Bowers & Wilkins AM-1 2-Way Weatherproof Indoor/Outdoor Speaker - Pair
Questions? We're here to help.
Model: FP33782 UPC: 714346313730 Item: 242
- Produces powerful sound while remaining sealed from the elements
- Unique internal configuration allows for optimum audio delivery
- Versatile mounting system allows you to project sound where you need to
- Carefully designed for easy installation
Bowers & Wilkins AM-1 2-Way Weatherproof Indoor/Outdoor Speaker
Designed to provide great sound wherever you need it, the weather-proof AM-1 is the most durable loudspeaker Bowers & Wilkins has ever made.
The AM-1 Architectural Monitor offers a unique combination of high-quality sound and supreme flexibility. Articulate, exciting and powerful, AM-1 avoids the compromises commonly associated with versatile, all-weather monitors, and delivers all the performance expected of a Bowers & Wilkins loudspeaker.
A two-way design, AM-1 features an inverted drive unit configuration, with a 25mm aluminum-dome tweeter mounted below rather than above a 5inch glass-fiber bass/midrange driver. This ensures optimal dispersion of sound when the speaker is mounted high on the wall. AM-1’s low-frequency output is bolstered by the use of a rear-mounted auxiliary bass radiator (ABR). Used instead of a conventional bass reflex port, the ABR endows AM-1 with exceptional bass response for a cabinet of its size. Unlike a port, it also provides AM-1’s cabinet with a continual seal against the elements. This combination of advanced drive units, unique configuration and classically simple crossover components combines to create a loudspeaker as musical as it is flexible.
AM-1 has been carefully designed to be easy to install and very flexible. Designed to be positioned in either landscape or portrait mode, AM-1 combines a rust-proof aluminum grille with a rigid cabinet composed of glass-filled plastics, ensuring class-leading resistance to extremes of dust, moisture and UV exposure. And while it has very obvious benefits outside, its discreet styling and impressive performance will also find favor for use internally.
Bowers & Wilkins AM-1 Indoor/Outdoor Speaker Specifications:
- Technical Features: Nautilus tube loaded aluminium dome tweeter, Glassfibre cone bass/midrange, Auxiliary Bass Radiator (ABR)
- Description: 2-way system with Auxiliary Bass Radiator (ABR)
- Drive Units: 1x ø25mm (1in) aluminium dome high-frequency; 1x ø130mm (5in) glassfibre cone bass/midrange
- Frequency Range: -6dB at 46Hz and 50kHz (wall mounted)
- Frequency Response: 51Hz - 22kHz on reference axis (wall mounted)
- Sensitivity: 86dB (2.83V, 1m)
- Total Harmonic Distortion: <1% 200Hz - 20kHz (86dB, 1m)
- Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms (5.2 ohms min)
- Recommended Amplifier Power: 20W - 100W into 8 ohms on unclipped programme power
- Dimensions (Includes Wall Bracket):
- Height: 310mm (12.25in)
- Width: 180mm (7in)
- Depth: 210mm (8.25in)
- Net Weight: 4Kg (8.8lb)
- Drive units
- 1x ø25mm (1") aluminum dome high-frequency
- 1x ø130mm (5") glassfibre cone bass/midrange
- Frequency range: -6dB at 50kHz (wall mounted)
- Frequency response: 51Hz - 22kHz on reference axis
- Sensitivity: 86dB (2.83V, 1m)
- Total harmonic distortion: <1% 200Hz - 20kHz (86dB, 1m)
- Nominal impedance: 8Ω (5.2Ω min)
- Recommended amplifier power: 20W - 100W into 8Ω on unclipped program power
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 12.25" x 7" x 8.25"
- Weight: 8.8 lbs.
What's in the Box
What's in the Box:
- AM-1 2-Way Weatherproof Indoor/Outdoor Speaker
- Mounting bracket
- Mounting hardware
Customer Reviews for Bowers & Wilkins AM-1 2-Way Weatherproof Indoor/Outdoor Speaker - Pair
With that in mind, I have to say that I’m totally impressed with the sound quality these little speakers can generate in my patio area at my home. Great bass, super clear voice reproduction, and the cost is insanely low considering all you get.
Just buy them and don’t mess around with any other options out there.
1 year ago
The bass is great with excellent clarity on the high end, mids are strong but not overly so. If you want some rumble in the bass you'll need a sub. I listen to classical, jazz, rock, pop, etc. speaker plays them all well but the source should be good quality or the speakers won't shine. Overall a great outdoor speaker.
Customer Q & A
Have a functionality, compatibility, or otherwise product-specific question about this product? Ask it here! If you have a customer service or shipping question, please direct it to our customer service department
Talk about unique. I would install them horizontal.