From home theater to home concert, the Yamaha YSP-5600 MusicCast Soundbar brings the room together in a symphony of sound. Combining multiroom audio technology exclusive to Yamaha (MusicCast), with the multi-dimensional audio technology that's best for films and TV (Dolby Atmos), the result is a fully-encompassing sound that's perfect for any occasion. And you can instantly stream your music through Bluetooth, AirPlay, and more!
Take your TV sound to a new dimension. The YSP-5600 employs a remarkable 46 speaker drivers and Yamaha exclusive Digital Sound Projector technology to deliver Dolby Atmos and DTS:X multi-dimensional listening experiences. It can also provide wireless multiroom audio playback using your existing Wi-Fi network by adding other MusicCast speakers, sound bars or AV receivers in other rooms.
Yamaha YSP-5600 MusicCast Sound Bar Highlights:
- World's-first sound bar with 7.1.2-channel multi-dimensional sound
- HDMI inputs with 4K Ultra HD pass-through and HDCP 2.2
- MusicCast wireless multiroom audio system
- Access to your music library, Pandora, Spotify, Rhapsody and more
- Versatile connectivity – Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, AirPlay and Spotify Connect
- Subwoofer and wireless transmission kit sold separately. See accessories for details.
Yamaha YSP-5600 MusicCast Sound Bar Features:
True Surround Sound from a Single Unit
- Beautifully designed with 44 precisely calculated and positioned beam drivers and two woofers, the YSP-5600 effectively creates 7-channel sound beams (front left/right, center, surround left/right, height left/right). Using Yamaha Digital Sound Projector technology, each speaker is controlled by individual delay times and is driven with its own independent amplifier circuit. These beams are projected onto the walls and ceiling, and reflected to the listening position. In addition, the YSP-5600 uses the surround channel sound beam for surround back to support 7.1.2-channel Dolby Atmos or DTS:X reproduction.
The First Sound Bar to Create Height Channels
- The height channels are created by placing six array speakers on each end of the unit (a total of 12). For the maximum sound beam effect, they are mounted on an angled baffle with sound beam vertical control. The result is realistic sound field reproduction with true height, as if real speakers were mounted on the ceiling. You get great sound without having to mount ceiling speakers or run speaker wire.
Height Channel Positions Can Be Precisely Adjusted to Match the Listening Position
- For reproduction of the latest surround sound formats such as Dolby Atmos and DTS:X, the relationship between the listening position and the height channel is critical for the best sound. The YSP-5600 adjusts the angle of the sound beam directed at the ceiling allowing the height channel position to match the listening position. This process can be done manually or automatically.
Directed Sound Beams Realize Distinct Height Channel Audio
- The height speakers create multi-dimensional sound by reflecting directed beams off the ceiling to the listening position. The YSP-5600 creates accurate sound position, ensuring realistic reproduction of overhead sound effects such as thunder or airplanes.
Dialogue Lift Ensures Proper Dialogue Orientation
- With many sound bars positioned below the TV, dialogue and vocals can often seem misplaced relevant to the people talking onscreen. To correct this problem, the YSP-5600 has a Dialogue Lift function (adjustable in three steps) that raises the reflecting beams from the array speakers to the proper height for accurate onscreen dialogue. Enjoy sounds and images that are perfectly aligned, just as in a movie theater.
Support for the Latest Surround Format, Dolby Atmos
- Enter a new world of sound with Dolby Atmos. It transports you from an ordinary moment into an extraordinary experience with captivating, multidimensional sound that fills your room with amazing richness and depth. Music, people, and objects come alive in breathtaking detail and flow in precise choreography all around you, making you feel like you are truly there. The combination of Dolby Atmos and the YSP-5600 will fill the room with multidimensional sound that makes you feel as if you are right in the middle of the story unfolding on the screen.
Support for the Latest Surround Format, DTS:X
- DTS:X is the next generation object-based, multi-dimensional audio technology from DTS. Unbound from channels, DTS:X conveys the fluid movement of sound to create an incredibly rich, realistic and immersive soundscape - in front of, behind, beside and above the audience - more accurately than ever before. The combination of DTS:X and the YSP-5600 will fill the room with multidimensional sound that makes you feel as if you are right in the middle of the story unfolding on the screen.
Supports the Exclusive Yamaha CINEMA DSP 3D Mode
- Yamaha’s original CINEMA DSP 3D Mode adds an expansive height direction to the sound field, creating a rich surround space. The YSP-5600 supports this feature by using special array speakers to create vertical beams. You can enjoy the feeling of a live performance with standard sound formats, and combine this effect with Dolby Atmos or DTS:X to enjoy a more natural expansion of the 3D surround sound.
Choose One of Four Listening Modes to Match Your Scenario
- The YSP-5600 is equipped with four listening modes: 3D Surround, which commands five horizontal beams and two vertical beams to recreate the equivalent of up to a 7.1.2-channel three-dimensional sound field; Surround, which uses five horizontal beams to perform normal 5.1-channel surround playback; Stereo, which uses a special vertical beam speaker as a tweeter to produce high sound quality 2-channel stereo from audio sources; and Target Playback mode, which aims monaural sound clearly to a precise location in the room.
Easy Sound Calibration for Your Room
- The YSP-5600 employs IntelliBeam automatic sound optimization using the supplied microphone for the best performance in your listening environment. This also includes setting the position of sound beams directed at the ceiling. Achieve highly accurate and impressive sound field reproduction.
- MusicCast makes it easy to bring music to every room in your home wirelessly with playback controlled by a simple app. Start with a MusicCast Sound Bar then add a MusicCast capable AV receiver in your main entertainment room for the ultimate home theater experience, next add MusicCast Wireless Speakers or Hi-Fi components in other rooms wirelessly.
All Your Content
- MusicCast allows you to access your digital music library, streaming music services and Internet radio, as well as Bluetooth sources and external sources attached to your Sound Bar, such as a Blu-ray disc player or CD player.
Bluetooth Music Streaming
- Stream music directly from your smartphone or tablet via Bluetooth or AirPlay. Use the MusicCast app to pause/play and adjust the volume from your handheld device. In addition, a Bluetooth standby mode provides the convenience of having the sound bar turn on and off automatically.
Bluetooth Output for Convenient Music Streaming
- MusicCast products from Yamaha support Bluetooth as an input or as an output. Stream any audio via Bluetooth from your smartphone or tablet and play it on a single MusicCast device or multiple MusicCast devices in linked playback mode. MusicCast devices can also stream out to a Bluetooth speaker or headphones.
Full Support of 4K60p and HDCP 2.2
- The YSP-5600 supports the latest HDMI standards. Thanks to transmission of 4K video at 60 frames per second pass-through, you can enjoy full high-definition video quality of 4K without degradation. It also adheres to the HDCP 2.2 copyright protection standard for 4K video transmission.
Streaming Services Offer a Huge Range of Listening Choices
- Support for the music streaming services Spotify, Pandora, Rhapsody and Sirius XM means you’ll enjoy a wide variety of music content. Furthermore, support for the vTuner radio station database enables sampling of Internet radio broadcasts from around the world. *Streaming service availability varies by region.
Simple Exterior Design
- The front panel and the indicator section are covered by a mesh grille achieving a simple, elegant look. In addition, the indicator section lights only when needed, to avoid any distraction while viewing. The YSP-5600 can be placed on TV furniture using the included feet or it can be wall-mounted using an optional bracket (see Accessories). It stands at only 8-3/8” tall and 3-5/8” deep (without the feet) fitting beautifully into any décor.
Optional Wireless Subwoofer Kit
- The optional SWK-W16 kit can be attached to a subwoofer unit to connect it wirelessly. You won’t need to use any connecting wires between the unit and the subwoofer, increasing your system layout options.
Custom Integration Friendly
- The YSP-5600 has an IR input and pass-through output for use with third-party control systems. In addition, it is certified for use with Control4 home automation and smart home systems for network-based control.
Additional Menus for Hotel Room Use
- Additional menus are provided for settings such as preventing accidental operation by guests. For example, with the Turn-On Volume setting, when power is turned on the volume is automatically set to a reasonable volume to avoid the surprise of very loud sounds. The Max. Volume can block high volume settings, and the Input Lock can prevent accidental operation.
Other Notable Features:
- Clear Voice makes dialogue and narrations easy to hear
- Music Enhancer improves the sound of compressed sources
- Adaptive DRC enables volume and dynamic range adjustment
- OSD supports overlay and multiple languages (English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Dutch, Russian, Swedish, Turkish, Japanese)
- Subwoofer output terminal for system expansion
Yamaha YSP-5600 MusicCast Sound Bar Specifications:
- Output Channel: 7.1.2-channel
- Output Power: 128 W total power: 88 W array speakers + 40 W woofers
- Standby Power Consumption: 0.3 W (HDMI control OFF, Network Standby OFF), 2.0 W (HDMI Control OFF, Network Standby ON, Wi-Fi ON)
- Beam Drivers: Vertical sound beam speaker array: 1-1/8" x 6 beam drivers x 2 (L / R) Horizontal sound beam speaker array: 1-1/2" x 32 beam drivers Woofer: 4-1/2" x 2 woofers
- Woofers: 4-1/2” x 2 woofers
- Dimensions (W x H x D): [without stands] 43-1/4” x 8-3/8” x 3-5/8” [with included stands] 43-1/4” x 8-1/2” x 4-3/4”
- Weight: 25.8 lbs
- HDMI: 4 in (Input 1: HDCP 2.2) / 1 out (HDC P2.2, ARC)
- Digital Optical: 2 in
- Digital Coaxial: 1 in
- Analog Audio: 1 in
- Subwoofer Output: Yes
- 4K Pass-through: Yes (60p)
- v.Color: Yes
- 3D Pass-through: Yes
- ARC: Yes
- CEC: Yes
- Auto Lip-Sync: Yes
- Surround Technology: Digital Sound Projector
- CINEMA DSP Movie: 3 (Sci-Fi, Adventure, Spectacle)
- CINEMA DSP Music: 3 (Music Video, Concert, Jazz Club)
- CINEMA DSP Entertainment: 4 (Sports, Talk Show, Drama, Game)
- Listening Mode: 3D SURROUND, SURROUND, STEREO, TARGET Playback mode, My Surround
- Compressed Music Enhancer: Yes
- Dolby Atmos: Yes
- Dolby TrueHD: Yes
- Dolby Digital Plus: Yes
- Dolby Digital: Yes
- Dolby Digital EX: Yes
- DTS:X: Yes (via a future firmware update)
- DTS-HD Master Audio: Yes
- DTS-HD High Resolution : Yes
- DTS Digital Surround: Yes
- DTS-ES: Yes
- DTS 96/24: Yes
- LPCM: Yes
- Wireless Music Streaming: Yes (with Bluetooth, Wi-Fi)
- Wi-Fi: Yes (IEEE802.11b/g/n, Radio Frequency Band 2.4GHz)
- AirPlay: Yes
- Bluetooth Version/Profile: (Version) Ver. 2.1 + EDR (Codec) Receiving: SBC, MPEG4-AAC / Transmitting: SBC
- Ethernet: Yes (100base-T, 10base-T)
- IntelliBeam: Yes
- On-Screen Display: Yes
- On-Screen Display Languages: English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Dutch, Russian, Swedish, Turkish, Japanese
- ECO Mode: Yes
- App Control: Yes