Bluesound PULSE MINI 2i Wireless Streaming Speaker Overview
Its name may be “mini,” but little is lacking in the updated, improved PULSE MINI 2i, the middle child of Bluesound’s new Generation 2i line of wireless speakers and streamers. The acoustic upgrades are considerable, including new bass drivers and a reengineered digital amplifier delivering 100 watts to the array of dual tweeters and woofers. Coaxing big sound from a compact cabinet was the design goal; a dual acoustic chamber and sophisticated digital soundfield processing (DSP) delivers room-filling stereo with a convincingly wide soundstage. Top-quality digital to analog conversion circuitry (DAC) precisely decodes nearly every high-resolution format, including the latest MQA lossless platform. Bluetooth aptX HD provides cleanest streaming – better-than-CD quality – from your favorite phone or portable. Dual-band Wi-Fi eliminates congestion and interference. The BluOS operating system is app-easy to setup and control. And every major online service, dozens of Internet radio stations and your own network-based collection are all available at the tap of a screen.
- Bluetooth 5.0 aptX HD designed for superior music streaming
- Two-way Bluetooth for wireless headphone listening, plus headphone jack
- 802.11ac dual-band Wi-Fi
- 17 or more integrated online services access all major cloud-based jukeboxes
- High-resolution music file support includes FLAC, WAV, AIFF and the latest MQA, with sampling rates up to 192kHz
- Apple’s latest AirPlay 2 wireless support (through firmware upgrade)
- Optical/analog input, Ethernet and USB for system flexibility
- Dual 4-inch woofers and 3/4-inch tweeters in sealed acoustic chambers
- Advanced DSP for convincing, spacious stereo from a single box
- 100 watt of power, bi-amped: 45 watts per woofer, 10 per tweeter
- Whole-home audio control via BluOS app (iOS, Android, Kindle Fire), or unit control via top-mounted touch buttons
- Available in black or white matte
- Amazon Alexa ready (via software upgrade)
- Dimensions: 13.2" wide x 6.8" high x 6.1" deep
- Weight: 8.2 lbs.
- Warranty: 1 year – World Wide Stereo is an authorized dealer for every brand we sell
- Included: World Wide Stereo 60-day guarantee and expert product support
It starts with sound
Bluesound’s well-regarded sonic signature has been improved in every Gen 2i speaker. The MINI2i features redesigned dual 4-inch woofers and 3/4-inch tweeters, each driven by its own custom-designed DirectDigital amplifier, effectively doubling the available power of the previous model. Combined with advanced digital soundfield processing (DSP) and dual acoustic chambers, this single compact package delivers room-filling realism, convincing stereo and bottom-end oomph. And with DSP, you also can customize the MINI’s sound for the space and your situation, with such effects as Wide Mode, Late Night and Dialog.
Two-way, top-quality Bluetooth
The latest Bluetooth protocol – version 5.0, aptX HD – is capable of streaming music directly from phones, portables or tablets at better-than-CD quality and is designed for the best reproduction of lossless music files. And the MINI 2i adds two-way Bluetooth communication, so you can listen privately via the high-quality wireless headset of your choice – or use the included headphone jack for a wired connection.
High-res horsepower to spare
As a member of Gen 2i, the MINI 2i effortlessly handles today’s high-resolution lossless files available via download and streaming – up to 24 bit/192kHz sampling rates, in ALAC, AIFF, FLAC and WAV. And it’s compatible with space-saving “lossy” file formats such as MP3, AAC, WMA and OGG. But the 2i line adds out-of-the-box support for the latest Master Quality Authenticated format (MQA). Music studios and equipment makers are signing on for the lossless digital platform that streams smoothly, automatically adapts to your equipment and packs high-res in a smaller file.
All the music ever recorded?
That’s Bluesound’s bold claim. But consider its capabilities. Tap into the collection stored on your own home network, via the MINI 2i’s latest generation dual-band 802.11ac Wi-Fi. AirPlay 2 capability streams directly from your iTunes and Apple Music library –from any Apple product directly to any and all speakers. TuneIn, iHeart, Calm Radio, Slacker and Radio Paradise access dozens of Internet radio stations. And select songs seamlessly from the top celestial jukeboxes including Tidal, Deezer, Spotify, Amazon and Pandora.
Optimized operating system
The BluOS operating system was built for wireless from the bottom up. A free download (iOS, Android and Kindle Fire), the BluOS Controller App ties together every compatible component in your home, makes set-up a snap, flips effortlessly through all your files and sources, and gives you fingertip control of the whole ecosystem. Individual touch controls are on top of the MINI 2i speaker for convenience. If you have a learning remote, the MINI 2i is ready with a front-panel IR sensor. Amazon Alexa voice control is coming through future skills sets. And with AirPlay 2 on the way, you’ll soon be able to chat with Siri as well.
- Operating system: BluOS
- Supported operating systems: iOS, Android, Windows Vista, 7, 8, 10, macOS X 7-10
- Supported file formats: Mp3, AAC, WMA, WMA-L, OGG, FLAC, ALAC, WAV, AIFF, MQA
- Native sampling rates: 32 - 192kHz
- Bit depths: 16 - 24
- Music service integrations: 17+
- 3rd-party integrations: AirPlay2 (via software update), Apple Wireless Accessory Configuration (WAC)
- Control system integration: Crestron, Control 4, RTI, ELAN, URC, Push, Lutron, iPort
- Voice control integration: Supports Amazon Alexa (via software update)
- Play/pause button: Touch LED
- Volume control buttons: Touch LED
- Previous/next track buttons: Touch LED
- Preset buttons: In-App
- Processor: ARM cortex -A9, 1GHz
- Distortion: THD+N, 0.030%
- Amplification: Digital
- Power output: 100W total system power, bi-amplified 40W x 2 woofer; 10W x 2 tweeter
- Speakers: 4" x 2 woofer; 0.75" x 2 tweeter
- Frequency response: 50Hz - 20kHz ± 1.5dB, -10dB @ 40Hz
- Power: Universal bi-pin AC cord input (100 - 240AC)
- Ethernet/LAN: Ethernet RJ45, GigE
- Wi-Fi built-in: 802.11ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth: Built-in
- Bluetooth quality: Qualcomm aptX HD Bluetooth 5.0
- Bluetooth connectivity: Two-way (transmit & receive)
- IR optical built-in: IR sensor built-in - front panel
- Optical/analog input: Combo - Toslink/3.5mm
- USB In: Type A (Fat32 formatted)
- USB: Type B (mini) for product servicing
- Headphone output: 3.5mm stereo
- Power consumption (Idle/Standby): 10 watts/<0.5 watts
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 13.2" x 6.8" x 6.1"
- Weight: 8.2 lbs.
What's in the Box
What's in the Box:
- PULSE MINI 2i Compact Wireless Streaming Speaker
- 120V AC power cord
- 230V AC power cord
- Ethernet cable
- Toslink optical to 3.5mm mini adaptor
- Safety/warranty guide
- Quick setup guide