjustments to dial in the perfect sound/imaging
- Warranty: 1 year
- Included: World Wide Stereo 60-day guarantee and expert product support
- 2-way component speaker kit
- 6-1/2” Kevlar® sandwich cone woofers
- 1-1/8” aramid fiber inverted dome tweeters
- 2-ohm impedance
- Up to 120 watts of continuous power handling
- Peak power handling: 240 watts
- Frequency response range: 55Hz – 22kHz
- Sensitivity: 92.5dB
- Woofer top-mount depth: 3”
What's in the Box
What's in the Box:
- 1 pair of woofers
- 1 pair of woofer grilles w/ mounting rings
- 1 pair of tweeters
- 1 pair of tweeter grilles
- 1 pair of crossovers
- 1 pair of flush mount tweeter cups
- 1 pair of flush mount washers
- 1 pair of angled surface mount cups
- 1 pair of foam woofer gaskets
- 12 self-tapping screws
- 8 speed clips
- 1 pair of Focal window stickers
- Owner’s manual