Questions? We're here to help.
Yamaha's RX-V Lineup Sets a New A/V Receiver Standard
Looking for an audio-video receiver to build your surround system? What better manufacturer to choose than one that built its reputation on music? Yamaha, which makes treasured musical instruments from pianos to strings and woodwinds, offers the same thoughtful craftsmanship to its V line of receivers (think V for value). The top-of-the-V-line RX-V781 7.2 channel AV Receiver, at a less-than-top-of-the-line price, supplies all the power you need for convincing home theater, accommodates all your AV sources (even vinyl), supports all of today’s highest-quality video and audio formats, and streams music to every room of your house using your own Wi-Fi network.
- 7.2-channel receiver for surround sound with Dolby Atmos and DTS:X
- Add audio in up to 9 additional rooms with MusicCast
- Fully loaded with Wi-Fi, AirPlay and Spotify Connect
- Stream Pandora, Spotify, Napster, SiriusXM and thousands of free Internet radio stations
- Handles high-resolution music file formats such as DSD, AIFF, FLAC, WAV and Apple Lossless
- 6-in, 2-out HDMI with 4K Ultra HD pass-through and upscaling; component video in and out
- HDCP 2.2, high dynamic range (HDR) and BT.2020 compatibility
- Dual HDMI output (Zone B video) and Zone 2 audio
- Phono input to connect to your favorite turntable
- Bluetooth with Compressed Music Enhancer for sound clarity
- YPAO multipoint sound optimization tuning for your home
- Power: 95 watts per channel, 20-20kHz, two channels driven
- Dimensions: 17-1/8” wide by 6-3/4” high by 14-7/8” deep
- Weight: 23.4 lbs.
- Warranty: Two years parts and labor
- Included: World Wide Stereo 60-day guarantee and expert product support
Surrounded by Choices
The RX-V781 is a 7.2-channel system, with seven amplified channels and dual subwoofer connections. The amps pump out a true 95 watts per channel, and you can choose a speaker configuration to suit your preference – in front, at the sides, in back or over your head. Yamaha’s Cinema DSP (see below) can add two additional “presence” speakers in the front for a deeper, wider, higher soundstage. All the latest surround formats are supported, including Dolby Atmos and DTS:X, which offer pinpoint sound location around or above. Or you can use one pair of speakers as a second remote zone elsewhere in your home.
Yamaha’s Parametric Acoustic Optimizer with Reflected Sound Control automatically adjusts the receiver to match your listening situation. During setup, move an included microphone around the room, and the RX-V781 uses those measurements to adjust the frequency response, time delay and volume level of each channel to make the most of your speakers, configuration and room acoustics.
DSP Creates Pinpoint Sound Location
A pioneer in the creation of virtual sound spaces through Digital Soundfield Processing, Yamaha takes detailed measurements in real venues – movie theaters to concert halls – and programs the data right into its microprocessors. Cinema DSP 3D offers pinpoint location of sound effects, transforms your listening room into any number of locations, and gives you full control of the scale of the sound space, for an experience that ranges from real to surreal. Combine specific sources with DSP settings and save them in four convenient one-touch scene buttons.
The Latest 4K Video Formats
An alphabet soup of video standards is supported – 4K with HDR, HDCP 2.2 and BT.2020 – but they all add up to the same thing: The RX-V781 can handle the latest 4K video signals with more color depth, higher contrast and double the resolution of standard HDTV, through a full array of HDMI inputs compatible with the required copy protection and ultra-high-definition technologies. Hook up a 4K Blu-ray or stream a 4K Netflix movie to the latest flat panels without fear of losing a pixel’s worth of quality. This receiver even upscales standard HD signals to near-4K quality.
MusicCast for Your Whole Network
Want music in your kitchen? Your home office? Your bedroom? Yamaha’s MusicCast is an ecosystem that covers a full line of wireless speakers, soundbars and other products, including V series receivers. MusicCast uses the RX-V781’s built-in WiFi and your home network to wirelessly distribute sound to up to 9 locations. Stream music from your personal library or subscription services such as Spotify, Pandora, Sirius XM and Napster, or from pads and phones using Apple’s AirPlay. Control all the sources and speakers through one single convenient MusicCast app for iOS and Android. Or stream directly from mobile devices using built-in Bluetooth with Compressed Music Enhancement for high quality sound.
Control at Your Fingertips
Every Yamaha network receiver comes with a remote control, but you may never pick it up. Instead, use Yamaha’s free, convenient AV Controller app, which offers a visual, intuitive and personalized way to access all of the RX-V781’s advanced capabilities. Choose your input, music, scene or stream, zone and speakers. Control and customize your sound and sound field. Even operate a compatible Yamaha Blu-ray player with the app, available from Apple’s App Store and Google’s Play.
Pairs well with: A wide range of speaker systems, including our sweet-sounding Definitive Technology BP9020 5.0 Bipolar Tower Speaker Package with Integrated Subwoofers. And if your budget allows, add Dolby Atmos with the A90 modules.
- Output Power:
- 95W per channel (8 ohms, 20 Hz – 20 kHz, 0.06% THD, 2-ch driven)
- 110W per channel (9 ohms, 1 kHz, 0.9% THD, 2-ch driven)
- 160W per channel (8 ohms, 1 kHz, 10%THD, 1-ch driven)
- Standby Power Consumption:
- HDMI control and Standby Through mode off: 0.1W
- HDMI Standby Through mode on: 1.1W
- Network Standby on: 2.1W (wired)
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 17-1/8” x 6-3/4” x 14-7/8”
- Weight: 23.4 lbs
- HDMI/HDCP 2.2 compatible: 6/3
- Network (Ethernet/WiFi): 1/1
- USB: 1
- Radio antenna (FM/AM): 1/1
- Optical digital: 2
- Coaxial digital: 2
- Analog audio (with phono): 5
- Component video (audio input assignable): 2
- Composite video: 4
- HDMI (HDCP 2.2 compatible): 2 (simultaneous)
- Monitor out (component): 1
- Monitor out (composite): 1
- Pre out: 7.2-channel
- Speaker (without subwoofer): 7-channel (9 terminals)
- Subwoofer: 2 x mono
- Headphone jack: 1
- Zone 2 audio out: 1
- Remote in/out: 1/1
- +12V / 0.1 A trigger out: 1