Only about the size of a DVD player, the SoundBase 220 system can fill your room with rich, satisfying 3D sound -- including thumping bass response -- with no external speakers, subwoofers or speaker wires! The 220's sound quality is excellent, using ZVOX's high performance speakers and amplifiers. Unlike any other sound bar in its price category, the SoundBase 220 uses a wood (MDF) cabinet -- not plastic. ZVOX's exclusive PhaseCue technology creates three-dimensional surround sound without external speakers and wires.
You can fit the 220 on a shelf below the TV or, depending on the size of your TV, you can put it under your TV set. Hookup is super-simple -- just one connecting wire and a one-page owner's manual. You can even teach the ZVOX 220 to respond to your TV or cable box remote control! If you want great TV sound without the complexity, without the mess, and without the high price, the SoundBase 220 is the right choice for you.
ZVOX SoundBase 220 Home Theater System Features:
- World's Smallest Home Theater System
- Surround Sound Without Multiple Speakers & Wires
- No External Subwoofer - Everything's Built-In
- Super-Clear Vocals
- "Loud Commercial Control" Feature
- Front-Panel iPod®Portable Connection
- Works With Your TV or Cable Box Remote
PhaseCue® Virtual Surround Sound
- The 220 uses ZVOX's proprietary PhaseCue virtual surround processing
- Provides rich, three-dimensional sound with movies or music
- The ZVOX 220 does a remarkable job of replicating a 5.1 system
- Sound & Vision magazine calls ZVOX's PhaseCue processing "remarkably ingenious."
Incredibly Clear Voices
Dialog Emphasis feature uses hearing aid technology to make voices unbelievably clear. It's amazing.
Tame Loud Commercials
Tired of commercials that blast you out of your chair? ZVOX's Output Leveling feature reacts instantly and turns them down to a lower level. You'll love it.
The 220 features a four-digit display located behind the speaker grille that shows the current setting for volume, bass, treble and PhaseCue® (virtual surround) - and also shows when you have engaged the Mute, Output Leveling (OL) or Dialog Emphasis (DE) features. A few seconds after you stop using your remote (or front panel) controls, the display disappears completely.
Multiple Inputs - including front-panel connection for iPod® and other portable devices
The 220 has two analog audio inputs, one optical (Toslink) digital input, one coaxial digital input - plus a front panel 3.5mm analog stereo input for convenient connection of your iPod or other portable audio device. Any specific input can be selected using either the remote control or the slim-line module below the speaker grille.
Uses Your Remote Control
The SoundBase system can be programmed to respond to your remote control. The illuminated display walks you through a less-than-a-minute programming cycle. Then your TV remote, cable box remote or satellite receiver remote can control volume, mute and power functions of the ZVOX system.
Just Plain Great Sound
The most important feature for any home theater system is high quality sound, and the 220 uses premium quality speakers and amplifiers that will truly amaze!
Soundbase 220 Specifications:
- Dimensions: 17"W x 12.5"D x 3.5"H
- Weight: 11 pounds. With box and packing: 13 pounds.
- Amplifier: 35 watts with digital power supply.
- Rear inputs: (2) analog stereo inputs, (1) optical (Toslink) digital input, (1) coaxial digital input.
- Front input: (1) 3.5mm stereo front panel input.
- Frequency range: 55 Hz - 20 kHz.
- Virtual surround sound: The 220 uses ZVOX's proprietary PhaseCue virtual surround sound processing.
- The 220's 5.25" subwoofer uses a high-mass long-throw design in a ported enclosure.
- The 220's three 2" main speaker drivers use a long-throw design to create remarkably wide range, accurate sound.
- Unlike most systems in its category, the 220 uses an MDF (medium density fiberboard) wood cabinet - instead of molded plastic.
- Works with 100-240 volt power systems.
- The ZVOX 220 is backed by a one year limited parts and labor warranty.
What's in the Box
What's In the Box:
- One 1-meter stereo 3.5mm mini-jack to mini-jack connecting cord
- One 2-meter toslink (optical digital) connecting cable
- One remote control with power on/off, volume up/down, mute, PhaseCue (three level settings), bass up/down and treble up/down, input selection, Output Leveling (OL), Dialog Emphasis (DE).
- Power adapter and cord
- One-sheet safety instructions and operations manual, fast setup sheet and remote control programming instruction sheet.