For the smallest of spaces, the ZBASE320 sound base gives
you everything you need in a surround sound system without the sticker shock! The unit is only 3.5” tall, but holds
speakers, an amplifier, and a powered sub in its cabinet. Installing the ZBASE320
is simple; it only has one cord and can adapt to use your TV’s remote. Enjoy a night in at the cinema with immersive,
enveloping 3D sound that is sure to impress viewers and listeners alike.
- Room filling 3D sound for your favorite movies and music
- MDF cabinet and long-throw speaker drivers
- Output Leveling Technology that will lessen the severity of loud commercials
- Easy install with only one cord; just plug n’play
ZBASE320 Surround Sound System Features:
- The Z-Base 320 is only 23.7" wide by 11.5" deep by 3.5" high. Everything is inside this compact cabinet - speakers, amplifier, virtual surround circuitry and powered subwoofer.
- The 320 requires only one connecting cord -- both analog and digital signal connections are supported. Connect the one cord and you're done. You can place the 320 directly beneath most 27" - 42" TVs. (*TV base should not exceed 22" in width or 10" in depth. TV should not exceed 110 pounds in weight. Safety instructions in Z-Base 320 Operating Instructions and in TV's Operating Instructions should be closely examined and followed.)
Simple To Use
- In about one minute you can follow a simple routine that will "teach" the ZVOX 320 to respond to the commands of your TV or cable/satellite remote control. So you can adjust volume, mute, input and power with your remote, not ours. When you've finished the routine, turning on your TV will automatically turn on the ZVOX system. About three minutes after you turn off your TV, the ZVOX system will automatically go into standby mode.
Virtual Surround Sound
- The 320 uses ZVOX's proprietary PhaseCue II virtual surround processing to give you rich, three-dimensional sound with movies or music. With music, PhaseCue II creates a very wide soundstage - it literally sounds like you are listening to speakers eight feet apart from each other. When listening to a good movie, the soundtrack will envelope you - putting you in the middle of the action. While no virtual surround system - including ours - will give you the surround effects of a good 5.1 system, the ZVOX 320 does a remarkable job. Sound & Vision magazine calls their PhaseCue system "remarkably ingenious."
No Skimping On Speaker Quality
- Most audio systems in their price category use very cheap speakers in plastic cabinets. But at ZVOX they're "old school" about things like this. They use nothing but high quality speaker drivers, carefully designed by ZVOX engineers and manufactured to their specification. The 320 uses specially treated long-excursion main drivers. The cabinet is MDF (medium density fiberboard), the same material used in most high-end loudspeakers.
Here's what the critics say about ZVOX sound systems:
- "An audiophile quality system." - Stereophile
- "An awesome system...remarkably ingenious." - Sound + Vision
- "Creates a sonic dance." - The New York Times
- "Bigger audio dynamite." - The Wall Street Journal
- "Best Buy." - Consumers Digest
- "Best audio product of the year." - CNET
- "Knockout sound." - MSNBC
- "A single box powerhouse." - Men's Journal
- "Home theater product of the year." - About.com
- "Impressive sound without the clutter." - TV Guide
ZBASE320 Surround Sound System Specifications:
- Dimensions: 23.7"W x 11.5"D x 3.5"H
- Weight: 14 pounds. With box and packing: 15.6 pounds.
- Amplifier: 40 watts with digital power supply.
- Rear inputs: (2) analog stereo inputs, (1) optical (Toslink) digital input, (1) coaxial digital input.
- Front input: (1) 3.5mm stereo front panel input.
- Frequency range: 55 Hz - 20 kHz.
- Virtual surround sound: The 320 uses ZVOX's proprietary PhaseCue II virtual surround sound processing. PhaseCue II, as its name implies, manipulates the phase of the separate channels to "fool the ear" into believing that sound is coming from a variety of sources throughout the room. The benefits of PhaseCue II vary greatly based on program material. Live music and well-recorded modern movie soundtracks will deliver rich, three-dimensional sound - pulling the sound out from the speakers and into the room, literally surrounding the listener. Note: All virtual surround systems - including the PhaseCue II system - are limited in their effects when compared to a good 5.1 system. And sitcoms, news broadcasts and soundtracks from older movies often have very little in the way of three-dimensional sound. That being said, PhaseCue II is capable of generating a wonderful and engaging virtual surround experience.
- The 320 is bi-amplified, using a specially designed amplifier that includes electronic contouring for superb frequency response.
- The 320's 5.25" subwoofer uses a high-mass long-throw design in a ported enclosure.
- The 320's three 2" main speaker drivers use a long-throw design to create remarkably wide range, accurate sound.
- Unlike most systems in its category, the 320 uses an MDF (medium density fiberboard) wood cabinet - instead of molded plastic. MDF is the preferred construction material for high-performance speaker systems.
- Works only with 110-120 volt power systems.
- The ZVOX 320 is backed by a one year limited parts and labor warranty.
What's in the Box
What's In The Box:
- One 1-meter stereo 3.5mm mini-jack to mini-jack connecting cord
- One 2-meter toslink (optical digital) connecting cable
- One remote control with power on/off, volume up/down, mute, PhaseCue II (three level settings), bass up/down and treble up/down, input selection, Output Leveling (OL), Dialog Emphasis (DE).
- Power adapter and cord
- One-sheet safety instructions and operations manual, fast setup sheet and remote control programming instruction sheet.