Yamaha YSP-5600 Soundbar Overview
From home theater to home concert, the Yamaha YSP-5600 MusicCast Soundbar brings your living room together in a symphony of sound. Combining multi-room audio technology exclusive to Yamaha (MusicCast) with the multi-dimensional audio technology that's best for films and TV (Dolby Atmos) results in an all-encompassing sound that's perfect for any occasion or home theater setup. And you can instantly stream your music through Bluetooth, AirPlay, and more!
- True 7.1-channel surround sound from a single unit
- The only soundbar with height channels for realistic sound field reproduction
- Adjustable height channel positions for precise control
- Dialog Lift ensures proper dialog orientation
- HDMI inputs with 4K Ultra HD pass-through and HDCP 2.2
- MusicCast wireless multiroom audio system
- Access to your music library, Pandora, Spotify, Rhapsody and more
- Versatile connectivity – Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, AirPlay and Spotify Connect
- Dolby Atmos support
- Dimensions: 43.25” W x 8.38” H x 3.63” D
- Weight: 25.8 lbs
- Warranty: 2 years
- World Wide Stereo 60-day guarantee and expert product support
One Box, 7.1 Channels
Ready to listen to your Ultra HD movie collection in the very latest surround sound? Don’t want to have to mix and match speakers in your home theater? Take a look at our Yamaha YSP-5600 MusicCast Soundbar with Dolby Atmos. Featuring Yamaha’s high-end sound projector technology, this beauty produces true 7.1-channel surround sound -- from a single speaker. Plus, it’s fully wireless and Bluetooth-enabled. It’s the perfect centerpiece for your home theater!
The MusicCast Soundbar is Here
With a jaw-dropping forty-four array speakers powered by Yamaha’s exclusive Active Servo (YST) technology, as well as two 2½” woofers, the primary cabinet is built for surround sound. Experience a high-quality, richly-textured three-dimensional sound field, with clearly positioned dialogue and superb surround-sound effects, all wrapped in a vibration-dampening aluminum body.
A True Surround-Sound Experience
How does a soundbar achieve 7.1 channels of surround sound? With Digital Sound Projector technology, Yamaha produces beams of sound, with advanced IntelliBeam processing control controlling their directions for an optimum sound field -- just like how a video projector projects its image. The result is real, natural surround sound with natural ambiance and imaging -- all with a smaller setup than you ever thought possible. Plus, with Versatile Listening Modes, you can control how many channels you want your surround sound to be.
The Dolby Atmos Soundbar
Don't settle for your standard home theater experience - with two vertical beam driver arrays, the YSP-5600 goes one further: It’s fully Dolby Atmos-enabled. Enjoy the luxury of sound that cascades vertically, not just horizontally. Get great 3D soundscapes without having to mount ceiling speakers or fiddle with speaker wire.
Audio in Full HD
Show your HD audio files some love with a sound projector that can play them natively -- the YSP-5600 does just that with your blu-ray files, as well as various digital HD audio codecs. Match your soundscape to your sound with four listening modes. Plus, show your MP3s some love with its Compressed Music Enhancer -- it’s an algorithm that restores sonic subtlety lost in the MP3 compression, returning your files to a near-hi-def experience.
Fully 4K Ultra HD Ready
Connect up to four HD sources, each with just a single HDMI cable. Plus, the YSP-5600 is fully ready for Ultra HD with 4K pass-through support. Turn your TV and sound projector off at the same time with its HDMI CEC functionality. Maintain the same volume level, regardless of input, with UniVolume. And with its built-in memory function, store three groups of settings for quick recall.
Your Wireless Soundbar
Access your entire digital music library as well as your streaming services and internet radio with MusicCast. It works with any external source attached to the YSP-5600, or with Bluetooth. Plus, with its Bluetooth, connect all of your favorite mobile devices to your soundbar and enjoy reference-quality sound. You can also connect headphones via Bluetooth for when it’s late.
- Output Channel: 7.1.2-channel
- Output Power: 128 W total power: 88 W array speakers + 40 W woofers
- Standby Power Consumption: 0.3 W (HDMI control OFF, Network Standby OFF), 2.0 W (HDMI Control OFF, Network Standby ON, Wi-Fi ON)
- Beam Drivers: Vertical sound beam speaker array: 1-1/8" x 6 beam drivers x 2 (L / R) Horizontal sound beam speaker array: 1-1/2" x 32 beam drivers Woofer: 4-1/2" x 2 woofers
- Woofers: 4-1/2” x 2 woofers
- Dimensions (W x H x D): [without stands] 43-1/4” x 8-3/8” x 3-5/8” [with included stands] 43-1/4” x 8-1/2” x 4-3/4”
- Weight: 25.8 lbs
- HDMI: 4 in (Input 1: HDCP 2.2) / 1 out (HDC P2.2, ARC)
- Digital Optical: 2 in
- Digital Coaxial: 1 in
- Analog Audio: 1 in
- Subwoofer Output: Yes
- 4K Pass-through: Yes (60p)
- v.Color: Yes
- 3D Pass-through: Yes
- ARC: Yes
- CEC: Yes
- Auto Lip-Sync: Yes
- Surround Technology: Digital Sound Projector
- CINEMA DSP Movie: 3 (Sci-Fi, Adventure, Spectacle)
- CINEMA DSP Music: 3 (Music Video, Concert, Jazz Club)
- CINEMA DSP Entertainment: 4 (Sports, Talk Show, Drama, Game)
- Listening Mode: 3D SURROUND, SURROUND, STEREO, TARGET Playback mode, My Surround
- Compressed Music Enhancer: Yes
- Dolby Atmos: Yes
- Dolby TrueHD: Yes
- Dolby Digital Plus: Yes
- Dolby Digital: Yes
- Dolby Digital EX: Yes
- DTS:X: Yes (via a future firmware update)
- DTS-HD Master Audio: Yes
- DTS-HD High Resolution : Yes
- DTS Digital Surround: Yes
- DTS-ES: Yes
- DTS 96/24: Yes
- LPCM: Yes
- Wireless Music Streaming: Yes (with Bluetooth, Wi-Fi)
- Wi-Fi: Yes (IEEE802.11b/g/n, Radio Frequency Band 2.4GHz)
- AirPlay: Yes
- Bluetooth Version/Profile: (Version) Ver. 2.1 + EDR (Codec) Receiving: SBC, MPEG4-AAC / Transmitting: SBC
- Ethernet: Yes (100base-T, 10base-T)
- IntelliBeam: Yes
- On-Screen Display: Yes
- On-Screen Display Languages: English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Dutch, Russian, Swedish, Turkish, Japanese
- ECO Mode: Yes
- App Control: Yes
Customer Reviews for Yamaha YSP-5600 MusicCast Sound Bar With Dolby Atmos/DTS:X
without a receiver and 7 extra speakers.
This bar is the one that truly delivers 3D surround sound
without any help from wireless rear speakers as many others
rely upon because they lack the "know how"
to project the stereo effects around the viewer/listener
effectively and convincingly.
Finally a sound bar that actually makes your ears think there are
side, rear & ceiling speakers.
Audition this puppy & you'll be salivating to buy it!
If you add a quality sub-woofer and calibrate it to this bar properly, you'll not need a receiver or 7.1 speakers anymore.
That's just how magic this unit is.
The price is high but you get what you pay for.
A person lives off-grid in a a mountain cabin setting on solar power and needs to use equipment that's frugal on electricity.
This sound-bar will be the surround sound system for just
that type of setting.
Using very little power vs an amp/receiver & 7.1 speakers
but delivering all the surround sound you are desiring.
Apartment dwellers also will love this model.
It's a win win scenario.
True Dolby ATMOS surround sound outta' one box vs 11.
Go hear it for yourself & see if I'm not right?